Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

26 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I dont get why they arent playing Living for the city but play that crappy Awful Dream, best song on the album.

I don’t get it either, especially after Slash said it surely would become a staple of the show. I really thought they‘d release it as a single half way through but the tour‘s almost over and nothing happened. Missed opportunity :shrugs:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

NYC was fun. Late doors due to the storm. Dorothy was a special guest. Snagged a signed vinyl. Duff handbills for his tour were on the merch table 

Did Dorothy just perform Key To The Highway or something else too?

44 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Signed slash vinyl or Dorothy?

Slash

Always find it strange that the rest of the band doesn’t sign them though. Same with Conspirators. The only thing that I have where the entire band did sign came with the Slash 4 guitar. Not even the super deluxe stuff got that 

4 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Boston sold 3000 tickets, according to the review posted. 

I actually liked Teddy's singing. His voice worked for the material. 

It would be great if a live album were recorded for the tour. 

Teddy does a better job than he did with Bluesball in the 90‘s, that’s for sure.
A blu ray of a full night would be great. Like the one where they jammed with Haynes, Gales and Sam.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Slash

Always find it strange that the rest of the band doesn’t sign them though. Same with Conspirators. The only thing that I have where the entire band did sign came with the Slash 4 guitar. Not even the super deluxe stuff got that 

Mind of I ask how much?

I understand this one only being signed by slash but the conspirators always confused me too lol 

30 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Mind of I ask how much?

I understand this one only being signed by slash but the conspirators always confused me too lol 

$50. He only signs a limited amount per show, so i would head straight to the merch table after doors open 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

Just an observation from seeing it live, but Slash’s playing seems much more comfortable with the LP than the 335 when switching around the set. The 335 prob does those songs more justice but his playing is much more fluid/clean w the smaller body size

8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Teddy does a better job than he did with Bluesball in the 90‘s, that’s for sure.
A blu ray of a full night would be great. Like the one where they jammed with Haynes, Gales and Sam.

Saw them in Boston last week, was not expecting Teddy to lead vocals on the majority of songs, but he did a good job. He does have a lounge lizard vibe though and is beginning to resemble Ron Jeremy. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Just an observation from seeing it live, but Slash’s playing seems much more comfortable with the LP than the 335 when switching around the set. The 335 prob does those songs more justice but his playing is much more fluid/clean w the smaller body size

Seeing Slash with anything other than a Les Paul does feel a little weird but to be fair to him he has had other guitars in his line up for much of his career.  He did play a strat very early on during his playing so seeing Slash with a stratocaster would be a little shocking haha.  He has done amazing things for Gibson and all the eyes that hes brought and turned onto that brand he should get free guitars for life.

Pier 17 was such a cool venue, with the bridge visible through the stage.

wnvsp6N.jpeg

I enjoyed the show, but still wish Slash would slow down and play more rhythmically and melodically. The drummer was really the star of the band IMO. I gotta learn his name, lol.

Robert Randolph had a really talented and tight band, they stood out. Keb Mo's second guitarist was impressive, too. Underutilized in that band.

Edited by evilfacelessturtle
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1