Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

4 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Pier 17 was such a cool venue, with the bridge visible through the stage.

wnvsp6N.jpeg

I enjoyed the show, but still wish Slash would slow down and play more rhythmically and melodically. The drummer was really the star of the band IMO. I gotta learn his name, lol.

Robert Randolph had a really talented and tight band, they stood out. Keb Mo's second guitarist was impressive, too. Underutilized in that band.

Michael Jerome is the drummer, he's awesome :headbang:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Robert Randolph had a really talented and tight band, they stood out. Keb Mo's second guitarist was impressive, too. Underutilized in that band.

Agreed. At the show I went to, he played lead in the last song that Keb Mo played and totally scorched it. 

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I have to say, even though the album was pretty good I haven't listened to it much since the first week it was out. Honestly I've lost interest in this already.

Yeah...me to, actually. 

• Like 1

Got to venue at 18:45 and Robert Randolph had already started. He was my favourite of the openers, there was a song he played which I'm dying to know the name of, the one where the lady starts singing "I got it... You know that I got it...". ZZ Ward and Larkin Poe were also cool. Slash came on about 21:10. So many empty seats I went from sitting in row M to row D, but the crowd who did turn up seemed to dig the show at least. Highlights for me remain the same as my highlights from the album, Papa Was a Rolling Stone, Stormy Monday, and Metal Chestnut. Surprised they don't play Living for the City? Teddy is... not terrible, but nothing to write home about. Dug the drummer, had a lot of energy. If you can get a cheap ticket it's a decent night out. I paid less than $40 after fees for mine but they were going for half that today.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I have to say, even though the album was pretty good I haven't listened to it much since the first week it was out. Honestly I've lost interest in this already.

I stopped listening to it for a week or two but I already went back to it more than just occasionally. I don’t think I’ve listened that much to any of his releases in the first few months but I always loved blues music, a lot of the songs and most of the artists he chose for that record. Plus I enjoy the live shows a lot, so the material doesn’t get old because there are great performances and awesome renditions throughout the set list.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm just wanting new SMKC honestly, like something really good.

new Slash tunes in any form are always of interest to me which makes Con 5 the record I most want to hear cause we're not going to get new Gn'R tunes anytime soon probably with Slash written tracks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Some new Guns N' Roses music would be nice! :D

That too but only if it's good, I don't want any more old recycled leftovers. Like honestly I would've preferred a newly written, really good song over the general and monsters.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That too but only if it's good, I don't want any more old recycled leftovers. Like honestly I would've preferred a newly written, really good song over the general and monsters.

Me too, I meant REAL new music, written by the current line up. Not really interested in any leftovers as well.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

There are better gigs, though

He specifically mentioned releasing the Denver stream as a dvd... I'd pick another show or a compilation, but wouldn't complain about Denver getting a physical release.

Even if they don't release a full show, something like a 1 LP 'Spotify fans EP' would be awesome. Some of the highlights of the show I saw weren't songs from the album... Stone Free needs to be released by this lineup. Live or studio doesn't really matter, preferably they'd do both, but they kill it on that song. Big Legged Woman is great too, and Shake Your Money Maker is a fun closing song.

The CD is out of rotation in my car lol, but I still listen/watch live videos. Hopefully we get more of those Gibson videos. The album is good and a few songs are still regularly in my playlists, but live stuff is what I've been listening to recently.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 2

Man, the Nashville show is not selling very well. Tons of tickets are still available. I think the first lineup of shows was the best. I have to think that is playing a small part in the last leg of shows.

I bought the Papa Was a Rolling Stone VIP package as soon as tickets went on sale. I spent over $400 and it almost makes me sick looking at the current ticket prices.

Oh well, I am getting my early entry, sound check, signed record, and sitting in the front row so I guess I can’t complain. Those were all things that I wanted 🤷🏻‍♂️.

• Like 1

Premier Guitar put this video out a few hours ago. It is just an edit from the full interview, in case you don't want to watch the full video. This is Slash's 2024 Orgy of the Damned Pedalboard. I found it interesting that he doesn't use his signature wah, and he uses a standard Dunlop Wah.

This is the full interview and rundown of the guitars that he uses. It came out about a month ago.

Edited by Tourettes2400

12 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Man, the Nashville show is not selling very well. Tons of tickets are still available. I think the first lineup of shows was the best. I have to think that is playing a small part in the last leg of shows.

I bought the Papa Was a Rolling Stone VIP package as soon as tickets went on sale. I spent over $400 and it almost makes me sick looking at the current ticket prices.

Oh well, I am getting my early entry, sound check, signed record, and sitting in the front row so I guess I can’t complain. Those were all things that I wanted 🤷🏻‍♂️.

It sucks to see tickets discounted after you paid top dollar, but it depends how you look at things. If you're in the front row, does it matter how many people are behind you?

Basically none of my favourite artists come to my city, so I travel for most concerts, which adds at least 100-200 to the cost. I paid something like $60 plus fees when tickets originally went on sale for this tour... eventually they had a 4 for $150 promo, I don't know if they were discounted again after that. I over-paid, and I bailed on seeing Buckethead a month earlier in favour of the Redmond show... and it was 100% worth it. I saw the Rolling Stones a few days earlier, and the Serpent fest is still the best show I've seen this year.

• Like 3

On 8/8/2024 at 1:23 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Solid album but I hear what you are saying. For me it is hard to really get into an album with 12 different singers.  Not everyone is going to like every singer, and you lose the cohesiveness of an album.  One (good) singer and a few originals would produce a better project.  Then to tour the album with two singers that can't live up to the studio tracks is another miss. 

Still a fun project and glad he did it, but it didn't live up to my expectations. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2024 at 6:37 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Even if they don't release a full show, something like a 1 LP 'Spotify fans EP' would be awesome. Some of the highlights of the show I saw weren't songs from the album... Stone Free needs to be released by this lineup. Live or studio doesn't really matter, preferably they'd do both, but they kill it on that song. Big Legged Woman is great too, and Shake Your Money Maker is a fun closing song.

Big Legged Woman is one of my favorites.  I was pretty excited when I saw they were doing Stone Free... It rips musically but I don't care for the way Tash sings it.