Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

St. Augustine was a fun show.  All of the artists were really great.  

Slash has a really fun band.  Great songs.  At one point Slash mentioned switching things up as the crowd might not like the written song, Awful Dream?  Not sure what that was about.  It looks like Living for the City was the replacement ^^.

Not judging, just observing - it was unfortunate to see as many folks walk out not in the best shape.  Even one person had to be wheelchaired out - which is a bummer.

Edited by Spike Killer
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Solid album but I hear what you are saying. For me it is hard to really get into an album with 12 different singers.  Not everyone is going to like every singer, and you lose the cohesiveness of an album.  One (good) singer and a few originals would produce a better project.  Then to tour the album with two singers that can't live up to the studio tracks is another miss. 

Still a fun project and glad he did it, but it didn't live up to my expectations. 

I'm not even bothering to watch the live videos anymore. It's all just the same thing each time.

Well, I was pretty impressed with the sound check. Larkin Poe came out with Tash and Slash. It was really cool to watch all of them practicing and improvising.Slash teaching the other guys things. It almost felt like watching them being in the studio while they were recording.

Tickets haven’t been selling well so I bought a second one for $7 on SeatGeek and took all of my stuff to my car to charge my phone and get some AC.

The VIP was well worth the $400 plus I spent and I would do it again. Awesome experience all around. Although, I spent way too damn much on merch 😆 

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Small interview on news. He is described as ' Former Guns N' Roses lead guitarist'

I wouldn’t read to much into it. They’re promising just misinformed. Nice little promo but the tour‘s almost over now.

8 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I wouldn’t read to much into it. They’re promising just misinformed. Nice little promo but the tour‘s almost over now.

Just thought i'd point it out, also in the description GN'R are referred to as Guns And Roses lol, facts not important to this news channel I guess

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Just thought i'd point it out, also in the description GN'R are referred to as Guns And Roses lol, facts not important to this news channel I guess

I think it just demonstrates ignorance; ignorance is bliss n all that.  They just assumed since he's out doing his own thing and Guns arent active that he's left the band but yeah I would'nt read into it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Small interview on news. He is described as ' Former Guns N' Roses lead guitarist'

Oh, you guys didn't hear? Slash is moving to rhythm guitar and Duff will do leads now. Fortus will man the tambourine and Melissa is taking over lead vocals.

Frank is just gonna, kinda... sit in the corner.

Edited by evilfacelessturtle

9 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

If Slash was breaking news it would not be with this sorry news station. They have been terrible for years. This was probably just to help ticket sales. It didn’t work. It was a hell of a show.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dallasgnrfan said:

Any idea what time Slash goes on tonight?

Not exactly sure but it should be around 8:30. Robert Randolph just finished his set. 

Edit: Maybe even longer. They're taking quite a bit of time to set the stage up between acts.

Edited by 22frets
  • Like 1

Christone "Kingfish" Ingram just stole the show! Dare I say that he even outplayed Slash tonight. Many people felt the same way too from what I overheard. I'm truly lucky to have him play in my venue!

Slash's band was quite fun and the jam with Kingfish was very cool. Teddy wasn't too bad but wasn't that memorable either. Tash was killer and I'd definitely prefer him singing the whole show.

I was a bit disappointed with Slash's playing though. He went on right after Kingfish and there was a stark contrast in their playing styles. I wish he'd tone down his incessant noodling and work on his phrasing and timing. But this has been a recurring theme for many years now and probably is just a factor of age. Thankfully, his playing in his albums is still solid! 

Overall, it was a good show with some refreshing playing but I definitely prefer to see Slash playing his own songs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Tour‘s over. I hope they continue as Bluesball.

I think touring as Slash's Blues Ball would help sell more tickets as well. Unless you're checking for Slash news on the Internet constantly you'll likely scroll past any mention of the SERPENT Festival without knowing he's in it.

• Like 2