Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

19 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

No it doesn't. Not working with Clink doesn't suggest anything whatsoever about his opinion of him.

Maybe Clink isn't available at a given time, maybe Slash is taking a recommendation from someone else (like brinking in Myles'/Alter Bridge's producer for World on Fire and Living The Dream), or maybe Slash is simply in the mood for something different – you might have a favourite t-shirt but one day you might feel like wearing something else instead, that doesn't mean you like it any less. I mean, he chose Dave Cobb for 4 because he was interested in working with him and wanted to record fully live – something Cobb wanted to do as well – not because he didn't like or appreciate something else. There could be countless reasons why.

The community jumping to conclusions as usual...

I already clarified this once; I am not saying Slash doesn't appreciate him at all. I don't know why everything has to be reduced to black and white whenever you're talking online. You can just as well say that I'm saying he doesn't appreciate how much worse Cobb and Baskette are. The point is relative. It's not an insult to Slash, calm down.

Slash did not go back to him for 30 years. That cannot be explained by "he wasn't available" or "I wanted to try something different for this album". Especially because... he didn't try anything different for those albums. There were no experimental production decisions or anything.

In reality, what he did was try something worse. And if he had an ear for production, he would have known that before doing the albums because all of those producers have prior albums he could listen to.

I've said this before, but artists are creatives, they aren't tech junkies or audiophiles. That's why The General can get released with clipping drums and neither Slash nor Axl even noticed. It's not crazy to say that if they can't pick up on clipping drums, they probably don't have an ear tuned to the difference between Clink and Baskette, either.

If I haven't worn that "favorite" t shirt in 30 years, it's a pretty big stretch to call it my favorite t shirt.

Edited by evilfacelessturtle