The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live

K, watching tonight. There's only 6 episodes. Not sure if there is a second season.

I hope when this series is over, I want Rick, Michonne, Daryl and Carol to meet up and go back to America.The ending should be they all meet up where the other groups are. That would be a very perfect ending.  Not so sure about Maggie and Negan. I think Negan will turn to the dark side again. Maggie's son is trouble and will cause her more trouble, so not sure where they will end up?

So what’s the verdict? Loving it so far. Good to finally see Rick again. The hand stuff was wild, but oh well. 
The only thing I could do without are these goddamn cliffhangers. I mean yes, don’t worry, I’m gonna watch the entire show ffs! 

Edited by jamillos

Well, Rick and Michonne are together, but still not out of the woods yet. That one with the bangs is on to them. Damn it. They only filmed 6 episodes, so I guess hopefully we might see another season?

Daryl comes back this summer. Not sure about Negan and Maggie.

Like I said, I want the Walking Dead world to end when Rick, Michonne, Darlyl and Carol make their way back to the others and then they can end it.

Like it so far, but hate that one with the bangs.  Rick is still not free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think you will like it and the series finale was awesome.

I don't think there will be a season 2. I think it was just the one season to have closure.

So I binged the rest yesterday, and it was awesome indeed. Too bad it took so long to air and also there’s no final scene of like all the other characters getting together, as there are other spin-offs (I still haven’t finished Daryl, and there are new Negan/Maggie seasons planned as well, right?). Maybe one of these shows could have a cameo in this vein at the end? Anyway, we did get a closure, they made it home, and I liked it. 
Maybe, maybe one day I’ll go through the entire TWD thing again, even if just skimming through some episodes. And that’s almost solely because of Rick – he’s such a great character and actor. 
What a ride that was! Did it really run from 2010? Wow. 

Edited by jamillos

I felt the same way. No one from the series was there except the kids. I wanted Rick and Michonne to see the new place and other friends too. Maybe when Daryl and Carol find each other and go home. I don't want Daryl to stay in France. I want them to be back home and safe.

I know the second season of Daryl is called "The book of Carol" so we'll probably see her find Daryl. As for Negan and Maggie who knows? I haven't heard anything more about it except it will be back.  I doubt Negan and Maggie will ever become friends, but I can see Maggie's son will be trouble. 

Glad you liked the series. I did too. Like Michonne says "Love never dies" and she was right for her and Rick.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I live in bedrock so I don't have home internet therefore, I've not seen my most anticipated series in the franchise since Rick's disappearance.

Once it's released on bluray, I'll binge on it.

I've been dying to see this!

• 1 month later...

This one left me conflicted, but kind of satisfied. As in I feel this bookended the show, and that there isn’t really anything else to be told within the story. 

I adore this show visually, especially the first episode. It’s cinematic in a way the original show never could be. The story itself is absurd. Commonwealth part 2, where the only solution to a problem is mass murder. Rick and Michonne kill thousands of people in the blink of an eye, and it isn’t really treated in any way except as a lazily written means to an end. Conflict? You’re dead. The Walking Dead is like your absent father. Every time the show seems to build upon something fresh, it falls into its Hollywoodized addiction of exploding people and overly melodramatic action. I end up feeling deflated. Maybe it’s my fault for always expecting something else from these shows, but when the book managed to almost deliver utter satisfaction by the end, it just keeps disappointing more and more.

But it does have so many redeeming moments. The first episode, especially the opening minutes contains some of the best character moments from The Walking Dead. It introduced (but unfortunately discards just as quickly) some of the most interesting new characters we’ve seen in years. Episode 4 was almost a masterpiece. Jadis’ final words, "I wish I died an artist". Had the show decided to combine this story with the Commonwealth in some way, it could have been a very deserved conclusion to the best apocalyptic epic ever. This could have definitely used a bunch more than six episodes.

At least it’s over now. I can’t see myself tuning into the other spinoffs. It was fun waiting weekly for a new (main-ish) Walking Dead story. I’ll miss Rick and Michonne, we’ve probably seen the last of them now.

I'm glad Rick and Michonne got back to their kids, but since the survivors were in another place, I wish they would have met up with some of the rest of the gang. 

I'm hoping if/when Daryl and Carol meet up eventually they will go back to America and meet up with Rick and Michonne and the rest of the gang. That would be a very cool ending to the seriies.

I know Negan and Maggie come back in 2025 and Negan might just go back to his old ways. I don't trust Maggie's son to stay put. Eventually Maggie will probably be heading back to NYC fo find her son and see Negan again.

5 hours ago, Eric Cantona said:

This one left me conflicted, but kind of satisfied. As in I feel this bookended the show, and that there isn’t really anything else to be told within the story. 

I adore this show visually, especially the first episode. It’s cinematic in a way the original show never could be. The story itself is absurd. Commonwealth part 2, where the only solution to a problem is mass murder. Rick and Michonne kill thousands of people in the blink of an eye, and it isn’t really treated in any way except as a lazily written means to an end. Conflict? You’re dead. The Walking Dead is like your absent father. Every time the show seems to build upon something fresh, it falls into its Hollywoodized addiction of exploding people and overly melodramatic action. I end up feeling deflated. Maybe it’s my fault for always expecting something else from these shows, but when the book managed to almost deliver utter satisfaction by the end, it just keeps disappointing more and more.

But it does have so many redeeming moments. The first episode, especially the opening minutes contains some of the best character moments from The Walking Dead. It introduced (but unfortunately discards just as quickly) some of the most interesting new characters we’ve seen in years. Episode 4 was almost a masterpiece. Jadis’ final words, "I wish I died an artist". Had the show decided to combine this story with the Commonwealth in some way, it could have been a very deserved conclusion to the best apocalyptic epic ever. This could have definitely used a bunch more than six episodes.

At least it’s over now. I can’t see myself tuning into the other spinoffs. It was fun waiting weekly for a new (main-ish) Walking Dead story. I’ll miss Rick and Michonne, we’ve probably seen the last of them now.

the Daryl story is good and now Carol is going after him. Negan and Maggie was good too. You should check them out.