Children Of The Revolution (loosely planned for Spring 2025)

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

If I'm not mistaken, Axl (and Caram) mixed his vocals on Rock the Rock, too. It looks like Axl wants to mix his vocals on whatever he sings on himself (or have "his guy" do it). I wouldn't be surprised if the Michael Schenker/UFO (?) song he recorded vocals on is delayed for the same reason.

Axl is gonna Axl. 

I'd love to hear this track. Great song, epic line up. I suspect it might be a short while at least, not only because of Axl, but we've just had Mark Knofler release a single with a tonne of guest artists (inc Slash) for TCT - maybe it'll be in the next month or two? It's been laid down since 2017, so that's kinda in line with Axl's usual timeframe. 

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

In case there was any doubt:

2ec03755-29c0-4bfa-b8eb-553429200e35.png.1d3c8b786b1d477b20634580792a8fb7.thumb.png.6c72f04636cd486b41081e85f93a87c5.png

Original instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5VV5yTs8o3/

Seems like the first 'fresh' recording since the reunion is in fact a cover, is Axl/Slash/Duff and Zak (Ringo Starr's son), and may be released soon.

They cut this cover for sick kids SEVEN YEARS AGO and Axl is still mixing the track? Words fail me. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They cut this cover for sick kids SEVEN YEARS AGO and Axl is still mixing the track? Words fail me. 

I hope that Axl hasn't been mixing his vocals since then :lol:

Maybe it was shelved at the time because of that other T-Rex tribute album that was released then and included a cover of the same song by different artists.

But still, it was 2017 and now it's 2024 :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

From what I understand AND I think the person who he refers as SSHH Is doing the mixing

Sshh is Zak's wife, I think, and they got a band together. He says that he and Sshh have done the production of the whole album, but from what I understand Axl is mixing the track, at least the vocals.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Sshh is Zak's wife, I think, and they got a band together. He says that he and Sshh have done the production of the whole album, but from what I understand Axl is mixing the track, at least the vocals.

Oh thank you, I didn't know who SSHH was

• Like 1

If this ever sees the light of day, do you think it would actually be released as a Guns N' Roses track; it seems more like a side project/one-off type thing. I guess I always took this rumor slightly more seriously than some of the "insiders" who lurk message boards since it came from a well-connected source, but damn, I remember this rumor being fairly early in the "NITL" era of the band. Little does Zak know that this post probably delayed the track by another five years. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

If this ever sees the light of day, do you think it would actually be released as a Guns N' Roses track; it seems more like a side project/one-off type thing. I guess I always took this rumor slightly more seriously than some of the "insiders" who lurk message boards since it came from a well-connected source, but damn, I remember this rumor being fairly early in the "NITL" era of the band. Little does Zak know that this post probably delayed the track by another five years. 

It clearly looks like it's part of a Zak Starkey and Sshh project/album, so I think it's certain that it wouldn't be released as GN'R.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

It clearly looks like it's part of a Zak Starkey and Sshh project/album, so I think it's certain that it wouldn't be released as GN'R.

Gotcha! I feel like, at the time of the rumor, the word was that it would be a GN'R track so I wasn't sure. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

This is some cool news, but I don’t understand the timing. 2017? Well, then again, I guess anything involving Axl has to take at least 7 years to be released! 

Remember, Axl lives in his own world where time move differently than ours. Don't complain, be grateful there's a chance you'll get something, even if you dont! He doesnt owe you anything!!!!

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, vloors said:

Axl is busy cutting and pasting his vocals from 7 years ago.

Hope you guys like clippings and bad mixing too. Cant wait.

They're very seriously trying to figure out how to get the sound just right. Or whatever lame ass excuse they had for delaying The General 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Gotcha! I feel like, at the time of the rumor, the word was that it would be a GN'R track so I wasn't sure. 

Yeah, it was ("the first GN'R reunion recording", etc.).

As far as I know, the rumour started from Mitch Lafon, then the producer of the T-Rex tribute album responded that there was no truth to it, but that there was another rumour about just Axl (without GN'R) recording a version for a different project.

But then "insiders" kept saying that it was a GN'R song.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, it was ("the first GN'R reunion recording", etc.).

As far as I know, the rumour started from Mitch Lafon, then the producer of the T-Rex tribute album responded that there was no truth to it, but that there was another rumour about just Axl (without GN'R) recording a version for a different project.

But then "insiders" kept saying that it was a GN'R song.

Typical Axl secrecy.

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I hope that Axl hasn't been mixing his vocals since then :lol:

Maybe it was shelved at the time because of that other T-Rex tribute album that was released then and included a cover of the same song by different artists.

But still, it was 2017 and now it's 2024 :lol:

Finally Mitch Lafon was right. Kudos to him.