Children Of The Revolution (loosely planned for Spring 2025)

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, it was ("the first GN'R reunion recording", etc.).

As far as I know, the rumour started from Mitch Lafon, then the producer of the T-Rex tribute album responded that there was no truth to it, but that there was another rumour about just Axl (without GN'R) recording a version for a different project.

But then "insiders" kept saying that it was a GN'R song.

Yup, and as far as I remember, this was basically all there was to it, and we heard nothing else since until now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The rumors really started in late 2018 when Mitch Lafon mentioned that the band might have recorded the cover and that it would be included on an upcoming T-Rex tribute project (Angelheaded Hipster - Another Look at Marc Bolan). The producer of this project (Hal Wilmer) quickly shot down the rumors, stating that the cover of Children of the Revolution to be featured in this project was recorded by Kesha, not GN'R. But interestingly, Wilmer also stated that there were rumors that GN'R with Axl had recorded the song, but for another project....

Kesha sang Children of the Revolution at the Wembley Taylor Hawkins Tribute 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I can totally hear Axl doing the verses in the same voice he used for Black Leather.

100%, it's definitely in his wheelhouse where he can sound top tier. Hopefully we hear it soon!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He "hopes" Axl is mixing the track right now? great lol

Axl still has record a couple takes of "ahhs" and "oohs" to add in to it, studio likely booked a few weeks after Thanksgiving. 

• Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

Cool news, but like with everything GNR, I’ll believe it when I see it. This could very well just be another GNR project we never hear another thing about, especially if Axl is in charge of mixing his vocals. I’m hoping between this and the other rumored cover we’ll at least hear something with Axl this year.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 1:47 PM, DannyVinyard said:

Even though you are joking, this is absolutely true. 

This is the only place I know of where a few people are pining for Buckethead to alternate-pick fast over a cover of a bluesy 70s rocker than Slash lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I remember a rumor a few years ago. There was s.o. on this board claiming that there will be a record out, including live recordings from the NITL tour, 2 new songs AND a T-Rex cover. 

Very interesting, but I'm not hyped... 

On 4/6/2024 at 5:58 AM, traddfolks said:

Kesha sang Children of the Revolution at the Wembley Taylor Hawkins Tribute 

Yea who could forget that thing gyrating around stage like a hooker rolling around an humping the floor... with Taylor's kids standing off stage left watching on.... real classy 👏 🤦😒

• Like 1