Axl has his own Website now

21 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Not really. Advisors, lawyers and professional managers must not be "yes-man" by definition.

Even your driver or bodyguard shouldn't always be a yes-man if you know what I myyouean.

Architects, structural engineers, pilots, accountants, and the list goes on and on.

In fact, only parasites are yes-man.

You talk most about university professionals, very different of another kind of employee.

Despite being true, am I the only one that found this line on the website a bit contentious, "Axl rose to fame as the lead vocalist and primary songwriter of Guns N' Roses?"

Edited by Tyson
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Despite being true, am I the only one that found this line on the website a bit contentious, "Axl rose to fame as the lead vocalist and primary songwriter of Guns N' Roses?"

Probably primary lyricist

16 hours ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Totally agree on the second quote.

I don't follow the first one though. In what world would Axl or his management allow an AI quote on his behalf? I completely agree it looks like the sort of thing a machine would come up with, but the link to the website is now in his Twitter bio. Surely that required some quality control on his behalf?

My guess would be the link was added to his Twitter bio by somebody else and Axl has nothing to do with this... or he took a quick look at the site, saw the quote and thought, "Hm, did I say that?" but left it at that.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Of course not everyone will know who he is, but he's more than 'broken into the mainstream from time to time'. Being at the oscars doesn't mean much, but he's played the superbowl, was the face of a massively successful video game (Guitar Hero), played with everyone from Eazy E to Michael Jackson to Lemmy. He's literally the 'classic rock guitar player' halloween costume lol, his look is even more iconic than the music he's played. I could go on, but if there's any guitar player that's managed to keep their pop culture relevance as high as other (older) pop stars, it's Slash.

You're not wrong. But I think it also speaks to how far rock has slid from relevance as a genre. And it's an age thing. Anyone over 40 was old enough to be aware of GNR when at their peak. Under that, they might recognize him as the tophat guy but not know his name, if that. Guitar Hero is already narrowed to an audience of mostly rock fans. Eazy E and Lemmy are both well past their heydays, that doesn't do much for notoriety in 2024. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Probably primary lyricist

Maybe he is the primary song writer by virtue of having been in the band longer than others? Like a volume thing. I'm sure someone on here knows the exact figures.

10 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

You're not wrong. But I think it also speaks to how far rock has slid from relevance as a genre. And it's an age thing. Anyone over 40 was old enough to be aware of GNR when at their peak. Under that, they might recognize him as the tophat guy but not know his name, if that. Guitar Hero is already narrowed to an audience of mostly rock fans. Eazy E and Lemmy are both well past their heydays, that doesn't do much for notoriety in 2024. 

I picked those guys as icons of their genre but yea, people like Rihanna, Travis Barker or Demi Lovato would probably be more relevant. Not that his songs with them lit the world on fire, and of course rock isn't the most relevant genre. But my point was he's stayed in the public eye and made himself into an identifiable brand, as much as a classic rock guitar player could.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, star said:

What is the point? when there is a Guns'N'Roses website, which he owns (the name of the band).

Potential autobiography, food & beverages line, hot sauces, more toy trucks, artworks etc.

But unfortunately I don't think it's gonna promote anything music related.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

I’d like an Axl autobiography, but not at the expense of reopening old wounds with Slash. I still consider it a miracle that they found a way to coexist after Axl’s infamous “not in this lifetime” comment. But then again, who knows, maybe Guns N’ Roses are done, so Axl discussing his version of things might not have any impact on the band’s future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Hige difference in fame between Slash and Wolfgang VH. Slash was the cover of guitar hero, he was also in all those iconic gnr videos. He is a household name. Even if they don't know the name the second they see the top hat they at least know it's someone very famous.

Not everybody is going to know who he is, but then not everyone knows who Taylor Swift is and you can't argue she isn't a household name.

A metal singer that doesn't know who Slash is? Wow😄 

My point is that seeing somebody on a TV show doesn't mean you know who they are or remember them. I couldn't name you a single member of a late night show house band, even though I've seen them all on TV countless times.

I never said literally everyone on earth has to know him to be famous.

39 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

My point is that seeing somebody on a TV show doesn't mean you know who they are or remember them. I couldn't name you a single member of a late night show house band, even though I've seen them all on TV countless times.

I never said literally everyone on earth has to know him to be famous.

Of course not that would be an impossible standard. Why would you know who the backing band for a TV show are? Unless you want to do that work there's no reason to know it... Slash on the other could pop up playing with just about anyone, and no matter how big the star they lose their shit Introducing him, I think most people would at least be curious IF somehow they were unaware of him beforehand. I fully acknowledge that there are generational things that can factor into not knowing older musicians and stars as well as taste dictating what someone may have searched out.

I just think you underestimate the reach the top hatted one has. End of the day he gets invited to the Grammys, Superbowl, guitar hero etc. because he is looked as a marketable quantity he's a recognizable brand and he's nourished that since the 90s to today. I doubt there's many places he can go where he isn't recognized (besides waffle house😄)

Edited by Tom2112

2 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I’d like an Axl autobiography, but not at the expense of reopening old wounds with Slash. I still consider it a miracle that they found a way to coexist after Axl’s infamous “not in this lifetime” comment. But then again, who knows, maybe Guns N’ Roses are done, so Axl discussing his version of things might not have any impact on the band’s future.

I think nowadays a podcast or series would be way more interesting than an autobiography. Even if it's just a one-off, let him rant for 6 hours without editors or handlers while Joe Rogan occasionally says "dude that's crazy" :lol:

A longer version of the Eddie Trunk radio appearance, especially at this stage of his career, could be more interesting than a book imo. That kind of format would be a better fit for Axl to do something autobiographic, revealing, or at least in-depth explanations from his side of the bands history.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think nowadays a podcast or series would be way more interesting than an autobiography. Even if it's just a one-off, let him rant for 6 hours without editors or handlers while Joe Rogan occasionally says "dude that's crazy" :lol:

A longer version of the Eddie Trunk radio appearance, especially at this stage of his career, could be more interesting than a book imo. That kind of format would be a better fit for Axl to do something autobiographic, revealing, or at least in-depth explanations from his side of the bands history.

Only problem is that there's no edit after maybe rethinking what you said. With a book there's a lot more room to maneuver. Also with the book he'd likely end up doing some long form interviews to promote it... So kinda best of both worlds.

I agree though, I want to hear someone like Eddie trunk, strombo, Q tv interview him. I'd also like to hear Rogan or Stern have him on too, but I don't think they'd ask the detailed questions the others might. Any long interview would be amazing though, get beyond "are you excited about the gig today night, anything to day to your SA audience".

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Only problem is that there's no edit after maybe rethinking what you said. With a book there's a lot more room to maneuver. Also with the book he'd likely end up doing some long form interviews to promote it... So kinda best of both worlds.

I agree though, I want to hear someone like Eddie trunk, strombo, Q tv interview him. I'd also like to hear Rogan or Stern have him on too, but I don't think they'd ask the detailed questions the others might. Any long interview would be amazing though, get beyond "are you excited about the gig today night, anything to day to your SA audience".

I'll take what I can get. If it's a book I don't expect anything, especially not long interviews, from a guy who hasn't really done any promo for a couple decades...

Not being able to edit what he says isn't a problem, if anything that's how you'd get additional content - a twitter rant or a short interview to clarify some things. Let him rant for 10 hours and condense it into an audiobook, it's basically the same format.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think last the last thing you should do is give Axl time to rethink or “room to manoeuvre” if you want him something to release 😅

• Haha 3