Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be
But it's been such a long time
Since I knew right from wrong
It's all the means to and end and
I keep it moving along

One In A Million is the only GN'R song that I wish it had only one verse - this one.

One In A Million is a great song, I wish they played it live. 

Maybe I should sing it at bars to try to drum up some support for it. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I did witness One In A Million coming on randomly on one of those internet linked jukeboxes in a bar once. 

I told my friend to "wait for it" as she'd never heard the song before.....sure enough, people were kicking off, going to the bartender complaining, asking for it to be turned off. He was really apologetic and just turned the jukebox off. 

Gave me a laugh! 

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

56 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I did witness One In A Million coming on randomly on one of those internet linked jukeboxes in a bar once. 

I told my friend to "wait for it" as she'd never heard the song before.....sure enough, people were kicking off, going to the bartender complaining, asking for it to be turned off. He was really apologetic and just turned the jukebox off. 

Gave me a laugh! 

And then you woke up?

• Haha 2

On 7/8/2024 at 10:08 PM, ©GnrPersia said:

I guess Axl is unaware of the existence of his own website.

Not certain about that, but he definitely won't be doing any updating himself. It's hilarious that that thought even exists for anyone.

Picture it: Axl sat there with a laptop and a WordPress tab open 😂 Not a chance.

12 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Not certain about that, but he definitely won't be doing any updating himself. It's hilarious that that thought even exists for anyone.

Picture it: Axl sat there with a laptop and a WordPress tab open 😂 Not a chance.

Certainly, he's more of a css guy

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2024 at 1:37 AM, themadcaplaughs said:

Also, why are you bringing up Oasis? I do not claim to know much about them (I think they are one of the most wildly overhyped bands of all time), but to my knowldge, they were never in a situation where they were releasing music or touring without one of their two most famous members.

I know that's a tangent, but I would like to point out that in 2000 Oasis toured for a couple of months (23 shows) without Noel Gallagher.

It's funny because Oasis just announced a reunion. It's not exactly clear who'll be in the band — probably latter days members and maybe Bonehead — but you have fans saying that it's not a proper reunion if it's not the original line up. Sounds familiar.

Edited by Chuzeville
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chuzeville said:

but you have fans saying that it's not a proper reunion if it's not the original line up. Sounds familiar

The difference is Guns N' Roses never once called it a reunion (because it wasn't). They went out of their way to call it a "regrouping" of three people.

The people who called it a reunion and then were disappointed deserve to be disappointed – they brought it on themselves

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 6:50 AM, allwaystired said:

Gave me a laugh! 

That is funny. The bartender should have told everyone the singer was black, then it wouldn't have been a problem. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 12:50 PM, allwaystired said:

Gave me a laugh! 

That's a reverse "dancing in the hallways" :lol:

On 8/29/2024 at 8:57 AM, Chuzeville said:

I know that's a tangent, but I would like to point out that in 2000 toured for a couple of months (23 shows) without Noel Gallagher.

It's funny because Oasis just announced a reunion. It's not exactly clear who'll be in the band — probably latter days members and maybe Bonehead — but you have fans saying that it's not a proper reunion if it's not the original line up. Sounds familiar.

Correct. Noel has walked off a couple of tours, but never left the band formally AFAIK until 2009. I've got my tickets! Were you lucky enough?

There's a huge overlap in the GNR & Oasis reunion IMO. The Oasis reunion is pretty much HFB & Bonehead from what I understand. Liam, Noel, Bonehead and Gem is pretty much Axl, Slash, Duff & Richard, to my mind. Oasis even had their own Steve in Tony McCarrol - a drummer with awesome groove but perhaps not the technical aptitude (sorry if that offends any drummers - I'm a guitarist so pretty ignorant of drumming skills). 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2024 at 5:48 PM, DoMw94 said:

The difference is Guns N' Roses never once called it a reunion (because it wasn't). They went out of their way to call it a "regrouping" of three people.

The people who called it a reunion and then were disappointed deserve to be disappointed – they brought it on themselves

Agreed. Also, in a band with revolving members, a reunion is subjective to a degree, isn't it? I think most would have considered Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy & Matt a 'proper' reunion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, invisible_rose said:

Agreed. Also, in a band with revolving members, a reunion is subjective to a degree, isn't it? I think most would have considered Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy & Matt a 'proper' reunion.

Exactly. Every album has had a different band on it (which is crazy if you think about it and testament to Appetite's quality). There were two open spots, and they were filled with two guys who just happened to be in the band before. That's all there is to it