What will be the next boxset?

Just now, Karice said:

And Cornshucker as the "Bonus hidden track." 😜

Is that your favourite GN'R ballad 😁

Seeing as they left One In A Million off the Appetite/Lies boxset it's a pity they left Cornshucker off. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AxlRQ93 said:

this point all I want is a box set of live shows (video). Some 88 shows, some other 91 shows, Paris 92, some 93 shows. All remastered 

Everything you listed plus a Blu Ray from the Gilby era.

A live CD and Blu Ray from the current band is way overdue too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Everything you listed plus a Blu Ray from the Gilby era.

A live CD and Blu Ray from the current band is way overdue too.

The uyi era documentary they filmed on tour is even more way overdue.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Seeing as they left One In A Million off the Appetite/Lies boxset it's a pity they left Cornshucker off. 

Axl's such a romantic in Cornshucker, isn't he? 😜

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

Are there disappointing sales numbers listed somewhere?

There were three versions of the UYI reissue (uyi1 deluxe, uyi2 deluxe, and UYI super deluxe) and all of them failed to make it onto the billboard 200.

In contrast, the different versions of the AFD reissue were enough to get AFD all the way back to #10 on the billboard 200 in 2018.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Axl's such a romantic in Cornshucker, isn't he? 😜

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think the ship has sailed on any of the UYI documentary footage seeing the light of day. Robert John sold his recordings (including the 1989 rehearsals) to a private collector, and Axl seems to have zero interest in revisiting that period.

They could do plenty of live releases (we know they have at least 3-4 more shows fully remastered that weren't included in the UYI box - Rio, London and Paris) but I doubt they'll even bother with those. If Axl could get over whatever issues he has with Marc Canter, they could release an absolute goldmine of early shows, but again he doesn't seem interested.

Robert John's footage is separate from the UYI footage (the so called "Perfect Crime" doc) that was filmed by a crew hired by GN'R. I think GN'R's UYI footage will see the light of the day at some point, probably after GN'R/Axl retires from touring.

They have a couple other gems they could release, like The Cathouse 1989 and the Pete Makowski footage from the Marquee (Slash has said that he has it).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

I still think a modern Live Era, focusing mostly on 2016 but with highlights from other years like Bad Obsession and Wichita that highlight Axl's older voice, would be the perfect item for this band to release right now. They're still fixated on the old music - they need to prove they still have it with a good mix, a few good videos to go along with it, and good promotion.

A remaster of TSI is probably coming eventually. It won't have the whole box set outfit, but they'll reprint it in 180 gram vinyl, add a couple bonus tracks, and have Duff tell some stories in the liner notes.

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

This.

There have only been 3 iconic reunions in music history. Zeppelin, Floyd and Guns.
Shame we will never get to see that Troubadour show. 

Didn't SCOM get leaked because the production company didn't get paid and Axl sounded like shit?

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

This.

There have only been 3 iconic reunions in music history. Zeppelin, Floyd and Guns.

Well there is some footage, so there could be more, who knows. Maybe it could suffice for a nice bootleg, never say never. But it's not very likely. 

4 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Which is a shame, One In A Million is an excellent song. 

Maybe they could update that line to "police and African Americans, get out of my way" 

3 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

This.

Never say never. There was a time that Fans thought that Axl, Duff, and Slash would NEVER share a stage again, and look what happened, in a good way. 😀😏😉🤭

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Which is a shame, One In A Million is an excellent song. 

Maybe they could update that line to "police and African Americans, get out of my way" 

If the lyrics were changed to African Americans, it would STILL come across as racist. The line should be changed to something universal and non offensive, like,""Idiots, get out of my way." 💡🤔

4 hours ago, bmus1 said:

I still think a modern Live Era, focusing mostly on 2016 but with highlights from other years like Bad Obsession and Wichita that highlight Axl's older voice, would be the perfect item for this band to release right now. They're still fixated on the old music - they need to prove they still have it with a good mix, a few good videos to go along with it, and good promotion.

A remaster of TSI is probably coming eventually. It won't have the whole box set outfit, but they'll reprint it in 180 gram vinyl, add a couple bonus tracks, and have Duff tell some stories in the liner notes.

Didn't SCOM get leaked because the production company didn't get paid and Axl sounded like shit?

I wouldn’t say that he sounded like shit, but yes, it’s floating out there if you know where to look. 

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Well there is some footage, so there could be more, who knows. Maybe it could suffice for a nice bootleg, never say never. But it's not very likely. 

It’s never gonna happen. It would have happened already, which was the original plan but… We all know what happens when it comes to this band and actually planning to do something. 100% of the issues are directly related to the bands “management”

Not a boxset but maybe a TSI reissue/remaster or whatever with a couple of bonus tracks maybe. 

I can’t recall at the moment but was there anything left off TSI besides the studio Godfather?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Not a boxset but maybe a TSI reissue/remaster or whatever with a couple of bonus tracks maybe. 

I can’t recall at the moment but was there anything left off TSI besides the studio Godfather?

Beer And A Cigarette 

“We're talking about doing a Hanoi Rocks tune...” SLASH Guitar World Magazine February 1992. 

A Hanoi Rocks song recorded for The Spaghetti Incident album, removed so as to deny royalties to Andy  McCoy because they felt he was too much of a “Prick” to deserve the royalty money. Andy McCoy has  accused the band of plagiarism and that the song Paradise City is made of riffs taken from several Hanoi  Rocks songs. He believes the chorus is a slowed down version of a riff from Lost In The City. 

In 1994 Slash had this to say in Kerrang... 

“We did a Hanoi Rocks tune but we decided not to put it on the album because we didn't wanna give Andy  McCoy ( former Hanoi guitarist ) the money! McCoy's an asshole! The basic track was done but we never did any vocals for it.” ( Slash Kerrang NO.485 March 12, 1994 ) 

Down On The Street 

A cover of an Iggy song that was intended for the Spaghetti Incident. Slash had this to say in 1994 

“We recorded a basic track on Iggy's Down On The Street. But we didn't finish that either, we stuck with  Raw Power it just sounded cooler. Iggy knew we were doing the Stooge's tun. I talk to Iggy all the time  anyway, he's a good friend. He was happy that we were doing anything in the first place, so that was  cool”( Slash Kerrang NO. 485 March 12 1994 )  

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

There were three versions of the UYI reissue (uyi1 deluxe, uyi2 deluxe, and UYI super deluxe) and all of them failed to make it onto the billboard 200.

In contrast, the different versions of the AFD reissue were enough to get AFD all the way back to #10 on the billboard 200 in 2018.

And this week back to #10  on the Billboard 200 WTTJ and SCOM too. It is weird.

• Like 1

People aren't serious that GnR would boxset or reissue an underwhelming covers album are they!? There's scraping the barrel then there is this. 

The only logical boxset now would be CD because we have so little of those initial songs. There talks of 80 instrumental demos, appetite completely re recorded. 32 finished songs with vocals, an entire remix album of possibly 12-15 more, plus buckethead versions, ashba versions, bumble versions etc. It's probably the only album GnR have that is worthy of a boxset, they could literally give us 15 discs and still being leaving things off of it.

We already had everything from the appetite and illusion era. There was nothing there really. OK you can argue the live cds, but even they were floating about. I didn't even mention the live shows, they could throw in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2016 shows. That would be a goldmine. that would be worth the £800 or whatever the hell rip off they charge. No one paid that for the illusions, coz it was literally just the illusions albums remastered. it was a sham. Surely it is CD boxset or bust. 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Karice said:

If the lyrics were changed to African Americans, it would STILL come across as racist. The line should be changed to something universal and non offensive, like,""Idiots, get out of my way." 💡🤔

Certainly, though I feel the original lyrics are appropriate from an artistic standpoint, and a realism standpoint. (Obviously, far from politically correct) I believe art in all forms shouldn't be subject to political scrutiny, with very few exceptions. (For example, media with illegal content) 

I can relate to that line as well, from personal experiences... so it resonates. 

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

The only logical boxset now would be CD because we have so little of those initial songs. There talks of 80 instrumental demos, appetite completely re recorded. 32 finished songs with vocals, an entire remix album of possibly 12-15 more, plus buckethead versions, ashba versions, bumble versions etc. It's probably the only album GnR have that is worthy of a boxset, they could literally give us 15 discs and still being leaving things off of it.

I'd pay good money for unreleased Buckethead CD content. Official, or otherwise. ;) 

3 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Beer And A Cigarette 

“We're talking about doing a Hanoi Rocks tune...” SLASH Guitar World Magazine February 1992. 

A Hanoi Rocks song recorded for The Spaghetti Incident album, removed so as to deny royalties to Andy  McCoy because they felt he was too much of a “Prick” to deserve the royalty money. Andy McCoy has  accused the band of plagiarism and that the song Paradise City is made of riffs taken from several Hanoi  Rocks songs. He believes the chorus is a slowed down version of a riff from Lost In The City. 

In 1994 Slash had this to say in Kerrang... 

“We did a Hanoi Rocks tune but we decided not to put it on the album because we didn't wanna give Andy  McCoy ( former Hanoi guitarist ) the money! McCoy's an asshole! The basic track was done but we never did any vocals for it.” ( Slash Kerrang NO.485 March 12, 1994 ) 

Down On The Street 

A cover of an Iggy song that was intended for the Spaghetti Incident. Slash had this to say in 1994 

“We recorded a basic track on Iggy's Down On The Street. But we didn't finish that either, we stuck with  Raw Power it just sounded cooler. Iggy knew we were doing the Stooge's tun. I talk to Iggy all the time  anyway, he's a good friend. He was happy that we were doing anything in the first place, so that was  cool”( Slash Kerrang NO. 485 March 12 1994 )  

didnt skid row recorded the song malibu nightmare and it was the same? for the bsides ourselves ep

• Confused 1