Slash on Jimmy Kimmel

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Wasn't Slash performing in Jimmy Kimmel the last two nights and again tonight? Where are all the vids?

I've just been watching the full show on Hulu (skipping through to the parts where he plays or interacts with the guests). He's mostly just playing during breaks.

Here's one interaction with him, around 0:40:

Here's another from last night:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Damn I thought he will perform some of the new songs instead of just bring part of the house band

It did say he would be performing his song with the house band.  Maybe tonight they will show a whole song or two. 

• Like 1

It was more exciting when Axl was there with Bumblefoot in the band, even though he only asked softball questions, as expected. 

I miss the times when he and Adam Carolla hosted The Man Show. Now, both he and Jimmy Kimmel are polar opposites. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, guitar1281 said:

Sweersa, I had no idea you like the Nu-GNR era. You've failed to mention that before!

The main issue I have with the Jimmy Kimmel / Axl Rose interview, is that Buckethead was not there. :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's a bit cringe with Slash on there - it's all like we went to the same school with Lenny Kravitz/we go to the same gym/our kids go to the same school. I didn't know that Slash was a rich kid who hung out with celebs. How come he ended up meeting Axl/Izzy who were poor guys trying to make a living? 

• Confused 2

36 minutes ago, siraddam said:

It's a bit cringe with Slash on there - it's all like we went to the same school with Lenny Kravitz/we go to the same gym/our kids go to the same school. I didn't know that Slash was a rich kid who hung out with celebs. How come he ended up meeting Axl/Izzy who were poor guys trying to make a living? 

Well, back then none of them were celebs, it just happened they had similar age and went to the same school. Their kids have to go to school as well regardless of the status of their parents.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Slash’s mom designed costumes for David Bowie (and even dated him at one point) and knew David Geffen (though apparently Geffen didn’t know that Slash was Ola’s son until after AFD came out). I think slash’s dad also designed album covers for bands or something. I have no problem with nepo babies, tho, as long as they prove they have talent of their own (and slash certainly did).

Yes, Anthony Husdon designed album covers for Joni Mitchell for example.

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, siraddam said:

liva bit cringe with Slash on there - it's all like we went to the same school with Lenny Kravitz/we go to the same gym/our kids go to the same school. I didn't know that Slash was a rich kid who hung out with celebs. How come he ended up meeting Axl/Izzy who were poor guys trying to make a livinglivin

The same question for Izzy. When and where did he meet Nikki Sixx? In one of the chapters of the book The Dirt, Nikki Sixx talks about his grand parties, Izzy's name is mentioned among the party guests. Judging by the details, we are talking about the composition of GNR with Tracii Guns. So, how did Izzy get to know these guys, one of whom was the bassist of an already famous band at that time and the other from a very bohemian family?

Posted (edited)

I grew up in a 1.5m city (Belgrade) and I knew kids of a lot of rich people growing up. The financial situation didn't matter up to 18-20 when they got to spend money and friend circles would break up due to some not being able to keep up.

I assume it's similar there

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Lenny, Slash, and Kimmel grew up in families that were deeply embedded in the entertainment industry, so they grew up with other kids who also had parents in the industry. 

When Slash decided he wanted to be a musician, he hung out in places where other musicians were. That's how he met Axl and Izzy. It wasn't really about the money when it comes to musical talent.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, lunastar said:

The same question for Izzy. When and where did he meet Nikki Sixx? In one of the chapters of the book The Dirt, Nikki Sixx talks about his grand parties, Izzy's name is mentioned among the party guests. Judging by the details, we are talking about the composition of GNR with Tracii Guns. So, how did Izzy get to know these guys, one of whom was the bassist of an already famous band at that time and the other from a very bohemian family?

izzy and nikki sixx played in London (band)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

And then Duff and Slash visited Axl/DC in London (city)

GN'R's first European show ever was in London. KOHD was debuted at that show too (didn't have 25 minutes like now).