When GN'R songs were made

• SoulMonster changed the title to When GN'R songs were made
2 hours ago, EvanG said:

You have a lot of free time, huh?

This is actually important work and it's original. It gives a lot of important insights into GNR own work practices and has actually changed my own understanding of GNR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, axl666 said:

This is actually important work and it's original. It gives a lot of important insights into GNR own work practices and has actually changed my own understanding of GNR.

What does that have to do with my question?

45 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

seeds for welcome to the jungle wre planted in 1979! wow I didn't know..

can someone please tell me more?

If comes down to who you believe. Duff claims he came up with the main riff and that it is featured on one of his own band's releases from 1979 (Veins with The Fake... You can find it on YouTube). Slash disagrees and would say it was him (assumingly much later). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Where does the If The World info come from?

That one is fairly straightforward. It was witten by Pitman who joined the band in 98/99 and a "finished" version existed in 2000 (Locker leaks). The only assumption here is that Pitman didn't write the song prior to joining the band. 

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That one is fairly straightforward. It was witten by Pitman who joined the band in 98/99 and a "finished" version existed in 2000 (Locker leaks). The only assumption here is that Pitman didn't write the song prior to joining the band. 

Oops - I misread the chart lol. I'm actually wondering about Absurd's roots in '93.

3 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Oops - I misread the chart lol. I'm actually wondering about Absurd's roots in '93.

Good question. The music was witten by Pitman and Dizzy, so earliest in 1998. Parts of the lyrics were inspired by a Howard Stern show in 1993. That doesn't mean Axl actually wrote those lyrics back then, though, but I would say it is not unlikely that he jotted down those lyrics around that time. Or maybe much later and he just remembered the Stern show. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

If comes down to who you believe. Duff claims he came up with the main riff and that it is featured on one of his own band's releases from 1979 (Veins with The Fake... You can find it on YouTube). Slash disagrees and would say it was him (assumingly much later). 

Wow!! 1979 they was three baby's!

• Like 1

The chord progression in The Fake is the same as the chord progression in the main riff of Jungle, so Duff is probably right, but Jungle has many riffs, and they were probably written by Slash.

33 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Последовательность аккордов в The Fake такая же, как последовательность аккордов в основном риффе Jungle, так что Дафф, вероятно, прав, но в Jungle много риффов, и они, вероятно, были написаны Слэшем.

Structure, mood, tempo and rhythm, all again from Hanoi rocks Beer and Cigarette

From the Duff band song, I can hear  Sweet's Ballroom blitz in places. I sincerely try to hear WTTJ, but nothing works

9 hours ago, lunastar said:

Structure, mood, tempo and rhythm, all again from Hanoi rocks Beer and Cigarette

From the Duff band song, I can hear  Sweet's Ballroom blitz in places. I sincerely try to hear WTTJ, but nothing works

It's not exactly the most original riff, I'm sure you can find many songs with a similar rhythm.
When I listen to The Fake I wouldn't immediately recognize the Jungle riff either because it's played faster and in a different way, but the note progression is more or less the same, so I'm sure what Duff says makes sense, and Slash transforming it into a more slow hardrock riff.

23 hours ago, DeNfr said:

it's obvious he's doing that at work :bitchfight:

On another Website, Posters questioned why I had so much time to post on that Website and questioned why I wasn't busy WORKING as a grown Adult. I mentioned that I was posting before work, on my commute to and from work, on my lunch break, and after work using my cellphone. 💡

On 5/31/2024 at 2:20 PM, Karice said:

On another Website, Posters questioned why I had so much time to post on that Website and questioned why I wasn't busy WORKING as a grown Adult. I mentioned that I was posting before work, on my commute to and from work, on my lunch break, and after work using my cellphone. 💡

you forgot to tell them when you sleep :bitchfight:

7 hours ago, DeNfr said:

you forgot to tell them when you sleep :bitchfight:

I do often post when I am battling insomnia and my insomnia induced posts come across as weird.  🤣🤭😵‍💫

• Haha 1