Guns N' Roses to return to the road in 2025

2 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Wonder what 'nando's theme will be this time. Maybe something around the 40th anniversary of the band? 

The merchandise theme these days seems to be 'how bad is the worst bootleg? Let's see if we can make it slightly worse' so I imagine it will continue down that route. 

Seriously, have you seen some of the stuff they email out about? Just so awful. 

9 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

OMG would be wild. IIRC that was one of the Huge songs that Slash refused to work on back in '96. However, I've come to appreciate it and it actually has a pretty nasty riff that I'd like to hear Slash play.

SOG... the verses are just fucking EMBARRASSING. They sound like one of those Youtubers who mock Axl's pitchyness. IDK what anyone sees in that song except an okay chorus.

That's what I think was "sketch" part of the last comment. I don't view those vocals as the final take because obviously they were unfinished, there's definitely parts that he was just riffing and it almost sounded like one take.

For me it has a great baseline, groove and the way the song builds is probably the coolest thing I've heard from GNR. That song could be great very easily. New vocal,  new guitars. 

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The verses are okay. The chosen vocal style might not be to everyone's liking but I don't think it is pitchy. But the chorus is astonishing. Including the intro to the chorus. So much anger, so much power, so much emotion. Among the best vocals ever recorded by Axl. I can't wait for a final version. 

I like verses, it's the pre chorus "ohs" that are a bit naf

Another new interview (in French, conducted when SMKC played in France in late April):

https://www.a-4-d.com/t8530-2024-06-01-le-parisien-guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-releases-solo-album-my-grandmother-introduced-me-to-the-blues

What's new with Guns N' Roses?

The band will probably do something in 2025. When I finish my blues tour, I'll start work on an album with the Conspirators, and then I'll focus on Guns N' Roses. We'll see what comes out of that...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Dummy said:

Why does everyone always say that atlas is definitely next. I've never heard any evidence for atlas being next other than that it is very likely because it leaked.

Imo it's just as likely that zodiac is released next.

Because of what we know (and that's all we can go on) it is one of the fuller full vocal tracks we have left to get and if sources (Bumblefoot etc) are to be believed, Axl is fond of the track and it very very nearly made Chinese, removed at the 11th hour. So whatever we have heard, it's likely to be much more finished version on release and with a longer guitar solo. B said it was cut for CD length reasons ...so it could be 7, 8 minutes long....he said he played on it, which obviously isn't in the 2000/01 demo we have ....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dummy said:

I get that but we never heard the vocals and the instrumental of the general before the release.

We thought we heard it but it turned out to be soul monster.

I think there are certainly more instrumentals and vocals that we've never heard about.

The odds are favourable, surely....

We've just been beaten into being a tres tres cynical bunch! Understandably 

13 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Man, why can't they just release it immediately? Somebody get Axl in there to light a fire under their lazy asses.

Because he'll want to tour it, and there clearly won't be any available time for that if it comes out right away

16 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

there seems to be ZERO communication between the different parties of this band. Fernando probably booked shows without letting him know. Just making assumptions, but seems pretty obvious to me.

But Slash & Duff are equal partners right??? They're calling the shots too right??? Isn't that what everybody here likes to claim? That they're not just employees? 

Also, Slash hasn't talked about the single releases for a while now, which makes me think I was correct about his being very accurate when he said "another 1 or 2 and then another 1 or 2" in regards to remaining songs to be released from ChiDem that he worked on. As things stand now, going by Slash, we have the possibility of getting 0-2 more ChiDem era songs. 

14 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

OMG would be wild. IIRC that was one of the Huge songs that Slash refused to work on back in '96. However, I've come to appreciate it and it actually has a pretty nasty riff that I'd like to hear Slash play.

SOG... the verses are just fucking EMBARRASSING. They sound like one of those Youtubers who mock Axl's pitchyness. IDK what anyone sees in that song except an okay chorus.

I love the verses to State of Grace. The vocal delivery and the lyrics. Axls best industrial take imo. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1

34 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

But Slash & Duff are equal partners right??? They're calling the shots too right??? Isn't that what everybody here likes to claim? That they're not just employees? 

If the old partnership agreement is valid then they haven't been fully equal partners since 1992. Already back then Axl had more rights than Slash and Duff. But of course a new agreement might have been put in place (although Slash has stated that hasn't happened).

More about the partnership agreement here: (36) 15. MAY-DECEMBER 1992: TOURING AND FEUDS - Page 2 (a-4-d.com)

43 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

They can't make Axl record and write music, and they can't use the name. They are partners in the business and have their say unlike Richard, Dizzy, Melissa etc. but they can only do so much.

My feeling is that they (Slash and Duff) are just not arsed putting the effort into making it happen with Axl as they know it's going to be hard work motivating him, and I just think with that kind of lax approach I just don't think there's the necessary fire to make music and even if they do, how good can the music be when you're that uninspired. End of the day if you want to make and release music you do it, and there's not half of the difficulty gnr claim there is. They need to come to terms with the fact that records come and go in a week, maybe less if the records shit but you do it 1. To be creative 2. Give something to your fans 3. Shut people up complaining you're resting on your back catalogue. The last thing you do it for now is money, and that's obviously a sticking point for them.

24 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Если старое партнерское соглашение действует, то они не были полностью равноправными партнерами с 1992 года. Уже тогда у Эксла было больше прав, чем у Слэша и Даффа. Но, конечно, можно было бы заключить новое соглашение (хотя Слэш заявил, что этого не произошло).

Подробнее о партнерском соглашении здесь:  (36) 15. МАЙ-ДЕКАБРЬ 1992 ГОДА: ГАСТРОНЫ И ВРАЖИ - Страница 2 (a-4-d.com)

Just an opinion. We don't really know anything about the nature of Axl Slash/Duff's relationship. Everything is clear about business, they go on tour together, make a profit and share it according to agreements. But we don't know what their relationship is on a personal level. There used to be a marketing shroud, the press, interviews, biographical books, now nothing, silence. It seems that somewhere in the 90s, Slash told in his interviews that after Izzy left, his connection with Axl became stronger. We don't hear anything like that from Slash today, and neither do we hear from Duff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lunastar said:

Just an opinion. We don't really know anything about the nature of Axl Slash/Duff's relationship. Everything is clear about business, they go on tour together, make a profit and share it according to agreements. But we don't know what their relationship is on a personal level. There used to be a marketing shroud, the press, interviews, biographical books, now nothing, silence. It seems that somewhere in the 90s, Slash told in his interviews that after Izzy left, his connection with Axl became stronger. We don't hear anything like that from Slash today, and neither do we hear from Duff.

Yes, we don't know much about the personal relantionships. I was talking about the legal relantionship. And legal agreements that feel unfair can damage personal relantionships. They haven't said much about it, but Axl's control of GN'R back in the 90s, legally supported by the partnership agreement, caused interpersonal fiction and helped push and Duff and Slash out of the band. If, as Slash has stated, that no new agreements have been signed, they probably operate after the 1992 agreement which means Slash and Duff have accepted this is "Axl's band". 

Edited by SoulMonster

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

They can't make Axl record and write music, and they can't use the name. They are partners in the business and have their say unlike Richard, Dizzy, Melissa etc. but they can only do so much.

My feeling is that they (Slash and Duff) are just not arsed putting the effort into making it happen with Axl as they know it's going to be hard work motivating him, and I just think with that kind of lax approach I just don't think there's the necessary fire to make music and even if they do, how good can the music be when you're that uninspired. End of the day if you want to make and release music you do it, and there's not half of the difficulty gnr claim there is. They need to come to terms with the fact that records come and go in a week, maybe less if the records shit but you do it 1. To be creative 2. Give something to your fans 3. Shut people up complaining you're resting on your back catalogue. The last thing you do it for now is money, and that's obviously a sticking point for them.

I'm not talking about music. I'm talking about how apparently the band has planned a tour but the equal partner has no idea what's going on ....

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm not talking about music. I'm talking about how apparently the band has planned a tour but the equal partner has no idea what's going on ....

You really need to understand how business works. You can be partners in a business WITHOUT being EQUAL in a business. That doesn't mean that others are employees. I used my employer Bloomberg LP the last time you brought this up. There are several partners in Bloomberg LP. Mike Bloomberg has the most equity in the business. The others have equity, but not as much as Mike Bloomberg. Since Mike has the most, he's the ultimate decision maker in the company. 

Another example is a college friend of mine. He was second in charge of  an accounting firm. The firm was acquired. He's now a partner in the company that acquired his firm. He isn't the ultimate decision maker since he does not have the most equity in the business. He's also not just an employee. He's one of the executives. 

2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

You really need to understand how business works. You can be partners in a business WITHOUT being EQUAL in a business. That doesn't mean that others are employees. I used my employer Bloomberg LP the last time you brought this up. There are several partners in Bloomberg LP. Mike Bloomberg has the most equity in the business. The others have equity, but not as much as Mike Bloomberg. Since Mike has the most, he's the ultimate decision maker in the company. 

Another example is a college friend of mine. He was second in charge of  an accounting firm. The firm was acquired. He's now a partner in the company that acquired his firm. He isn't the ultimate decision maker since he does not have the most equity in the business. He's also not just an employee. He's one of the executives. 

Ok ... But the arguments people here make are that they are EQUAL PARTNERS 

21 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I have already commented on your use of "equal partner". Simply put, there is no reason to believe they are. 

As for whether Slash is involved in planning dates for tours, I am sure he is 🙂

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Ok ... But the arguments people here make are that they are EQUAL PARTNERS 

Honestly, I don't think anyone has ever made that argument since no one knows  the percentage of ownership. What I have seen from you and  a few others are that Slash and Duff are employees. They are most definitely NOT employees.  They are partners in the Guns N' Roses business along with related entities of GNR.  Additionally, there was a business filing in California stating that the three of them are partners. The percentage of that partnership is something we don't know because GNR is a private company.  They don't have to disclose the percentage of the partnership. 

• Like 2