Guns N' Roses to return to the road in 2025

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I guess the question would be, do duff and slash have the power to say 'no'. When Axl or TB decide its time to tour, and start booking dates, would slash say no and it be accepted? I think it's different Axl saying 'what do you think of this slash?' and slash going along with it, but would he say 'no axl you are wrong we are not doing that' - i dont think he would, so really any power or control he has is for show. 

Does TB even book the tours?

They're listed by ITB as one of their artists (as is Duff), with Rod MacSween listed as their agent and Karen Fossey also listed.

https://www.itb.co.uk/artists-page

Team Brazil is not listed.

Also, none of this is new or a recent change. I've pointed it out before.

I think TB's influence on the touring side of the business is wildly overstated on this forum.

Logic dictates that they look after Axl's affairs and lesser things like website/social media and immediate staff, but the band as a business entity has established industry management.

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

2006 shirt… you disappoint Bucket :lol:

I do have a few of those I bust out from time to time! My favorite one is the silver star with the bullet holes in it. 2001-2006 really had the best Guns logos, IMO. I think the CD-era logo SUCKS. Never liked it. Never liked the bike cover either. Wish that was Cover B or C instead. The grenade and red hand are many times cooler. They would certainly get my attention seeing a display with those at the store vs the boring bike. 

Goes along with the age old feeling of the album should have dropped pre Bumblefoot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

They're listed by ITB as one of their artists (as is Duff), with Rod MacSween listed as their agent and Karen Fossey also listed.

I think TB's influence on the touring side of the business is wildly overstated on this forum.

Logic dictates that they look after Axl's affairs and lesser things like website/social media and immediate staff, but the band as a business entity has established industry management.

Good point. The booking agency work (especially routing something as epic and ongoing as NITLT) is likely handled logistically by industry professionals.
Even their social media is managed. 

Of course those are the only areas to make real money in, and unfortunately not new music. 

On 6/10/2024 at 11:39 AM, JimiRose said:

I guess the question would be, do duff and slash have the power to say 'no'. When Axl or TB decide its time to tour, and start booking dates, would slash say no and it be accepted? I think it's different Axl saying 'what do you think of this slash?' and slash going along with it, but would he say 'no axl you are wrong we are not doing that' - i dont think he would, so really any power or control he has is for show. 

I don’t know why you bring TB in this topic. TB are Axl’s management. Slash has its own and Duff has its own management.

If there’s an dispute Slash’s gonna deal with Axl directly. TB has nothing to say to Slash or Duff and they are surely not placed over them in terms of buisness

20 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Well since touring works pretty much like clockwork and maybe the only thing that does...figures

21 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don’t know why you bring TB in this topic. TB are Axl’s management. Slash has its own and Duff has its own management.

If there’s an dispute Slash’s gonna deal with Axl directly. TB has nothing to say to Slash or Duff and they are surely not placed over them in terms of buisness

TB seem to be the only management that are constantly on the tours at every event etc. Duff an Slash have their own individual management but TB still 'manage' as loosely as i can possibly say that word, GnR and Axl. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

TB seem to be the only management that are constantly on the tours at every event etc. Duff an Slash have their own individual management but TB still 'manage' as loosely as i can possibly say that word, GnR and Axl. 

They do what they do in regard to Axl but I doubt they have a say over Slash or Duff. Basically they have nothing to say at all. They do things for Axl. Those things Axl doesn’t want to do. + they are allowed to milk the cow with toy trucks and baby books. 

That’s what I think at least.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Я не знаю, почему вы упомянули туберкулез в этой теме. TB – это менеджмент Эксла. У Слэша свой, а у Даффа свой менеджмент.

Если возникнет спор, Слэш разберется напрямую с Экслом. ТБ нечего сказать Слэшу или Даффу, и они, конечно, не ставят их выше с точки зрения бизнеса.

I can be subjective, but I came across shorts on YouTube, there was a fragment of Slash's solo and Beta was sitting on her chair at the edge of the stage and watching him playing. She gave Slash such a stern, indignant look from the hostess of this scene. We all understand that Beta is not a sweet kind aunt, but a grasping predator who brainwashes Axl in all directions day after day. I think her main task is not to let Axl have a close attachment with anyone, otherwise she will lose control over him. The usual intrigues, slander, etc. Therefore, there is no personal relationship, and Slash will not deal directly with Axl, he will not be given such an opportunity, I think no one has direct access to Axl, and if there is no relationship, then there is no band. Yes, there is tour management and so on, but Beta has power over Axl's mind.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lunastar said:

I can be subjective, but I came across shorts on YouTube, there was a fragment of Slash's solo and Beta was sitting on her chair at the edge of the stage and watching him playing. She gave Slash such a stern, indignant look from the hostess of this scene. We all understand that Beta is not a sweet kind aunt, but a grasping predator who brainwashes Axl in all directions day after day. I think her main task is not to let Axl have a close attachment with anyone, otherwise she will lose control over him. The usual intrigues, slander, etc. Therefore, there is no personal relationship, and Slash will not deal directly with Axl, he will not be given such an opportunity, I think no one has direct access to Axl, and if there is no relationship, then there is no band. Yes, there is tour management and so on, but Beta has power over Axl's mind.

I don’t believe that. No other management managed Axl or the band that long. Not because they make a good job or because of their power. But because they do what Axl wants. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2024 at 10:03 AM, lunastar said:

There's been evidence of both Beta and Fernando clearly liking Slash, whether it's interactions on social media, cross promotion, or comments made by Fernando on Reddit. I can't remember specifics right now, but they're out there.

What on earth is this deluded 'brainwashed' fantasy? 😂 It's ridiculous.

Remember when Axl asked TB to get Slash's number? If they were what you think they are, they wouldn't have connected the two.

This fanbase, seriously... 🙄

Edited by DoMw94

On 6/10/2024 at 10:45 PM, DoMw94 said:

Management generally co-ordinate with all of the above and then act as the go between artist and all the others.

But I agree with most of this, they aren't doing all the work without some serious help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Management generally co-ordinate with all of the above and then act as the go between artist and all the others.

But I agree with most of this, they aren't doing all the work without some serious help.

I'm guessing it's like a football/soccer team. TB's the head coach, but there's a director of football and chief executive behind the scenes making the bigger decisions and calling the shots where it matters.

TB, I reckon, is overseeing things on the road, looking after payroll of the band's staff, organising things day-to-day, and providing their opinion, but when it comes the the business side, making big decisions, and coordinating with other businesses (with regard to touring, ticketing, record labels, and licensing etc.) actual 'management' is doing the heavy lifting.

That's what it looks like anyway.

Gn’R “management” has been irrelevant for about 35 years. There’s one guy calling the shots, for better or for worse.

Anyone not named W. Axl Rose is just awaiting orders.  

Edited by Dlaz
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 10:03 AM, lunastar said:

"We all understand". Hardly. They've done such good for Axl over the years and helped stabilise him and obviously have given him some kind of happiness. Any speculation on Beta and the family in general is ludicrous and just stems from the years that hardcore fans wanted a reunion and latched on to the idea that TB were holding that back. 

On 6/5/2024 at 11:20 AM, JimiRose said:

It's an indicator because slash would love GnR to write and release, as would duff. And they aren't. Because Axl calls the shots. He respects their opinion, but doesn't mean they actually get a say. TB run GnR. That's another clear indicator, this is Axls band, slash turns up and plays guitar. TB probably say 'You free to tour in 2025' Slash says yes, then the next time slash worries about GnR is rehearsal and then performing the show. he's not involved in anything else like he was in the 80s. 

All due respect, are you being purposely obtuse for sake of argument? Slash and Duff can’t force Axl to write and record if he doesn’t want to. If Slash and Duff want to write new GNR music but Axl just wants to tour, then that’s that. It isn’t cause Axl gets final say. It’s because he is the fucking singer and no one wants to hear new GNR songs with Duff or anyone not Axl on vocals. You’re acting like it’s a dictatorship when there is no indication that’s the case.

Do you expect Slash and Duff to tell the media “Axl doesn’t really want to write and record new material?” Because that is obviously what’s happened and they don’t wanna throw their pal under the bus. 

Why did we finally get “Absurd,” “Perhaps,” “The General,” and “Hardskool”? ‘Cause Slash and Duff were able to go in and work on those songs even if Axl clearly didn’t want to. So they did and those songs were released. 

Edited by GnR Chris

On 6/10/2024 at 5:27 AM, jamillos said:

Axl is undoubtedly the final decision-maker as regards writing or releasing stuff, but Slash could at any time say no to a new tour, and it wouldn’t even have to be for the reasons of conflicting dates. He could go something like 'hey man, I don’t feel like doing yet another tour without proper new material'. And Axl couldn’t do shit about it; he needs Slash more than Slash needs Axl. Whether Slash would actually say something like this is another question, and I personally wouldn’t expect it too much. But he could do it. But yeah, I think they’re more or less on the same page with these things, so why stir the waters as long as the machine is running well. 

Great point. Guns haven’t released a new record ‘cause Axl doesn’t want to write and record. But, as you said, if Slash decided tomorrow he didn’t want to go out on a tour, then that’s that. There’d be no tour. It’d literally have to be Axl Rose “solo” tour at that point, in theaters across the US. Which isn’t to disparage Axl at all. It’s just the point that all parties have to agree for something to happen and you can’t force any one person to do what they don’t want to do. Slash loves to tour and loves to write and record new music. He knows what this new GNR is. It’s a touring act. That’s that. No need to get mad about what it isn’t. We sure can though. 😆 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Do you expect Slash and Duff to tell the media “Axl doesn’t really want to write and record new material?” Because that is obviously what’s happened and they don’t wanna throw their pal under the bus. 

well, yes actually. if that is the case, just say it. don't lie and string your fanbase along. Even though i do not think axl has explicitly said 'No new music' - i think they should be honest and just say 'we want to but it's up to axl, if he doesnt so be it' rather than the BS we had for 7 years in nugnr and 8 years in the threeunion

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2024 at 1:09 PM, Dlaz said:

Gn’R “management” has been irrelevant for about 35 years. There’s one guy calling the shots, for better or for worse.

Anyone not named W. Axl Rose is just awaiting orders.  

That's... erm, not how any of this works, or ever has.

Axl's not booking tours, he's not deciding venues, he's not sat there with maps and spreadsheets working out logistics, booking hotels, or planning tour routes, the plane and busses aren't rented by him, and he's not drawing up contracts...

Management is absolutely relevant, and just like almost every other figure in the public eye, Axl will have management and assistants looking after most things.

Axl isn't managing shit, and it's comical that this deluded fanbase still believes that he is.

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1

Slash says there's a "small tour" planned for the summer of 2025:

Interview: Slash Celebrates New Solo Album + Says ‘2025 Is All About Guns N’ Roses’

Article:

https://loudwire.com/slash-guns-n-roses-future-new-solo-album-interview/

Audio:

https://player.amperwave.net/8035?playerUrl=https%3A%2F%2Floudwire.com%2Flisten-live%2F

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Interview: Slash Celebrates New Solo Album + Says ‘2025 Is All About Guns N’ Roses’

Article:

Audio:

https://player.amperwave.net/8035?playerUrl=https%3A%2F%2Floudwire.com%2Flisten-live%2F

I saw this earlier. The fact that slash has been quoted as saying he's 'heard rumours' about this gnr tour just... says it all doesn't it. 

Hearing rumours about your own band touring :lol: (well, Axl's band). 

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2024 at 6:01 PM, GnR Chris said:

All due respect, are you being purposely obtuse for sake of argument? Slash and Duff can’t force Axl to write and record if he doesn’t want to. If Slash and Duff want to write new GNR music but Axl just wants to tour, then that’s that. It isn’t cause Axl gets final say. It’s because he is the fucking singer and no one wants to hear new GNR songs with Duff or anyone not Axl on vocals. You’re acting like it’s a dictatorship when there is no indication that’s the case.

Why did we finally get “Absurd,” “Perhaps,” “The General,” and “Hardskool”? ‘Cause Slash and Duff were able to go in and work on those songs even if Axl clearly didn’t want to. So they did and those songs were released. 

So you mean it was Slash/Duff that wanted to release Hardskool etc. yeah that's moronic. Axl is not against making new music. He obviously just doesn't want to forget about all the work he did while Slash and Duff were out of the band. It's not that hard to understand. And who knows where Axl is now with the possibility of a brand new record so why jump to these conclusions? I wouldn't expect an album next year but it's as much a possibility as it's ever been with this band.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Hearing rumours about your own band touring :lol: (well, Axl's band). 

Axl would probably say the same thing. It'll be a management decision, not a band member decision. They aren't booking or arranging anything.

Management will get offers for shows, they'll take that to the big three's management (TB etc.) then they'll say if they want to or not – unless they have a legal/contractual obligation to, which we won't be privy to.

It's no different from higher-ups scheduling things in a normal job.

Translation: "Oh I heard the guys in the office talking about this thing..." He won't literally mean 'rumors', we all know Slash has a, erm, 'particular' way with words...

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

So you mean it was Slash/Duff that wanted to release Hardskool etc. yeah that's moronic.

Well, not their decision alone, obviously. But it'd be moronic to assume anything was released that they didn't want, particularly when they're on it.

Again, nobody's holding a gun to their heads.

Edited by DoMw94

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Article:

Audio:

If 2025 is all about Gn'R, but there's only a small summer tour, then what happens the other nine months?