Guns N' Roses to return to the road in 2025

He'd never do that. 

I mean, wanking around with the greatest hits for eight years is one thing, but lip-syncing is an entirely different matter. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Just to inform that a concert promoter in Central América Is telling that Is a sure thing GNR in South América in 2025

OT but did he say something about AC/DC by chance?

On 8/4/2024 at 2:17 PM, F*ck Fear said:

Another tour next year when they should be following Aerosmith's lead...

Why? They're all physically able to continue.

Steven Tyler literally cannot sing – as in, he cannot make noise come out of his mouth. Axl may not be able to sing as well as he used to, but he is still physically able to sing. If people don't like it, then more fool them for still buying tickets

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

He's not able to sing. Croaking through songs is not the ability to sing. I get your point, though.

13 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Axl may not be able to sing as well as he used to, but he is still physically able to sing. If people don't like it, then more fool them for still buying tickets

He's singing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

He's not able to sing. Croaking through songs is not the ability to sing. I get your point, though.

He definitely isn't top calibre by any means but he's better than croaking.

Some nights are close to a trainwreck, other nights not so bad. He's still just about getting the job done, I don't particularly enjoy his current voice but I also don't think he's in need of retirement 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 9:42 PM, DoMw94 said:

Why? They're all physically able to continue.

Steven Tyler literally cannot sing – as in, he cannot make noise come out of his mouth. Axl may not be able to sing as well as he used to, but he is still physically able to sing. If people don't like it, then more fool them for still buying tickets

Which is exactly why I don't take the GNR shows for granted.  No, Axl doesn't sound like Axl from 30 (or even 15) years ago, but he is still capable of having sounds that are mostly on pitch come out of his mouth and he, Slash and Duff are still alive and up on stage performing. With Slash and Duff's substance abuse induced medical issues, if you made a guess in 1993, there was probably a 70% chance that the NITL reunion wouldn't have even been possible.  Add the miracle that Steven was able to do a few guest appearances.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

What are people hoping for setlist wise? (old songs e.g 2023 bad obsession + pretty tied up)

Build the setlist around Axl's lower voice or at least pace his high voice more strategically.

Raw Power as a duet with Duff could be great. Locomotive as a duet with Melissa could be great. Marseilles or Black Leather would be cool alternates for some of the other covers. You Ain't The First and the slow You're Crazy should be staples.

But I expect it will be almost identical to what they did in 2023, plus maybe whatever single they decide to release.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Lelex95 said:

What’s annoying is that they could arrange songs and he would perform amazingly. 
They played estranged last year and he sung it in his lower register and he sounded fantastic, he is to proud to do it constantly but he could save his voice for key moments and give us a much better performance. 

But while it didn't sound like an old Granny, it also lacked any dynamic range that performance....maybe I'd prefer that slightly but it's not really amazing is it? I think a proper retune and rework of tunes could be decent though....but that's a massive ego drop for Axl to show up at rehearsal (ha!) and go *Slasher, so we're taking these babies down a half step...*

He'd be game, he has that voice in his IEM every night....he hard and charge around excited but what he heard in '16/17 and now he's probably like FUCK AC/DC 

Edited by colonizedmind

On 8/10/2024 at 5:17 PM, Majestic Beast said:

He saved AC/DC but damaged his voice with AC/DC touring,that's a big truth we have to realise.

I mean I'm just joked about this too but was it delayed damage or what? As to be fair...he sounded his best after the AC/DC gigs (both legs - lesser so after the arena run)....So I don't think it's specifically the songs sang, more that he overworked himself, fronted two of the biggest rock bands of all time in the year of GNR's comeback....I mean to be fair, it gave Axl possibly the greatest comeback year of any rocker that I can remember in the last 3 decades!?! If he managed a few TV performances and big TV interview with Slash and maybe a one off fab 5, then it could of been truly legendary.....but that's greedy. It's just annoying they didn't let Coachella be properly broadcast like most sets (understandable though as it was the beginning and they had tickets to sell) as a proper full proshot from 2016 is a must! 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

2017 had a lot of great shows as did 2018. I had the misfortune of being front and centre in Berlin, but I also caught them near the end of the run in Gothenburg and the difference was night and day. I know the AC/DC run is usually the go to for reasoning Axl's currant live vocal chops, but I never bought it. He seems to take a lot of pride in his vocal chops and we've heard numerous times over the last 13/14 years how extensive his warm up and warm downs are. As long as Axl feels he's doing a great job and the crowd's are flocking in, I don't think we'll see any change - though the setlist shuffle last year breathed new life into the band and a lot of those songs that were brought back are far too good to not be played live - and also not as taxing vocally I'd imagine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lelex95 said:

What’s annoying is that they could arrange songs and he would perform amazingly. 
They played estranged last year and he sung it in his lower register and he sounded fantastic, he is to proud to do it constantly but he could save his voice for key moments and give us a much better performance. 

That was fine for a show but if the band plays the songs the same as normal and Axl is singing low it lacks dynamics. If they change around the songs to make that vocal approach work then ok. 

People may not want to hear current day Axls voice, but they definitely aren't paying to hear him singing jungle in his talking voice either, outside of the above situation. Loads of alternative options available 

20 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Which is exactly why I don't take the GNR shows for granted.  No, Axl doesn't sound like Axl from 30 (or even 15) years ago, but he is still capable of having sounds that are mostly on pitch come out of his mouth and he, Slash and Duff are still alive and up on stage performing. With Slash and Duff's substance abuse induced medical issues, if you made a guess in 1993, there was probably a 70% chance that the NITL reunion wouldn't have even been possible.  Add the miracle that Steven was able to do a few guest appearances.

I can only like a post once... but this. Exactly my attitude.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lelex95 said:

THIS! Wasn't it on Tottenham stadium?

• Like 1