Well, it's officially been 10 years since the final NuGNR show

Well it had good and bad points, but the overall I felt it was a better show, better playing (IMO), better singing and the band seemed more into it. But there was Dj and then there was those really bad shoes in 2011 and again in 2014... Which they were awful at the time but if gnr 2025 played them they'd probably be considered great😄

Very, very pleased to say I got to see the show 3 times, I definitely think people who checked out because Slash and co weren't there missed Axl at a peak time vocally and energy wise. I couldn't see them in the 80s 90s so seeing them 2006-2012 was the next best thing and IMO they more than delivered every time I saw them. Even when the show almost fell apart in Dublin.

Could have done a whole lot more, should have released more music. It's the same problem the current line up has "Axl wants to release the Chinese material" while the rest of the band want to make new material. In some ways nothing has changed.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I realised that after I posted my question:lol: But if the shoe fits... :lol:

Is there an ugly shoe thread. We've found another niche! 

• Haha 1

I learned from this thread that Nuguns ended in 2014. I thought it ended in 2016 when the Current Guns N'Roses lineup came along. 🤔 What happened between 2014-2016? Was Axl just doing it solo? 🤔 In 2014-2016, I wasn't yet a huge Fan yet do I honestly do not know. 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karice said:

I learned from this thread that Nuguns ended in 2014. I thought it ended in 2016 when the Current Guns N'Roses lineup came along. 🤔 What happened between 2014-2016? Was Axl just doing it solo? 🤔 In 2014-2016, I wasn't yet a huge Fan yet do I honestly do not know. 🤔

He disappeared for a bit if I remember right. Members left during the period between 2014 - 2016 and when people found out that Axl and Slash were actually back in contact it became clear that something was going to happen. Chris Pittman leaving was very close to Coachella and they seemed to be trying to get Izzy back right up to the last min.

25 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

He disappeared for a bit if I remember right. Members left during the period between 2014 - 2016 and when people found out that Axl and Slash were actually back in contact it became clear that something was going to happen. Chris Pittman leaving was very close to Coachella and they seemed to be trying to get Izzy back right up to the last min.

I'm confused. I could have sworn that Guns N'Roses Fans said they went to Guns N'Roses Concerts between 2014-2016. 🤷‍♀️ Which didn't happen if Nuguns ended in 2014 and the current lineup didn't exist yet. 🤷‍♀️

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Karice said:

I'm confused. I could have sworn that Guns N'Roses Fans said they went to Guns N'Roses Concerts between 2014-2016. 🤷‍♀️ Which didn't happen if Nuguns ended in 2014 and the current lineup didn't exist yet. 🤷‍♀️

As far as I remember there were no shows between the 'No Trickery' 2014 residency and the 2016 club show where they came back with Slash ect.

• Like 1

Well technically, "a period between 2014 and 2016" does include both 2014 and 2016, so... yeah. But they definitely didn't see any GNR shows in 2015. 

Edit: Or in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, or 2020 (1 gig).

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rindmelon said:

As far as I remember there were no shows between the 'No Trickery' 2014 residency and the 2016 club show where they came back with Slash ect.

Okay makes sense that there was no shows at all in 2015. 🤔💡

• Like 1

I still find it baffling that we have two photos of the CD sessions. Both from 98 with Tommy and Josh wearing balloon animal hats. We know so little about those sessions and how it really worked, the set up. From what we do know Axl was around the guys relatively little and work long hours by himself with Carem and Eric. But god knows how many thousands of hours the full band spent jamming and recording stuff to send Axl. 

I still can't work out if Bucket had the mask on in the studio still, we've never had a clear answer on that as far as I know?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 1:04 PM, gnfnr2k said:

The Ashba, Frank and Bumblefoot era of GNR is by far the worst era.  Ignored pretty much all of it.

I'd mainly just refer to it as the Ashba era. 

To me, there’s no such thing as 2001–2006 era or 2006–2014 era etc. I distinctly separate the NuGuns era into several episodes, and I think it’s only logical. 
2001/02: although these could actually be two separate eras as well (Axl’s voice and the band line-up – different within these two years).
2006/07: probably the best one, for several reasons. Bumble fits more in the band than Bucket, the expectations are wild, the band is back, Axl is on fire, they play new songs for the first time, etc. 
2009/10: I know some people prefer saying 2009–14, but I’d distinguish here as well. The first part (i.e. the few 09 shows + entire 2010) were the first post-release shows, stuff was fresh, and Axl could still sing. 
2011–14: aka the wasted years. Everything going downwards, touring just for... well, I’ll leave that up to each reader. Kinda like 2018–2023 (or at least 2021–23). 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1