What movies did you watch 2024?

Yes I love Svengoolie.

I watched:

The Bikeriders with Tom Hardy and Austin Butler  and Norman Reedus.

didn't know it was based on a true story. It was very good.

23 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Longlegs, enjoyed it very much. 

I want to see this because I love Nick Cage.

Did it give you nightmares because this is what they're saying. I am usually never bothered by horror movies so I'm curious about this one.

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yes I love Svengoolie.

I watched:

The Bikeriders with Tom Hardy and Austin Butler  and Norman Reedus.

didn't know it was based on a true story. It was very good.

I want to see this because I love Nick Cage.

Did it give you nightmares because this is what they're saying. I am usually never bothered by horror movies so I'm curious about this one.

Honestly I would say how scary it is has been overhyped. It's creepy and unsettling for sure, but not a film that will have you jumping constantly, more of a slow burn. I think it's quite effective at what it set out to do in that regard.

Edited by Jw224

15 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Honestly I would say how scary it is has been overhyped. It's creepy and unsettling for sure, but not a film that will have you jumping constantly, more of a slow burn. I think it's quite effective at what it set out to do in that regard.

I figured that. When the Terrifier 2 came out they were saying people were fainting and throwing up. I saw it a few times. Yeah, the gore is very graphic, but it didn't make me feel sick or whatever. I feel watching the news is worse for me.

8 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Haven't seen them yet but the only two films that interest me this year are Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice & Joker 2.

I don't watch many movies these days.

I'm looking forward to those movies too.

I watched:

The Commandet's Shadow

It's the follow up to The Zone of Interest

I find it very hard to believe that the son didn't know his Nazi father wrote a book and was the head killer in Austwitz.  The his sister who lives in the US totally denied what her dad did and what the Nazi's did. I also was annoyed she was living in America.  

Anyway, it's an interesting movie, even if I got annoyed.

The Barrens with Stephen Moyer

Abigal What a great movie!

22 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Just watched Young Woman and the Sea. It was pretty good.

Also just watched Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire. It was okay, but the final battle in Brazil was too much.

I liked the Godzilla and Kong movie, but it was funny how they destroyed Rio and Cario. I mean come on.

I did like the ending very much. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 12:30 AM, Jw224 said:

Longlegs, enjoyed it very much. 

I thought it was underwhelming.

Yeah the cinematography looks good and there's a vibe. The concept maybe even works with the opening scene, but after the credits roll at the start - I just found it underwhelming. It wasn't scary at all and the direction it goes was just not very interesting.

I feel like if the explanation is a little more grounded, it would work better. Instead I just thought it was just another horror film and nothing like the hype. To be fair though, the annoying loud teenage girls who spent more time trying to take selfies in front of me might have effected my experience.

Going to see Deadpool and Wolverine at midnight in a few hours at a packed out screening, here's hoping there's no kids, popcorn or phones... :tongue2:.

Dune 2 and Godzilla Minus 1 (I think those were both, this year) are definitely the ones I was excited about. Not much else. Need to rent Furiosa and Beetlejuice looks pretty good. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I thought it was underwhelming.

Yeah the cinematography looks good and there's a vibe. The concept maybe even works with the opening scene, but after the credits roll at the start - I just found it underwhelming. It wasn't scary at all and the direction it goes was just not very interesting.

I feel like if the explanation is a little more grounded, it would work better. Instead I just thought it was just another horror film and nothing like the hype. To be fair though, the annoying loud teenage girls who spent more time trying to take selfies in front of me might have effected my experience.

Going to see Deadpool and Wolverine at midnight in a few hours at a packed out screening, here's hoping there's no kids, popcorn or phones... :tongue2:.

REally want to see this movie. I love Nick Cage and the previews won't show what he looks like until the police woman does.  Anyway, he sounds freaky. 

Hope you enjoy Deadpool and Wolverine. The other Deadpool movies were R so there shouldn't be any kids, but you never know. I've seen Friday the 13th movies and parents would bring little kids.  Let us know how this movie is?

21 hours ago, downzy said:

The new Deadpool was incredible. Easily in my top three MCU films, best of the Deadpool series so far. The cameos were amazing. 

Cool. I liked the other Deadpool movies and love Wolverine. I guess it was a good match up.

Updated ranking of movies I’ve seen this year so far:

1.Dune: Part Two

2.Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

3.Young Woman and the Sea

4.Deadpool & Wolverine

5.Kung Fu Panda 4

6.Drive-Away Dolls

7.Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

8.Godzilla x. Kong: The New Empire

9.Madame Web (so bad that it’s good)

Of the films I've seen in the cinema this year (UK release dates) that I remember - 

1 - DUNE PART 2 
2 - POOR THINGS
3 - THE ZONE OF INTEREST
4 -  THE HOLDOVERS
STAR TREK 3: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK (UK ANNIVERSARY RE-RELEASE)
5 - FURIOSA
6 - DEADPOOL AND WOLVERINE
7 - KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
8 - TWISTERS
9 - AMERICAN FICTION
10 - LONGLEGS

After 7 the quality drops noticably, but Twisters is still decent 90s popcorn flick. Really didn't like American Fiction and have become more hostile to Longlegs the more I think about it.

Just imo.

• Like 1

Justice League  the 2 hour one

58 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Of the films I've seen in the cinema this year (UK release dates) that I remember - 

1 - DUNE PART 2 
2 - POOR THINGS
3 - THE ZONE OF INTEREST
4 -  THE HOLDOVERS
STAR TREK 3: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK (UK ANNIVERSARY RE-RELEASE)
5 - FURIOSA
6 - DEADPOOL AND WOLVERINE
7 - KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
8 - TWISTERS
9 - AMERICAN FICTION
10 - LONGLEGS

After 7 the quality drops noticably, but Twisters is still decent 90s popcorn flick. Really didn't like American Fiction and have become more hostile to Longlegs the more I think about it.

Just imo.

I have seen The Zone of Interest.  The follow up movie called, the Commendat's Shadow was very good too. it had the son of the Nazi who ran Auswitz and one of the camp's survivors.  They meet and talk. Anyway, I had a problem with some of it. Mostly denial or just saying I never knew. Yeah, sure. Anyway, it was a good follow up.

I really want to see Longlegs before they show what Nick Cage looks like. lol

• Like 1