"FOREVER TOGETHER" Unreleased Doc 2010

Posted (edited)

What do we actually know about this?

Did Axl hire Dale just to create promo for the GNR website and footage to use in future tour montages? 

He was quite well known in the film industry and he apparently shot the entire 2010 SA tour...for an unreleased documentary/concert document. We obviously got a leak of a full gig from that tour leg but not Dale's footage. 

What do we think Axl's intentions were to sanction this one and do we think it was ever finished beyond this trailer and could leak someday?...as it'll never be released officially, for obvious reasons...

With Rock Fuel getting involved a few year later, the live stream PPV gigs throughout '11 & '12, The O2 gig on rock TV, Axl seemed to want to document this period a bit more than previous years, to try and show the world this version of Guns....it would seem.

Thoughts?

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl seemed to be really into that lineup in 2009-2010, especially DJ (for whatever reason). On the other hand, he was too lazy to write any new music to give the band any credibility.

Yea...Axl had DJ as like a comfort blanket everywhere he went....remember the That Metal Show where he sat there for like a full hour next to Axl and said like 3 words 😂🫣

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

What do we actually know about this?

Did Axl hire Dale just to create promo for the GNR website and footage to use in future tour montages? 

He was quite well known in the film industry and he apparently shot the entire 2010 SA tour...for an unreleased documentary/concert document. We obviously got a leak of a full gig from that tour leg but not Dale's footage. 

What do we think Axl's intentions were to sanction this one and do we think it was ever finished beyond this trailer and could leak someday?...as it'll never be released officially, for obvious reasons...

With Rock Fuel getting involved a few year later, the live stream PPV gigs throughout '11 & '12, The O2 gig on rock TV, Axl seemed to want to document this period a bit more than previous years, to try and show the world this version of Guns....it would seem.

Thoughts?

There were different attempts with different people & crews, the trailer you posted was originally posted on http://www.murraymile.com

GNR Documentary Q&A 

October 21, 2010 

I know that I promise some answers within the week. There has been a tremendous response from the  South America Montage. Just on the first day of the release, I received over 80 plus emails. After a week, It's  been a long read of amazing complements and questions. Those questions have been sorted out and today  I'm going to answer the ones that I feel are necessary. There's only so much I can answer without  addressing these questions to the GNR team. My answers will be veritable as possible. Hopefully for those of you, this will shed some light. 

Q"I was wondering when a DVD will be released? I know that they were shooting for every venue. When can we expect that?" 

This was the most common question. As you know, our team was shooting the documentary of only the  South America tour. GNR hired another crew to shoot for DVD. The DVD crew shot every venue, there for,  they'll be releasing a DVD for each venue in PAL. As for the expected date of release, I'm sorry, I would not  know that. It could take quite some time. 

Q"Is GNR planing to release a full documentary with the South America tour footage? If so, when can we  see it? Are they planning on releasing it this year?" 

Yes, of course. Now that doesn't mean that the "Full" documentary will be all South America. It can be a  documentary base on the band and their journey, which means, involving other tours as well. As for a given  release date, I'm going to have to shake my head on this one as well. I have no idea. Documentaries can  take a while. That's up to the GNR Team. 

Q"What's the montage for? Is this footage a snippet of an official release or is this montage as far as the  footage goes in terms of what we'll see officially?" 

I'm glade a dozen of you asked this question regarding the montage. The montage was something that I  wanted to do, and yes, I was given promise to do so. What you see in the montage will most likely be seen in the documentary. That being said, you can look at it as a snippet of what you'll be seeing in the  documentary. Trust me, I wanted to add more to the montage but it would be way to long. Knowing that we shot over 60 hours of footage. There's a lot of great material that we captured and I'm sure will be seeing it  sometime soon. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=60949.20 

• Like 3

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-taps-dale-rage-resteghini-to-shoot-tour 

World-renowned music video director Dale "Rage" Resteghini has announced his new collaboration with 

Axl Rose and GUNS N' ROSES. Rage has been hired by Axl to document and shoot stills for the band's  current South American tour. 

Because of his unique eye, Rage has been asked throughout the years to shoot for metal and rock  magazines and bands. However, due to his extremely busy schedule, he's not had the time to focus on  anything other than videos. Still photography is a long-awaited career swing for Rage as he is better known  for his music video and feature film directing, but with a resume as impressive as Rage's, it is sure to be a  success. 

According to a press release from Adrenaline PR (Rage's publicists), Axl wants to make some videos later in  the year in support of GUNS N' ROSES' latest album,"Chinese Democracy", on the same grand scope and  style of classics such as"November Rain"

Commented Rage: "Axl Rose is the quintessential rock-star front man and is all things you'd expect and  some you would not expect. He is very humorous and very, very passionate about his fans and ensuring that the legacy of GN'R as being one of most incredible and best-selling rock bands in the history of music  remains intact." 

That doesn't mean footage from the Better video is from Resteghini though btw. I think that will be from Jason D'avesra who was shooting a documentary on the road with them in 2006. If you ever see video with Property Of Lush Productions stamped on it then that comes from his stuff.

August Jakobsson, Tim Fraser, Resteghini, & Jason D'avesra will all have stuff probably. Robert John sold his footage last year to a wealthy fan. Other people like Nicholas Peterson were approached to do video's but either never happened or perhaps did and we just don't know about it.

• Like 2

I think Axl enjoyed that line up because by then they truly were hired hands, aside from Dizzy and Tommy no one had actual claims to the songs or any input into the material they were performing and most likely were all yes men. And why wouldn't they be, that's absolutely acceptable. They were hired to put on a great show and not rock the boat, which they did more than competently. I'm not a DJ fan or Bumble, at all. But at least DJ was always complimentary off stage. The shows were absolutely fine in that era, 2010 they were on fire. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Forever Together… what a cringey name…

Haha...too true..I guess that was DJ job for the day....come up with a title and he thought about it for half a day and went with...how would I describe me and Axl....Ok...well his first choice was denied "Livin' The Dream" 😸

18 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Haha...too true..I guess that was DJ job for the day....come up with a title and he thought about it for half a day and went with...how would I describe me and Axl....Ok...well his first choice was denied "Livin' The Dream" 😸

His first choice? Forever Dj Swagger

I think I remember seeing a comment from "Rage" years afterwards expressing frustration at this not getting released, anyone else remember/have a link?

1 hour ago, Amir said:

I think I remember seeing a comment from "Rage" years afterwards expressing frustration at this not getting released, anyone else remember/have a link?

I'm sure it's true....but anyone that has done their homework and gets in bed with Axl for a project must just label it on their resume as "work experience"....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

I'm sure it's true....but anyone that has done their homework and gets in bed with Axl for a project must just label it on their resume as "work experience"....

Just read my signature