what's Slash's involvement with Deathstalker?

Hi guys, sorry this is old news now, about a few months old, but

I read Slash is involved with the Deathstalker comic book revival

I read the promo and all the other bla bla bla but I am still not entirely sure what's Slash's role in the comic book

He wrote the story and paid people to draw it?

Slash felt nostalgic about the comic book and provided the funds to resurrect it?

The Deathstalker team approached him to be the face of the campaign for a hefty sum?

I can't make heads or tails of this situation, there's guys talking about a comic book and then there's Slash saying it's cool and then it cuts back to the comic book guys saying it's a stellar co-operation

1 hour ago, whatashame said:

Hi guys, sorry this is old news now, about a few months old, but

I read Slash is involved with the Deathstalker comic book revival

I read the promo and all the other bla bla bla but I am still not entirely sure what's Slash's role in the comic book

He wrote the story and paid people to draw it?

Slash felt nostalgic about the comic book and provided the funds to resurrect it?

The Deathstalker team approached him to be the face of the campaign for a hefty sum?

I can't make heads or tails of this situation, there's guys talking about a comic book and then there's Slash saying it's cool and then it cuts back to the comic book guys saying it's a stellar co-operation

Hmmm...what we do know:  Slash is the publisher of Deathstalker (Slash presents- sub label of Vault comics). Tim Seeley is the actual writer but Slash suposedly did have story input and art ideas too.  Now,  my guess is this- it was a test ground to see is there any interest in a possible movie revival. I do believe it all started with a movie studio approaching him but he probably had the comic label set up and ready to go already.