Back cover of Appetite in high resolution

Figured I would throw it out here. But does anyone have a really high resolution image of the back cover of Appetite?  I am getting my new man town in order and I want a poster of that.  All I can find are a couple shitty .jpegs

I must confess that I didn't even know that Appetite For Destruction Album had a back cover until I saw this thread. 🥴 All five of them look drugged up to be honest in the official back cover. 🥴 Slash looks the most drugged up, Axl looks the least drugged up. 

The second cover, they all look much more sober, but who is the second face, the one between Steven and Slash? 🤔 I don't recognize him. 🤔

Edited by Karice

12 minutes ago, Karice said:

The second cover, they all look much more sober, but who is the second face, the one between Steven and Slash? 🤔 I don't recognize him. 🤔

Marc Canter

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Best one I can find after a quick search, hope it helps! 

8582f0aa270b096e939a7b73b8cffcee.jpg

Also an extra shot that I thought was cool

back+cover+of+book.jpg?format=1500w

Thanks Danny. I found those on google too. Unfortunately, the resolution on jpg files sucks so if I were to get a poster made it would be blurry.  I am thinking maybe if I take an actual album somewhere like Staples maybe they can scan a high-resolution copy.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Marc Canter

I just looked up Marc Canter and found out he was a Photographer for Guns N'Roses. WHY is their Photographer in the second back cover for Appetite For Destruction Album? 🤨🤔😵‍💫

30 minutes ago, Karice said:

I just looked up Marc Canter and found out he was a Photographer for Guns N'Roses. WHY is their Photographer in the second back cover for Appetite For Destruction Album? 🤨🤔😵‍💫

This is the Back Cover of his awesome book "Reckless Road"

image.jpeg.8f25d5d91e67288572ecc2412d75248a.jpeg

5 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

This is the Back Cover of his awesome book "Reckless Road"

image.jpeg.8f25d5d91e67288572ecc2412d75248a.jpeg

Thank you for telling me that! :hug:I was wondering why their Photographer was in the back of the second Appetite For Destruction Album cover, and it makes sense that it's Marc's BOOK and not the actual alternate Appetite For Destruction's album back cover. 💡 I wonder who took that picture since Mark is in it? 🤔

1 hour ago, Karice said:

Thank you for telling me that! :hug:I was wondering why their Photographer was in the back of the second Appetite For Destruction Album cover, and it makes sense that it's Marc's BOOK and not the actual alternate Appetite For Destruction's album back cover. 💡 I wonder who took that picture since Mark is in it? 🤔

Marc was not their official photographer. He captured a lot of video footage and lots of photos 9f the band from their early days. I believe their actual photographer who was with them from around the time they signed with Geffen was Robert John. He later sued Axl for breach of contract. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...