SCOM in Despicable Me 4 Commercials

23 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I find it slightly bizarre that a GNR song (albeit a ballad) is used for marketing a kids movie.  From "the most dangerous band in the world" to cartoon trailer soundtracks...

I also raised my eyebrows at Sweet Child Of Mine being used for a Kid's movie trailer . 😵‍💫 I  could kind of understand ,"Welcome To The Jungle," being played in a Kid's movie trailer,  💡but Sweet Child Of Mine is a HUGE what the FUCK? 😵‍💫

44 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Probably got paid millions to use it. Hate to break it to you but almost every band gets old and sells out. 

It's not really the selling out part that I found weird.  If their music is used to promote adult movies, action movies, even superhero movies it would make some sense.  GNR being used to promote a kids cartoon is what is odd to me.

20 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

It's not really the selling out part that I found weird.  If their music is used to promote adult movies, action movies, even superhero movies it would make some sense.  GNR being used to promote a kids cartoon is what is odd to me.

To be fair, Guns N'Roses are pretty kid friendly nowadays. 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, History2010 said:

Probably got paid millions to use it. Hate to break it to you but almost every band gets old and sells out. 

I don't think allowing/selling a song for a children's film to use is necessarily selling out. Moves like so can also expose great, older music to a new generation. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Karice said:

I also raised my eyebrows at Sweet Child Of Mine being used for a Kid's movie trailer . 😵‍💫 I  could kind of understand ,"Welcome To The Jungle," being played in a Kid's movie trailer,  💡but Sweet Child Of Mine is a HUGE what the FUCK? 😵‍💫

So if they used a song about debauchery and the dangers of a “concrete jungle” that would be more fitting for a kids movie over a love song? Logical.. 😂

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I don't think allowing/selling a song for a children's film to use is necessarily selling out. Moves like so can also expose great, older music to a new generation. 

I have to agree. If putting any classic rock (or any older brilliant music) in cheesy kids films is what helps these bands/artists in any way stay relevant and accessible to newer generations and hopefully find new fans, then I’m all for it. Not every kid needs to be made to believe that BTS or Taylor Swift are the greatest things on this planet. There’s a huge history of greatness out there.. they just need to go exploring.  :headbang:

• Like 4

Ever since Axl and Slash made amends, GnR songs have been getting licensed everywhere. I’m not complaining, tbh. This is how more people get to know the band now (particularly new generations of listeners).

Its not like kids are gonna go listen to absurd or whatever anyways…

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Ever since Axl and Slash made amends, GnR songs have been getting licensed everywhere. I’m not complaining, tbh. This is how more people get to know the band now (particularly new generations of listeners).

Its not like kids are gonna go listen to absurd or whatever anyways…

Absurd would make a great kids movie sing along scene!  Just put a bunch of cats on the screen and it'll be fine!

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

So if they used a song about debauchery and the dangers of a “concrete jungle” that would be more fitting for a kids movie over a love song? Logical.. 😂

Welcome To The Jungle has already been used in Kid's movie Trailers like another Poster pointed out, which is why I said Welcome To The Jungle. 😇

51 minutes ago, Karice said:

Welcome To The Jungle has already been used in Kid's movie Trailers like another Poster pointed out, which is why I said Welcome To The Jungle. 😇

I know it has, I was just saying because you said SCOM was a huge wtf but WTTJ is totally fine 😂