SCOM in Despicable Me 4 Commercials

It is funny.

The minions are going to singing, rocking  out, ok ok.

Dru has a baby now and the minions must be babysitting and that song is the background song. 

As for the band, $$$$$, that s all that $$$$$$$ matters. They are more than $$$$$$ thrilled.
Everyone, if they are lucky, sells their music $$$$$ commercially for movies, tv commercials, anything, everything.

Slash did his SCOM bit in the commercial. I forgot what the product or business was.

It is something funny for the older generation, then young adults in the 1980s, to now laugh at when you take your grandkids to see the new minions movie. Me, an 8 yr. old in my life already booked us to see Minions new movie.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 5:13 PM, Rindmelon said:

3:07 in. :)

Hot take: I love this version. I think Axl did a good job there, but Robin's solo was amazing to me. He put his own spin on it and didn't try to sound as just a cover band.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 8:49 PM, Rindmelon said:

There's only one bit of it I like really & that's the organ bit that was added in the mid section. The vocals are awful.

I liked Axl's vocals in the re-recorded part but the lives ones sounded bad. I don't know why they didn't just use the entire re-recorded track for the movie. 

Just now, Sweersa said:

I liked Axl's vocals in the re-recorded part but the lives ones sounded bad. I don't know why they didn't just use the entire re-recorded track for the movie. 

Legal compromise, at  least that's what was what was reported at the time. It was supposed to be a fully new version apparently Slash and Duff intervened legally. I may have the paperwork somewhere unless i'm mixing it up with another one of the disagreements from that era. @Blackstar will know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2024 at 10:13 PM, Rindmelon said:

3:07 in. :)

too bad we never had the whole re-recording. Robin's solo is even better live, the guy really made a difference when he was in the band, like Brain. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Legal compromise, at  least that's what was what was reported at the time. It was supposed to be a fully new version apparently Slash and Duff intervened legally. I may have the paperwork somewhere unless i'm mixing it up with another one of the disagreements from that era. @Blackstar will know

There is only mention of the Black Hawk Down movie (where Axl wanted to use a re-recorded version of WTTJ instead of the original) in the later Slash and Duff Vs. Axl lawsuits. But according to reports at the time it was the same with SCOM/Big Daddy.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The live cut is sped up and terribly edited. 

19 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There is only mention of the Black Hawk Down movie (where Axl wanted to use a re-recorded version of WTTJ instead of the original) in the later Slash and Duff Vs. Axl lawsuits. But according to reports at the time it was the same with SCOM/Big Daddy.

Would it legally matter if Axl used just half of the rerecording instead of the full track? I doubt it was the case and I think Axl just wanted to show the transition between eras/lineups. 

19 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

The live cut is sped up and terribly edited. 

Would it legally matter if Axl used just half of the rerecording instead of the full track? I doubt it was the case and I think Axl just wanted to show the transition between eras/lineups. 

Any version of the song (original or re-recorded or live) would have needed Slash and Duff to sign off (as well as the label). I think that Slash and Duff blocked the re-recorded version. Then Axl did the little "scam" with the hybrid version and that was the reason it only played in the end credits but was not included in the OST (the Sheryl Crow version was included instead).

Here is the article:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4823-2002-01-08-cdnow-allstar-miss-truth-black-hawk-down-ost-rumours

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Any version of the song (original or re-recorded or live) would have needed Slash and Duff to sign off (as well as the label). I think that Slash and Duff blocked the re-recorded version. Then Axl did the little "scam" with the hybrid version and that was the reason it only played in the end credits but was not included in the OST (the Sheryl Crow version was included instead).

Here is the article:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4823-2002-01-08-cdnow-allstar-miss-truth-black-hawk-down-ost-rumours

I see. But still, I think they could've blocked the hybrid version as well, even if it was only used in the movie itself. Unless Axl somehow tricked them to hear just the live half lol

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

I see. But still, I think they could've blocked the hybrid version as well, even if it was only used in the movie itself. Unless Axl somehow tricked them to hear just the live half lol

They presumably received some royalties from the Cheryl Crow version which would have been on the OST, I'm sure that softened the blow.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It probably transpired like this:

3 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

They presumably received some royalties from the Cheryl Crow version which would have been on the OST, I'm sure that softened the blow.

• Like 2