GUNS N' ROSES VAULT - IRON MOUNTAIN

4 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

That is the DAT tape for Beer & a Cigarette from 1992.... This video was uploaded 4 months ago which would at least suggest that at least some more GNR stuff has been archived recently.

Why do you think that this GNR stuff was archived recently? Would that indicate that the band or Universal recently moved or accessed the tapes recently?

5 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Why do you think that this GNR stuff was archived recently? Would that indicate that the band or Universal recently moved or accessed the tapes recently?

That specific DAT on the video was uploaded a few months ago, although to be fair that does not mean the footage itself is recent.

It would likely mean that they had recently received it when it was filmed however as I believe that is done early in the process

As for if they have been accessed recently.... A client can do that through what Iron Mountain refers to as a Smart Vault, I have found some information on how such a thing works but I need to research it more. But essentially if the client (i'm unsure if that is Universal or GN'R) wishes to see or hear that DAT tape they can request to do so through there Client Portal. They need a 16 digit key to get it and then they could request a 3D scan of the DAT and also a digitised version of what is on there in the highest lossless format.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, username said:

Aladdin-disneyscreencaps.com-372.jpg 

"only one may enter here, one whose worth lies far within: the diamond in the rough"

image.thumb.png.9b5bb911c7a8d2ed5ebe199aa628110c.png

Didn't Fernando/TB call all studios involved with the CD era or Guns recordings after the Village leaks and demand they send him any and all copies of their music to try to prevent additional leaks?

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Didn't Fernando/TB call all studios involved with the CD era or Guns recordings after the Village leaks and demand they send him any and all copies of their music to try to prevent additional leaks?

I hadn’t heard that before, but it would make sense. Not surprised in the slightest if that’s true.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Possible but at least a few of those studios had shut down completely by the time the locker leaks occurred, Dragon and Tennille had sold Rumbo in 03 and Bennet Studio's had too i think. I think it's likely any tapes were already archived by 2019 when the locker leaks happened. Having said that though those Izzy DATS turned up so who knows

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Possible but at least a few of those studios had shut down completely by the time the locker leaks occurred, Dragon and Tennille had sold Rumbo in 03 and Bennet Studio's had too i think. I think it's likely any tapes were already archived by 2019 when the locker leaks happened. Having said that though those Izzy DATS turned up so who knows

Hopefully some additional CDs are found that contain rough reference mixes from those other studio sessions. :) (2001-2005, please) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vloors said:

Theres a Reel 1 and Reel 2 in the stack below that but im unable to make out the song titles or even if they are GNR.

The date on Reel One seems to be 1997 and on Reel Two 1998, so they are not GN'R (since the DAT's in that storage place were Duff related, either GN'R or other Duff projects/collaborations).

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

The date on Reel One seems to be 1997 and on Reel Two 1998, so they are not GN'R (since the DAT's in that storage place were Duff related, either GN'R or other Duff projects/collaborations).

Sorry I deleted.

I used a image zoomer and found they were both the Ya Yas reels

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

That is some amazing detective work, great job! Do you think it means some things have been accessed recently by the band, or just where that documentary is being made? 

Thanks.

It's hard to say if the band have accessed material through the smart vault at any point either way. Who can access what depends on both who the client is (could either be GNR, or UMG) & also what there level of security is. 

So say for example if a movie studio was a client, one person at the studio may be able to request that a trailer for a movie is sent to them, but not be able to get a hold of the full movie, meanwhile another person at the same studio can have full access and get the movie and trailer. Hope this post makes sense I have been awake for a scary amount of time and am delirious lol.

I have a huge pile of annual reports to look through soon on the company and how it works so hopefully can figure out more in future about it. 

The documentary series will be called Deep Dive but like I say there's no word on if any of it will center around GNR yet.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Possibly 4 wheels no axl?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1