Posted (edited)

Eminem has come out and expressed that he is highly functioning but on the spectrum as have many other brilliant artists. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Axl is also. 

He does have difficulties maintaining relationships (personal and professional), he has a focused vision only for the way HE wants things to be done plus he has a track record of throwing tantrums when things don't go his way but he also has a brilliant side of him that is incredibly rare.

Edited by Illusion1987
Typo

I've seen Axl being 'diagnosed' - at various times and by various internet people who almost certainly haven't ever met him - as being autistic, or bipolar, or as suffering from depression, or complex PTSD or any other number of types of trauma. 

So let's be cautious before jumping to conclusions about his mental state. 

• Like 3

There are way too many people self-diagnosing themselves as autistic. It's a weird trend. 

While it's good that people are giving more attention to the topic, I personally know five people who have self-diagnosed and apparently it's happening on a lot on TikTok. Sloooooow down, people. Let a doctor do that.

But to answer the OP's question, my guess is no. 

• Like 3

Axl has gotten quite a few online diagnoses over the years, and I'm not going to be hypocritical and act like I've never wondered or talked about it myself, but if it was something he wanted to be known he would say. I think quite a few things about him do fall under a neurodivergent umbrella, but whatever that could or could not be is his business only. He obviously operates differently than most people, but if what he is currently doing helps him than good for him. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Axl is also. 

I doubt it. 

14 hours ago, Karice said:

I don't think Axl is autistic, but I think he's a Perfectionist. 🤔💡

That's what a lot of us still thought until he started releasing the recent demos...

10 hours ago, Eremialx said:

Let's be honest... There are not many people here (or maybe no one at all) who can diagnose autism. And we don't know anything about Axl's real personal life, except what we read in the dirt sheets. 
So, what are we going to discuss here? Our opinion? About what? About what we don't understand?
Let's be above that.

Given the band’s history as regards sharing their private life (Slash’s and Duff’s books aside), there’s no wonder all we’re left with is speculations, as usual. That’s one of the things fan forums are for. Not that there’s much else to discuss anyway. 

10 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

he is more insecure than being a perfectionist. 

I agree. 

10 hours ago, Sausagebrain said:

I've seen Axl being 'diagnosed' - at various times and by various internet people who almost certainly haven't ever met him - as being autistic, or bipolar, or as suffering from depression, or complex PTSD or any other number of types of trauma. 

So let's be cautious before jumping to conclusions about his mental state. 

Nobody’s jumped to any conclusions, we’re just speculating here. Again, not like there’s much else to discuss these days anyway. 

7 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

There are way too many people self-diagnosing themselves as autistic. It's a weird trend. 

While it's good that people are giving more attention to the topic, I personally know five people who have self-diagnosed and apparently it's happening on a lot on TikTok. Sloooooow down, people. Let a doctor do that.

But to answer the OP's question, my guess is no. 

My guess would be also no. He's all kinds of weird (or "idiosyncratic") but not this. 

7 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Whether he is or isn't it's really none of our business. If he was and wanted the public to know he'd do so. 

Again, this is a fan forum and stuff like this will be discussed here; that's one of the things it's for. Or where do you draw the line? We normally talk about other personal affairs, like drugs, chicks, Axl's history, whatever, but this particular one is too far now? It's ok man, we're just talking junk here. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/8/2024 at 9:58 AM, lost un the jungle said:

I only ask for the band to go back on tour ASAP so we avoid non sense posts like this

This is actually a thought provoking thread, not a nonsense thread. 🤔💡You wanna see a nonsense Thread? I started a thread saying something like, "William Rose Jr vs W. Axl Rose and  I talked about how the serious, more mature, more laid back, sensible, wise, William Rose Jr showed up to Court for The Steven Adler vs Guns N'Roses Lawsuit and left his fun loving, wild, loose , impulsive , reckless W. Axl Rose Brother at home because he knew that bringing W. Axl Rose to Court would be a bad idea!" 🤣😵‍💫 Posters responded something like,"Karice, what the fuck is wrong with you?" 🤣 IIRC, I said something like,"I was battling insomnia when I wrote that nonsense Thread! 🤣

Here's how people in this thread will respond. If they think autism is a good thing Axl Rose is autistic. If they think autism is a bad thing Axl Rose isn't autistic. There I saved you the trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was diagnosed at around 18 with Asperger's. One reason it being swallowed up into Autism was people and parents wanting the sexier sounding Autism. I wouldn't change what I am but self diagnosis really ignores the stigma and confusion I experience from people still. Axl could be on the spectrum but that's a matter for him and his professional if he saw one. As an actor, I gained confidence from Anthony Hopkins sharing his diagnosis. That's why an artist would do that. To inspire existing people not people seeking a diagnosis to be perceived a genius. Again, that's his business. Interesting times though. Instead of sexual orientation people now speculate autism instead. Ok fine, you twisted my arm. I saw Axl at a secret underground bar for autistic people. He was dancing with an autistic woman and later seen engaging in autistic activities. Playing with and talking about trains may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's not illegal. Locomotive love is love man. 🚂 👍💗

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

If Axl were autistic, he'd never be a frontman. 

Not true...Eminem is autistic and is out there on his own.

We are talking about a high functioning autistic person not the extreme end of the spectrum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

If Axl were autistic, he'd never be a frontman. 

Some people are more comfortable performing in front of a 1000 people than they are 5 people.

2 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Is Axl black?

Well, he's spent a great deal of time in court rooms, never stayed with one woman for good, cops always seemed to be out ta get him, has a bluesrock guitarist in the band, and doesn't like Trump... so there ya go!