How do I explain to my children that Steven Adler was kicked out of the band?

Tell them it was all a ruse, and Axl actually fired Steven because the damn drummer done wronged his woman in the studio and was eating his popcorn while doing it. And unbeknownst to Axl, he then switched the RQ moaning on top of that, so the recording we know is actually Steven who’s doing the chick. Axl only found out once the record had been released and it was too late to change it. It is said that the colour of Axl’s jacket he was wearing while attending the court later was the same as that of the shorts Steven was wearing that day in the studio – it was a secret FY message to him. 
I’ve even heard a rumour that Axl wrote draft lyrics based on this. It went something like Eeny meeny need some blow, Steven Adler is my foe. But it is said to have been later changed to It don’t really matter, gonna find out for yourself. Its further status is unknown. 
Your kids will understand. 

• Confused 1

Explain how there are cool drugs like pot, alcohol, caffeine and tylenol, that are ok as long as we don't overuse them, and very bad drugs, like crack, heroin, motley crue and heavy opioids, which should be avoided at all costs. Because Steven went too hard for the latter, he's been sad since the 90s.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Explain how there are cool drugs like pot, alcohol, caffeine and tylenol, that are ok as long as we don't overuse them, and very bad drugs, like crack, heroin, motley crue and heavy opioids, which should be avoided at all costs. Because Steven went too hard for the latter, he's been sad since the 90s.

My wife has an anti-drug policy within our house. It's a big reason why my children are not allowed to listen to Willie Nelson. 

7 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

He was fucked up on drugs so the other junkies kicked him out.

I think there is a good life lesson in terms of power dynamics within a group setting, but it might go over the head of my three year old. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

He had other priorities. They had to move on.

they could have still kept him as part of the Gn'R family, in at least some limited capacity imo. could have done a lot of things. if Def Leppard could do it and all that.

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

they could have still kept him as part of the Gn'R family, in at least some limited capacity imo. could have done a lot of things. if Def Leppard could do it and all that.

It’s just a simple answer to the OP. 

• GNFNR 1

15 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

the wifey (my wife)

Who? Please clarify.

15 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Please advise on how you explained to your school aged children that Steven Adler was kicked out of the band in 1990 for alleged heroin use.

Simple, my daddy taught me that the best way to learn is from experience. Books are for queers. That's why I shot my son up with heroin.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Yeah they totally could have had Steven in the corner of the stage, slumped over in a chair. Maybe let the audience throw bottles at his head once in a while to make sure he's still alive.

Edited by evilfacelessturtle
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Yeah they totally could have had Steven in the corner of the stage, slumped over in a chair. Maybe let the audience throw bottles at his head once in a while to make sure he's still alive.

like I said, they could have kept him as part of the band on a limited capacity while still hiring Sorum to tour for example. maybe if they gave Steven time, it could have worked cause he did regain his ability to drum. he sounded good in his guest spot in 2016 with Gn'R.

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

like I said, they could have kept him as part of the band on a limited capacity while still hiring Sorum to tour for example. maybe if they gave Steven time, it could have worked cause he did regain his ability to drum. he sounded good in his guest spot in 2016 with Gn'R.

I think it wasnt just the drugs but Stevens overall personality which got him kicked

3 minutes ago, vloors said:

I think it wasnt just the drugs but Stevens overall personality which got him kicked

I agree, but him being unable to play cause he was fucked up on top of being himself was too much to take for the rest of the band.

4 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Drummers are the foundation on which a band is built. You can withstand a broken window or loosing tiles on your roof, but if your foundation is fucked then so is everything else.

In Get Him To The Greek deleted scene, Aldous Snow says that the Drummer is actually the weakest part of a band because all he does is pat drums. I personally remember thinking that the Guitar was more important than drums, but I did some research and the research says that the drums are actually the most important part of a Band. One research even said something like,"If your guitarist is fucked up on drugs and alcohol, you can work with that, but you absolutely do NOT want your drummer fucked up on drugs and alcohol. 💡🤔

Edited by Karice
  • Like 2

is this post for real?

why do they need to know he was kicked out?

why would they ever care?

3 and 7 year olds dont give a fuck who is singing a song or playing drums or guitar, or the triangle

a weekly audit of your internet history?  wtf?  lol

you broke down infront of her because you want you kids to love gnr? 

ffs you need to hand back your man card if this is for real lol

Edited by scottish nutter
  • Wow 1

48 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

is this post for real?

none of the OP's posts are for real, though he'd never admit it. his hobby is to post clown posts, not meant to be taken seriously. if you like this type of humor, it has value, if not, just don't pay too much attention to it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2024 at 6:28 PM, gunsnchalupas said:

Every Sunday, my wife and I have family funday. It's an idea we came up with where the family has a day devoted to fun. We will usually get takeout from our favourite restaurant Cracker Barrel, and rent a movie from our local video store. Unfortunately, being in a small town, most of the movies are quite old. Our children were disappointed that they did not have Kung Fu Panda 4, but we settled on Big Daddy.

For those who have never heard of the film Big Daddy, it came out back in 1999. It featured Adam Sandler (who was a comedic actor before his current fare of serious movies shedding a light on the crippling nature of gambling addictions). He adopts the kid who plays Anakin in Star Wars. My kids loved the movie. Even better, they loved the version of Sweet Child Of Mine in the film. I would be lying if I said that I didn't make them listen to the credits, just to hear it all the way through.

As a huge GNR fan, it has always been my dream that they too would fall in love with the band that captured my imagination. My wife thinks that I am getting way ahead of myself, refreshing the GNR homepage multiple times a day, seeing when the "Not Ur FN Business Back Off Bitches" tour will come to my town, so that I can have my 3 year old and 7 year old see the greatest FN rock band alive in person, in the flesh, and see why their dad has a wall full of Axl Funko Pops (he only released one but I have 20). 

While my kids have not asked about the song in the credits yet, I can tell that something has been on their mind lately, and I can only hope they are wondering about Guns N' Roses. Anticipating all the possible questions the 3 year old might ask about the MOST DANGEROUS FN BAND IN THE WORLD, I have been brushing up on my GNR history. Reading the Wikipedias, browsing old forum threads. I would be lying if I said that this didn't ruin the vibe and anticipation of the possible 2026 tour dates for the "Up Ur Ass N Around The Coroner" tour (my idea for a name, not theirs). 

My wife noticed that my usual chipper mood took a turn for the worse. After doing her weekly audit of my internet history, she approached me and asked me if it was the reason why I was upset. I'll admit I might have broken down in front of her, but I really want my children to love this band. "How do I explain to them that Steven Adler was kicked out?".

You see, my kids still live in a world of innocence. When I blasted those credits, they simply went back to their Minecraft and Jo Jo Seaweed videos. They never realized that they weren't even listening to a full recording of the original band. That drug use and personal misunderstandings resulted in Axl RERECORDING part of the song and inserting some OPERATIC vocals like some sort of Queen song or something. They don't know that Steven Adler was kicked out of the band in 1990 or drug use, and I have no idea how I am going to explain it to them.

It feels like my entire life was turned upside down. Unless I figure this out, there is no way I will be able to convince the wifey (my wife) to let us spend our vacation budget on the "Not In This Spice Time GNR In Ur FN Face N Live At The KFC Yum Center" arena show. Instead, it will be something lame again, like Santa's Village.

Please advise on how you explained to your school aged children that Steven Adler was kicked out of the band in 1990 for alleged heroin use.

Is this an AI generated topic? 

If not and yr serious.... , stop, chill out. Put on the wiggles for your children. Job done. They'll like what they like. 

• Haha 1