Released 7.19 - Fall To Pieces (Acoustic)

The bonus tracks are quality stuff for sure, I remember seeking out and downloading all of these, Libertad also has many great ones. Messages, Gas And A Dollar Laugh, Psycho Killer, all great stuff. I'd say some are better than what's on the albums.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Cool! Will this be available physically (CD)? I'd love to have Messages and Psycho Killer on Libertad. I'm a weirdo who likes Libertad a little more than Contraband. 

Same here, but also Libertad was stuck in my cars CD player for years so i became a captive audience to the album. Great songs 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Cool! Will this be available physically (CD)? I'd love to have Messages and Psycho Killer on Libertad. I'm a weirdo who likes Libertad a little more than Contraband. 

I hope it does get a CD release, but given it's only got six extra tracks (5 if you have the UK CD that had Bodies as a bonus track) I think it might stay digital only.

To be honest, having said I'd like it to get a physical release I'm not sure I'd pay full price for it just for 5 extra songs. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Not sure yet I only found out about it today https://experiencevinyl.com/products/velvet-revolver-contraband-20th-anniversary-w-autograph-vinyl-lp

Expected: 9/13/24

The first 100 to purchase will receive an invite for a virtual party with Matt on Gigaverse in November.

Includes a personality autographed 8x10 photo of Matt Sorum

BONUS TRACKS

Velvet Revolver's debut album, Contraband, was released in 2004. It mixed hard rock, grunge, and alternative metal elements to create a groundbreaking sound.

The collaboration between iconic musicians Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum of Guns N' Roses fame, alongside Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots and Dave Kushner, Brings a fusion of unparalleled talent and experience.

The 20th-anniversary edition of the album, which features the hits "Fall To Pieces," "Slither," and "Dirty Little Thing," will also include an acoustic version of "Fall To Pieces," along with five covers.

Tracks:

Side A

1. Sucker Train Blues

2. Do It For The Kids

3. Big Machine

4. Illegal i Song

5. Spectacle

Side B

1. Fall to Pieces

2. Headspace

3. Superhuman

4. Set Me Free

5. You Got No Right

Side C

1. Slither

2. Dirty Little Thing

3. Loving The Alien

4. Fall To Pieces (Acoustic Version)

5. Bodies

Side D

1. Surrender

2. No More, No More

3. Negative Creep

4. Money

Label: Sony

Don't think anything unreleased just the B sides thrown in....scary that it's been 20 years
Edited by Rindmelon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

Same here, but also Libertad was stuck in my cars CD player for years so i became a captive audience to the album. Great songs 

That happened to me with Chinese Democracy in my 2005 Ford Explorer! I replaced the radio, it's still stuck in the one I pulled. :P I'll probably smash it to get it out. 

• Haha 2

People who say it's underwhelming, what exactly are you expecting?

They sold a lot of records, but they don't exactly have the cache to market a larger box set. They were very much a fart in the wind, as shown by Libertad's abysmal sales. Vinyl is expensive to produce. There needs to be a certain level of demand to pop out a $500 box set. 

I haven't listened to the previous vinyl releases. Do they have a different master to the CD? Or are they like most catalog albums in the digital era, where it is the brickwalled master, just slightly tweaked for vinyl? I really like both their albums, but I find them difficult to listen to because of how they were mastered hot. 

I'm not gonna lie, this seems strange to me because Matt is the only one promoting it including his virtual meet & greet thing and an autographed picture. Like I could see Slash and Duff having zero idea this is even happening. Just strange it seems like Matt is the only one behind all of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jwalker19 said:

I'm not gonna lie, this seems strange to me because Matt is the only one promoting it including his virtual meet & greet thing and an autographed picture. Like I could see Slash and Duff having zero idea this is even happening. Just strange it seems like Matt is the only one behind all of this.

Slash and Duff would be over his shit. I like his drumming but hes a tosser. Its just a big cash grab from him

What ever happen to the King Of Chaos album that was ment to be coming out :awesomeface:

I

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 2

Alice in Chains vibes 

Now imagine Eric Dover on vocals and Slash actually using a proper acoustic guitar on the solos. Imagine the sound... what a crazy thing that could have been. 

Still, cool...

21 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The bonus tracks are quality stuff for sure, I remember seeking out and downloading all of these, Libertad also has many great ones. Messages, Gas And A Dollar Laugh, Psycho Killer, all great stuff. I'd say some are better than what's on the albums.

Messages is top tier

• Like 2

23 hours ago, History2010 said:

Very underwhelming for a 20th anniversary re-release. They could have at least thrown in some live tracks. 

Yeah that's what I was hoping for, some live stuff and unheard demos, like the ones that they sent to prospective singers to write with. We've already heard these "bonus tracks."

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 8:47 AM, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah that's what I was hoping for, some live stuff and unheard demos, like the ones that they sent to prospective singers to write with. We've already heard these "bonus tracks."

I'd given up hope for anything but at least it's something. 'The House is Alive' will remain 'The General' of VR. Yeah the ones they sent out to singers would have been fun. I deleted the vocals from one guys submission to make write and lay down my own. Did it for Mofo but couldn't think of anything good for the other at the time. It was on the board of the recording studio so wonder if Scott did vox or not. Those V-Logs were fun. Great promotion 

• GNFNR 1

On 7/20/2024 at 11:13 AM, History2010 said:

Very underwhelming for a 20th anniversary re-release. They could have at least thrown in some live tracks. 

Underwhelming.... This release sucks, we have all those songs already. They have an unheard/released song called, The House Is Alive and that should be on it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Underwhelming.... This release sucks, we have all those songs already. They have an unheard/released song called, The House Is Alive and that should be on it. 

According to some old articles they also recorded Tie Your Mother Down in that batch of cover songs for Contraband B Sides. They're probably saving it to milk us again for the 30th Anniversary lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

He should've put more of those old demos from when they were looking for singers, before Scott came along. They wrote a bunch of instrumentals, some of which Scott rejected. Also would love to hear the stuff with Izzy on it.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2024 at 8:47 PM, Sweersa said:

I prefer Libertard as well. The songwriting is better. 

Contraband was fun, but a bit repetitive.

And all that bragging in the band's publicity about 'yeah, we're a real motherfuckin' rock and motherfuckin' roll motherfuckin' band, you motherfuckin' motherfuckers' got a bit tiresome. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

According to some old articles they also recorded Tie Your Mother Down in that batch of cover songs for Contraband B Sides. They're probably saving it to milk us again for the 30th Anniversary lol

Now tymd w/Scott would be awesome. He was on fire during this period too.