Released 7.19 - Fall To Pieces (Acoustic)

On 7/20/2024 at 2:08 PM, gunsnchalupas said:

Messages was great. 

It would be a good candidate for GNR to re-record for their next album, since they don't write new songs, and most people outside of hardcore fans have never heard it. 

Imagine they keep it as is, with Scott on vocals but remix and master it to fit in as a hidden bonus track on the next Guns album.

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

He should've put more of those old demos from when they were looking for singers, before Scott came along. They wrote a bunch of instrumentals, some of which Scott rejected. Also would love to hear the stuff with Izzy on it.

Baz recorded a few songs with them. Would be cool to hear those, and others. I think some have surfaced over the years. There's a rough version of the third album with a different singer, but it was just demos. Nothing suitable for release was recorded. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2024 at 1:36 PM, Rindmelon said:

Not sure yet I only found out about it today https://experiencevinyl.com/products/velvet-revolver-contraband-20th-anniversary-w-autograph-vinyl-lp

Expected: 9/13/24

The first 100 to purchase will receive an invite for a virtual party with Matt on Gigaverse in November.

Includes a personality autographed 8x10 photo of Matt Sorum

BONUS TRACKS

Velvet Revolver's debut album, Contraband, was released in 2004. It mixed hard rock, grunge, and alternative metal elements to create a groundbreaking sound.

The collaboration between iconic musicians Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum of Guns N' Roses fame, alongside Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots and Dave Kushner, Brings a fusion of unparalleled talent and experience.

The 20th-anniversary edition of the album, which features the hits "Fall To Pieces," "Slither," and "Dirty Little Thing," will also include an acoustic version of "Fall To Pieces," along with five covers.

Tracks:

Side A

1. Sucker Train Blues

2. Do It For The Kids

3. Big Machine

4. Illegal i Song

5. Spectacle

Side B

1. Fall to Pieces

2. Headspace

3. Superhuman

4. Set Me Free

5. You Got No Right

Side C

1. Slither

2. Dirty Little Thing

3. Loving The Alien

4. Fall To Pieces (Acoustic Version)

5. Bodies

Side D

1. Surrender

2. No More, No More

3. Negative Creep

4. Money

Label: Sony

Don't think anything unreleased just the B sides thrown in....scary that it's been 20 years

This 20th anniversary release is super disappointing imo. The bonus tracks are stuff that's already been available online for years, no live stuff (except for one that's already been released years ago), no demos etc. Boring...

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 8:21 AM, Sweersa said:

Baz recorded a few songs with them. Would be cool to hear those, and others. I think some have surfaced over the years. There's a rough version of the third album with a different singer, but it was just demos. Nothing suitable for release was recorded. 

Yeah they recorded nine demos with Corey Taylor in 2011. Would be cool to hear those someday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah they recorded nine demos with Corey Taylor in 2011. Would be cool to hear those someday.

I would imagine some of the music for that stuff has been changed and reused as SMCK songs like how unused Snakepit tunes like Dry Jack were. I have never heard of anyone who has the Corey Taylor tracks, even your top level hoarders don't have them or if they do they don't admit to it. If they ever appear I don't think it would be from someone in the fanbase. 

• Like 1

Dover and Jackson are both incredible singers, too different to compare.

6 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

I would imagine some of the music for that stuff has been changed and reused as SMCK songs like how unused Snakepit tunes like Dry Jack were. I have never heard of anyone who has the Corey Taylor tracks, even your top level hoarders don't have them or if they do they don't admit to it. If they ever appear I don't think it would be from someone in the fanbase. 

Wait, what was Dry Jack re-used for?

5 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Dover and Jackson are both incredible singers, too different to compare.

Wait, what was Dry Jack re-used for?

My mistake i meant 99 Times not Dry Jack, 99 Times and Stone Blind have very similar intros. I think he just evolved it into Stone Blind

Edited by Rindmelon

From a Slash interview I read some time ago, the Corey Taylor recordings were rough, and are not suitable for release. I believe the project was abandoned before those ideas/songs were properly recorded. For this reason, it's unlikely they would all get back together to record them to a quality that could be released. (Unless they release them as is, as some sort of bonus material)

• Like 2

On 9/15/2024 at 12:25 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Corey would have been a much better choice than Scott for longevity purposes. Scott was definitely more of a showman, typical frontman vibe but give me Corey all day long as far as overall vocal chops. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Corey would have been a much better choice than Scott for longevity purposes. Scott was definitely more of a showman, typical frontman vibe but give me Corey all day long as far as overall vocal chops. 

I also think Corey would not have taken his foot off the gas in having the occasional pop at Axl. In that timeline Slash and Duff probably don't smooth things over with Axl and VR may still be going

3 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

I also think Corey would not have taken his foot off the gas in having the occasional pop at Axl. In that timeline Slash and Duff probably don't smooth things over with Axl and VR may still be going

I think NuGNR still woulda fallen apart in 2014, and Slash/Duff still woulda ditched Corey/Matt the moment Axl called Slash.

3 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

The VR/Corey demos were done in 2010-11 right? So Duff was already back on 'good' terms with Axl, by the end of 2011 Axl admitted a reunion would be Duff and Slash joining the current band... Corey definitely would've talked some shit, but that all goes out the window when they see that payday from Coachella.

Still, it would've been great to hear that version of 'VR'.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

My mistake i meant 99 Times not Dry Jack, 99 Times and Stone Blind have very similar intros. I think he just evolved it into Stone Blind

Eh, they're vaguely similar, but 99 Times is just vamping on G Major, whereas Stone Blind has a I-IV chord change, and is in the key of A minor. They're only really similar in that they're both clean arpeggios.

That does remind me that I wanted to record a proper version of those Snakepit songs, though.