New Jack White

ZoSoRose

Jack White released his new album today! The catch is it’s only available at one of his 3- Third Man Record stores. It was free. Im sure a wide release is coming any day, now.

Anyways, I live about 15-20 minutes from the Detroit Third Man Records so I got there 15 minutes before close and got one!

I will tell you, if you dig Jack, you will fucking love this record. It is a no filler all- out rock album. Sounds like his old White Stripes days.

It is probably my favorite album of original music in 2024 so far

Been on a Jack and WS kick lately. Just saw him do a small set at the Live in Detroit concert and he blew me away. I also saw him in a big arena in 2018 but I preferred the shirt and to- the- point set as it was just balls to the wall. Would love to see him in a smaller venue. Maybe he will tour the new record!

Anyways, I hope this is on Spotify soon. I don’t even know the song names as the record and jacket are blank

• Like 3

Absolutely loved this release plan. One of my dreams is to, someday, release an album only on vinyl and on a limited run, like 100 copies, or something. He did the closest thing to that I’ve seen from a big artist. I mean… Sleep released an EP but it was two demos and a love cover so it wasn’t really the same thing.

Very cool album. I still prefer his last one, Entering Heaven Alive, though. That was amazing. This one is different though, much more rock-oriented. Needs a few more listens.

As one cohesive album, this will definitely be my favorite of the year. It is fantastic. I like it more than Slash's album (which I also really enjoy), even. 

The tones are perfect for these songs. He nails every guitar sound. Drums are killer, too. There is a sense of fun and excitement throughout the record while maintaining a classic, garage sound. I have been on a big Jack White and White Stripes kick this summer, and this just shoots it into space. I heard this will get a wide release in August. If you replaced the drums with Meg's playing, these songs could easily make up a modern- day White Stripes record, and a really strong one at that. 

If you are a fan of blues and garage rock or Jack White, this one is a must. It is my favorite JW solo effort for sure

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

As one cohesive album, this will definitely be my favorite of the year. It is fantastic. I like it more than Slash's album (which I also really enjoy), even. 

The tones are perfect for these songs. He nails every guitar sound. Drums are killer, too. There is a sense of fun and excitement throughout the record while maintaining a classic, garage sound. I have been on a big Jack White and White Stripes kick this summer, and this just shoots it into space. I heard this will get a wide release in August. If you replaced the drums with Meg's playing, these songs could easily make up a modern- day White Stripes record, and a really strong one at that. 

If you are a fan of blues and garage rock or Jack White, this one is a must. It is my favorite JW solo effort for sure

My favorite albums this year so far are Lenny Kravtiz’s Blue Electric Light, Slash’s Orgy of the Damned, and now this. Not sure what order I’d rank those three in just yet.

Need to revisit Jack’s other solo albums to see how this stacks against those too. I think Blunderbuss is still my favorite of his, but this could be a very close second.

On 7/26/2024 at 1:21 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Need to revisit Jack’s other solo albums to see how this stacks against those too. I think Blunderbuss is still my favorite of his, but this could be a very close second.

I really like Fear of the Dawn, too. New one is my favorite, though 

• Like 1

This album has really grown on me! Definitely my favorite of 2024 now, and also my favorite Jack White album in general now. All of his stuff is good for the most part, but this is the closest he’s ever come to recapturing that White Stripes feel (by design, of course, but still worth noting).

• 4 weeks later...

So the No Name tour is insane! If it wasn't for getting locked out I would think it would be one of the greatest rock tours in recent memories! Random show drops in miniscule venues! Will call only and zero scalping so only fans get to go for the most part. Killer setlists and he and the band sound amazing. Fucking killer! The only issue is that it is nearly impossible to get into a show!

He played St. Andrews here in Detroit a few months back. Only 1,000 people fit in there. I didn't get in. Went to the venue thinking I would and still didn't have a prayer. Hung out with other rejects and had a blast! We listened to the show from the parking lot. Jack came out at the end and I got to shake his hand and meet him for a sec. That made up for it... almost. Told him I couldn't get in! :lol:

Now the crazy motherfucker announced he is playing at The Blind Pig. That venue is tiny. So tiny that my band has even packed it... and I am a nobody! That show will be incredible, and I am luckily out of town so I have an excuse not to feel bad about not going! He is also playing a local, free festival the next day with a local band he has connections with. I'll go to that!

What a crazy and cool dude, he is

• Like 1