Nuguns Members you'd love to see perform with Guns N'Roses again? šŸ¤”šŸ˜€šŸ’”

Nuguns Members you'd love to see perform with Guns N'Roses again? šŸ¤”šŸ˜€šŸ’”  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A few of my new Guns N'Roses Threads have been duds and got closed just hours later. This thread, this thread here is the one that's a good idea Thread.šŸ˜€

Ā 

I think a LOT of Guns N'Roses Fans would like to see Robin Finch and Buckethead perform with Guns N'Roses again. šŸ˜€I think Gilby Clarke is Nuguns too, and I think a LOT of Guns N'Roses Fans would love to see Gilby perform with Guns N'Roses again. šŸ˜€

Edited by Karice

Honestly, I have fond memories and enjoy the NuGNR era, but it should stay in the past. The fact that they even do Chinese songs (regardless of if you like the Slash/Duff versions or not), have Richard, Frank, and Dizzy still in the band, and are putting out leftover NuGNR tracks out as "new" songs are all more than enough of a nod to that era. I personally don't need to see any of the other NuGNR guys guesting. They all moved on with that chapter in their lives and it would probably be weird to see Robin or Bucket jump up on stage. Bucket won't even acknowledge he was in the band, and Robin probably got his closure by playing a song in 2012. The only one I would really be all- for was if Brian had to fill- in or replace Frank for some reason.Ā 

It would always be nice to see Steven, Izzy, Matt, or Gilby for a song or two since the reunion is a nod to the classic era, but I don't even foresee that. Adler managed to bring a lot of baggage in 2016. I don't blame him, he seems to still have demons and he was probably beyond hurt he wasn't included more, but I also can't fault Axl and the guys for caving. The guy seems like an invitation for difficulties. It was nice to see him get a few songs in with his old band, though.Ā 

More guest spots would be fun, but truthfully it isn't worth anyone in the band's time. Having Izzy or Adler pop up again for guest spots would drum up an UltimateClassicRock headline, but most people would not care. They mightĀ be able to milk an AFD5 reunion for some additional buzz, but the main hype train left the station in 2016. The draw for most is to see Axl and Slash up there playing nostalgic, hit GNR songs in stadiums and arenas with the old bullet logo plastered everywhere. Having another original like Duff helps sell the illusion of it being like the old days, but the truth is he isn't even "essential" for the touring juggernaut.Ā In hindsight, it is hard to argue with the NITL lineup. This has been the longest going band lineup, ever. Axl, Slash, and Duff seem to have found a great professional groove for getting the job done with a solid and reliable backing band. Even NuGNR had its share of drama among musicians. As much as we all wanted Adler and Izzy involved more, who knows how that would have changed the dynamics. Based on the aftermath of 2016, Adler would have probably fallen apart with all the pressure, and who knows if Izzy would have been steady enough for the amount of shows they do.

In 2016, they could have kept Frank and Richard and had Izzy and Adler up there, still. The Who, Pink Floyd, Stones, Eagles, etc. have all toured with large ensembles and multiple drummers, but the chemistry could have been off, and Axl, Slash, and Duff probably figured "why bother?" Same goes for Slash and Duff stirring the pot to lobby for Sorum. Why rattle the cage when they could go with a reliable, Axl- guy and "yes man" like Frank? Their goal was to turn this into a massive, reliable touring juggernaut that would print money. They achieved that in spades with essentially zero controversy since 2016. It is an impressive feat considering their history. Plenty of other massive bands still manage to fall apart at the seams late in the game. Look at Fleetwood Mac, Kiss, Motley Crue, and more. It all seemed to work out for the best for GNR.Ā 

It is still a shame about Izzy, but what can ya do?

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rindmelon said:

I'd love to see Fink & Bucket again but I doubt that will happen Tommy too, Gilby is oldguns UYI tour era but would be cool to see him & Slash do Wild Horses again

Yikes, I mixed up a Use Your Illusions era Member with Nuguns Member era. ā˜¢ļø Hides under bed covers in shame. šŸ›ļø ā˜¢ļø

• Haha 2

The only one I could actually see happening is Stinson replacing Duff for a few shows if he was unable to play a few for some reason. Like how Izzy filled in for Gilby after his bike crash or duff filled in for Tommy in 2014 when he had stuff going on

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

The only one I could actually see happening is Stinson replacing Duff for a few shows if he was unable to play a few for some reason. Like how Izzy filled in for Gilby after his bike crash or duff filled in for Tommy in 2014 when he had stuff going on

I think same situation could probably happen with Brain replacing Frank

• Like 1

Even though I did like some members of that era, I don't see a real reason to have them back.

Bumblefoot had his moments, but with Slash on stage there's really no point of him being there. Tommy could guest on some shows just for fun. But again, I prefer Duff being there.

• Like 1

For the exact reasons it was kind of cool to see Slash and Duff rejoin the band and play Paradise City and Sweet Child, it would be kind of cool to see Robin, Paul, Bucket, Tommy and Josh return to play songs they wrote. No, it would be more than kind of cool, it would be great.Ā 

• Like 1

If Sorum and Gilby are getting an offer about joining the guys on the stage, then I don't see any reason why the guys that were all over a GNR album shouldn't receive the same offer. Would personally love to see Stinson and Axl share a stage together again...and Finck, Bucket, PHT, Brain...

Ā 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Karice said:

A few of my new Guns N'Roses Threads have been duds and got closed just hours later. This thread, this thread here is the one that's a good idea Thread.šŸ˜€

Ā 

I think a LOT of Guns N'Roses Fans would like to see Robin Finch and Buckethead perform with Guns N'Roses again. šŸ˜€I think Gilby Clarke is Nuguns too, and I think a LOT of Guns N'Roses Fans would love to see Gilby perform with Guns N'Roses again. šŸ˜€

With all due respect, you don't need to keep starting new threads just for the sake of it. People start threads to discuss topics they are genuinely interested in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

With all due respect, you don't need to keep starting new threads just for the sake of it. People start threads to discuss topics they are genuinely interested in.

I don't try to start new threads for the sake of it. I try to start threads that I think are a good idea, but they end up being closed just hours later. For instance, I started a thread about MYGNR Forum Posters Guns N'Roses/Axl Rose Fan Selfies, I honestly thought it was a good idea, that lots of Posters would post their Guns N'Roses/Axl Rose Selfies, but that thread got only like three replies and then was closed just a few hours later.Ā  Funny thing is that thread was meant to make up for a thread I started called,"Most weirdest Guns N'Roses/Axl Rose threads you have started? And I posted about when I made a thread about William Rose and Axl Rose being Brothers. That thread was closed quickly with no responses except for a "Pointless Thread, locked," reply..

It would be cool to see NuGuns back as a side project in a similar vein to the Conspirators, touring when GN'R is off the road.

But otherwise no, we don't need to see any of them ever again. The band we have now is the band it always should have been, and what it would have been if Slash and Duff never left.