Nuguns Members you'd love to see perform with Guns N'Roses again? šŸ¤”šŸ˜€šŸ’”

Nuguns Members you'd love to see perform with Guns N'Roses again? šŸ¤”šŸ˜€šŸ’”  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Robin of course because he was the legitimate Slash replacement and I love his energy and style,
but more realistically Brain because he was the best GNR drummer and that's a real shame he left.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Two pages and no one mentioned DJ Ashba.

LMAO! šŸ¤£šŸ˜€ Well, that's a given, the majority of Guns N'Roses Fans consider DJ Ashba to be a mistake! šŸ˜šŸ˜‰

Edited by Karice

7 hours ago, Karice said:

I don't try to start new threads for the sake of it. I try to start threads that I think are a good idea, but they end up being closed just hours later. For instance, I started a thread about MYGNR Forum Posters Guns N'Roses/Axl Rose Fan Selfies, I honestly thought it was a good idea, that lots of Posters would post their Guns N'Roses/Axl Rose Selfies, but that thread got only like three replies and then was closed just a few hours later.Ā  Funny thing is that thread was meant to make up for a thread I started called,"Most weirdest Guns N'Roses/Axl Rose threads you have started? And I posted about when I made a thread about William Rose and Axl Rose being Brothers. That thread was closed quickly with no responses except for a "Pointless Thread, locked," reply..

Threads are closed because there would be little if any response or just abuse aimed at you for starting yet another pointless thread. Also a majority of posters prefer not to post pics of themselves.Ā 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

It would be cool to see NuGuns back as a side project in a similar vein to the Conspirators, touring when GN'R is off the road.

But otherwise no, we don't need to see any of them ever again. The band we have now is the band it always should have been, and what it would have been if Slash and Duff never left.

Ā 

People say stuff like this but it ignores the reality that the only reason NuGNR was financially feasible was because they had the GNR name to draw off of. Axl isn't paying a full band to play in front of smaller audiences. He isn't getting the label support to make an album how he wants to make it without it being a GNR project.

NuGNR were never a traditional band of guys who got together. It was a pieced together project that required a lot of resources to maintain and get off the ground.

The coolest thing would be to see Axl start an actual band where it's just him and his guys making whatever music they can make. Go into a studio for 2 months, write an album, and record whatever they have. Him, Paul Tobias, and Fernando on tambourine. Just fucking do it.

The closest possible thing to NuGNR running in parallel would have been back in 2016 if they embraced GNR as more of a musical collective where all the guys involved with it could come and go as wanted or needed, and they actually tried to release albums that featured everybody to some extent. That would have been a way that would have folded the NuGNR era in as close to seamlessly as possible to the old band, without it seeming counterfeit as it does now when Slash and Duff ironically cover songs by a band that was mocked as being a cover band of Slash and Duff's old material. It also would address the very real possibility that Slash or Axl might slip in the shower and no longer be able to tour or play, and gives Axl a more legitimate way to possibly sub someone in for Slash in the future, or Slash a more legitimate justification for putting Myles Kennedy in a kilt and having him sing Better.

The problem with the above idea where GNR is a musical collective is that it only works if they release music, which didn't happen until nearly a decade after the reunion.Ā 

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2024 at 9:10 PM, janrichmond said:

Threads are closed because there would be little if any response or just abuse aimed at you for starting yet another pointless thread. Also a majority of posters prefer not to post pics of themselves.Ā 

Hmm, good point about Posters not wanting to post pictures of themselves. šŸ¤”šŸ’” Thank you for preventing me from getting abused . šŸ¤”šŸ’”šŸ˜€Ā šŸ’”šŸ¤”

Edited by Karice

9 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Ā 

People say stuff like this but it ignores the reality that the only reason NuGNR was financially feasible was because they had the GNR name to draw off of. Axl isn't paying a full band to play in front of smaller audiences. He isn't getting the label support to make an album how he wants to make it without it being a GNR project.

NuGNR were never a traditional band of guys who got together. It was a pieced together project that required a lot of resources to maintain and get off the ground.

The coolest thing would be to see Axl start an actual band where it's just him and his guys making whatever music they can make. Go into a studio for 2 months, write an album, and record whatever they have. Him, Paul Tobias, and Fernando on tambourine. Just fucking do it.

The closest possible thing to NuGNR running in parallel would have been back in 2016 if they embraced GNR as more of a musical collective where all the guys involved with it could come and go as wanted or needed, and they actually tried to release albums that featured everybody to some extent. That would have been a way that would have folded the NuGNR era in as close to seamlessly as possible to the old band, without it seeming counterfeit as it does now when Slash and Duff ironically cover songs by a band that was mocked as being a cover band of Slash and Duff's old material. It also would address the very real possibility that Slash or Axl might slip in the shower and no longer be able to tour or play, and gives Axl a more legitimate way to possibly sub someone in for Slash in the future, or Slash a more legitimate justification for putting Myles Kennedy in a kilt and having him sing Better.

The problem with the above idea where GNR is a musical collective is that it only works if they release music, which didn't happen until nearly a decade after the reunion.Ā 

It wasn't a serious idea šŸ˜‚ Even so, Slash has never had a problem selling out arenas without the GN'R name. 'Axl Rose' could easily do the same.

Ā 

Also, your last point contradicts itself. GN'R worked perfectly fine without recording new music. As you say, it took years, but in thise years they were still touring and selling out stadiums. It clearly works without new material.

Edited by DoMw94

7 hours ago, Karice said:

Hmm, good point about Posters not wanting to post pictures of themselves. šŸ¤”šŸ’” Thank you for preventing me from getting abused . šŸ¤”šŸ’”šŸ˜€

This is where you should have stopped writing.

You really don't need to mention what others have said on another forum because it adds nothing to the post. Try and just post your opinion and forget about other peoples quotes.

Hope this helps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, janrichmond said:

This is where you should have stopped writing.

You really don't need to mention what others have said on another forum because it adds nothing to the post. Try and just post your opinion and forget about other peoples quotes.

Hope this helps

It does help. I deleted most of that post. šŸ˜€

• Like 1

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought "It would be amazing to see Buckethead join them to rip 'There Was A Time'", and then I quickly remembered that Axl would sound terrible so it don't really matterĀ :lol:

On 7/22/2024 at 1:49 AM, Chuerta86 said:

I'd love to see Robin and Bucket head play the Chinese songs with the solos as intended, This I Love and Prostitute would be *chef kiss*

That whole period of downloading and burning bootleg from that era and hearing the songs as they evolved before CD was released was pretty special.

Add Josh Freese, plus Billy Howerdel

5 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Imagine buckethead and Slash duel shredding to the Nightrain outro soloĀ :jerkoff: id cream everywhereĀ 

That would sound awesome! šŸ˜€ Buckethead was truly a Treasured gem in Nuguns. šŸ˜€

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 12:02 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Honestly, I have fond memories and enjoy the NuGNR era, but it should stay in the past. The fact that they even do Chinese songs (regardless of if you like the Slash/Duff versions or not), have Richard, Frank, and Dizzy still in the band, and are putting out leftover NuGNR tracks out as "new" songs are all more than enough of a nod to that era. I personally don't need to see any of the other NuGNR guys guesting. They all moved on with that chapter in their lives and it would probably be weird to see Robin or Bucket jump up on stage. Bucket won't even acknowledge he was in the band, and Robin probably got his closure by playing a song in 2012. The only one I would really be all- for was if Brian had to fill- in or replace Frank for some reason.Ā 

Couldn't agree more. "...it should stay in the past".

NewGnr was a big missed opportunity for Axl to start a fresh solo career that could potentially get even bigger than GNR or at least make its own unique large fanbase (Like Foo Fighter by Dave Grohl).

None of the NewGnr members fit to the current GN'R format.

Ā 

You know what, I chatted to DJ Ashba at front row of a Guns gig. Nice guy. Great guitar player. Had the right tone for GNR. Made some mistakes/gaffs obviously, but so did Slash back in the day!

Ā 

so yeah, Iā€™ll give DJ Ashba a shout out.

Ā 

Axl likes him for a reason.Ā 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, D4NNY said:

Robin Finch and Ron Thai.. you crack me up Karice šŸ˜‚

I made a mistake. Ron Thai is Bumblefoot. IIRC, different links wereĀ Ā calling Bumblefoot and Ron Thai two different people. šŸ¤”šŸ’”
Ā 

Edited by Karice