Axl Rose at Billy Joel concert

K12, congratulations on this thread getting to TWO pages literally overnight! 😀💡 When you started this thread, TWO HOURS went by without anyone else posting, and now it's gotten a LOT of traction overnight, a literal overnight success! 😀💡 AND there are 13 Posters recently browsing! 😀💡 Congratulations! 😀💡

Edited by Karice
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Well I hope they were taking this year off and Axl would get vocal surgery or something and recover. I see that’s not the case. Sounding as weak as ever.

Yeah, this is just the way he sounds now. :/

• Sad 2

Good to see, should do more guesting. Obv his voice is shot on high pitch and rasp, has been since 2018/19. That's never coming back. But he sounds perfect in the lower key. If there is any new (LOL) material ever written and sung in studio, it'll most likely be in that register, maybe sprinkled with the leftover vocals from 98-2007 period when he could still sing that way. That's fine with me

• Like 4

This performance is pleasant to hear when you take it at face value. Just the Axl of today singing with his voice of today, being in tune and in time. Cool.
The worry kicks in when you realize this might be his voice's starting point on the rumoured upcoming tour, getting tired and deteriorating as the shows go by.
He will always sound decent in 2-3 songs after a break, just as he did some semi-raspy Jungle with Underwood last year.
Overall, good thing. Liked his presence and the lower-tone song. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VeeR said:

He has been resting for the past 9-10 months. It just father time taking its toll on his upper vocals.

It's just father "wasting 8 years on the essentially same tour and giving the best to a different band 8 yrs ago" taking its toll, but whatever. : ) 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Good to see, should do more guesting. Obv his voice is shot on high pitch and rasp, has been since 2018/19. That's never coming back. But he sounds perfect in the lower key. If there is any new (LOL) material ever written and sung in studio, it'll most likely be in that register, maybe sprinkled with the leftover vocals from 98-2007 period when he could still sing that way. That's fine with me

He really should sing as much as possible with the lower voice, the old stuff as well. 

• Like 3

Well you have to take this at face value. This is a pretty off the cuff type performance, it definitely doesn't sound jaw dropping good, it's also not bad. I'm pretty sure Axl more warmed up could sing any of these songs better

Highway to Hell & Live & Let Die certainly didn't impress me.

I only listened to a short bit of the Joel tune but Axl sounded better on that. I'll have to listen in full with better attention later.

• Like 1

His high voice is absolutely Mickeyed...there's no way that getting better at this point. 

He just sung 3 songs and there's not a hint of rasp in any word. 

Then again, with Axl you never know. He is the GOAT for me, and he has proved me wrong in the past.

I just hope his Love to Love adds some rasp to his mid-upper register. The same with any new song that may come out.

ALL THAT SAID, its nice to see him having a good time, after all, he is a living legend that will surpass his life. 

• Like 1