Axl Rose at Billy Joel concert

6 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Lol bashing Axl but asking for JBJ, ironic 

Yup, I am sure this is par for the course for the Post, not exactly known for their journalistic integrity or particularly accurate researching.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Admins please delete this. Triple posted for some odd reason

I had a post do a post FIVE times. 😱😳😐😵‍💫🤨I wasn't able to edit out that post, but luckily I was able to hide the post. 😀

20 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

If nobody told you Axl guested on You May Be Right would you honestly even know it’s him… ?

Would as soon as it got to the Led Zeppelin breakdown in the middle. 

Otherwise. Not really 

4 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

https://nypost.com/2024/07/26/entertainment/billy-joel-says-goodbye-to-his-madison-square-garden-residency-going-down-as-a-one-man-franchise/

It would’ve been nice to hear Joel at least croon his great new tune “Turn the Lights Back On,” his first new single in what feels like 100 years, which was released five months ago

But perhaps the biggest disappointment was the strange special guest Axl Rose, who wailed the Guns n’ Roses classic “Live and Let Die” (well) and the AC/DC one “Highway to Hell” (not so well), then returned for a “You May Be Right” encore with Joel.

Where was Paul McCartney? Where was Elton John? Where was freaking Jon Bon Jovi?

Yes, it is the review i read. Is very harsh with Axl.

15 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Guys when this got going it's pretty decent! 

BUT Axl forgot which artist he duet'd with to promote his upcoming September single! 🙄

I guess promo starts now! Maybe he could actually perform his cut live in a couple of months? 

I like the later half energy here and just nice to see him and Billy have a blast and continue their friendship! Slash has had one impact on Axl since reunion, he's shown him what a guest spot is 😝

Axl sound great ! Night and day like he sounded in LLD.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Man Axl commands every stage he's on ... But oh boy were those screams weak ... I don't think I've ever heard such flat and lacking power LALD screams before ... 

13 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I wasn't that impressed with the vocal performance, but then again, Axl probably didn't do the hours-long warm up routine he would ordinarily do for GN'R shows. He was probably going on stage cold, which of course makes his voice weaker.

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He was at soundcheck and everything... this is just how he sounds now.

GTYQ59sXsAAswnD?format=jpg&name=medium

It's pretty common for Axl in recent years to sound like this after a long hiatus, he now needs more time to get into the groove vocally.

Todays Axl sounds worst in between tours, he needs more than one soundcheck to sound good, he spends more time preparing for tours, but again he needs a couple of shows to get into the right rhythm vocally.

When the 2025 tour starts, I don't think there will be too much difference from his singing in 2023. 

i always tried to defend him and his performances, but i can't anymore. clean voice is unbearable for me now. low voice is beautiful. i can't imagine listening to such weak vocals for 3 hours again. i thought it was fatigue from the concert tour, but his voice is just gone.I have to admit with a huge pain in my heart that Axl is the weakest cell at the moment in the band.either they really should record something that axl can sing, or you have to know when to leave the stage undefeated.:(

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Politania said:

i always tried to defend him and his performances, but i can't anymore. clean voice is unbearable for me now. low voice is beautiful. i can't imagine listening to such weak vocals for 3 hours again. i thought it was fatigue from the concert tour, but his voice is just gone.I have to admit with a huge pain in my heart that Axl is the weakest cell at the moment in the band.either they really should record something that axl can sing, or you have to know when to leave the stage undefeated.:(

Axl's voice is not gone, it is a lot weaker. there's a difference. he's also older and probably didn't sing for a long time until this guest spot.

there's no need to defend anything. Axl is just not on the same level anymore and considering the way he treated his voice during his career as a singer, it's not surprising. it's also common among hard rock singers to lose ability in their 60's.

I don't know why there's a need to leave the stage "undefeated". if he wanted to do that/cared about quitting when he was still a monster vocalist, he would have done it years ago.

this is what he does and as long as he enjoys it and others are still willing to attend his shows, why should he stop doing what gives him satisfation/more money? should he sit on his ass and not perform anymore just cause he's not as good? don't know about that.

18 minutes ago, Politania said:

Lighten up man. The guy sang a couple of songs with a mate on stage while on a break from his day job.. 

Some of you read far to much into things.. 

From this public appearance lasting less than 30mins, we have everything from needing to have throat surgery, to issues with his weight, to the way he sounds, to this appearance being the end of Axl Rose singing career. 

I don't think Axl Rose is the one with issues and he looks happy and content in life,

Some people on this forum don't seem to be happy with anything in life... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Lighten up man. The guy sang a couple of songs with a mate on stage while on a break from his day job.. 

From this public appearance lasting less than 30mins, we have everything from needing to have throat surgery, to issues with his weight, to the way he sounds, to this appearance being the end of Axl Rose singing career. 

I don't think Axl Rose is the one with issues and he looks happy and content in life,

I'm happy with my life and I'm not complaining on this forum. my assessment/speech is not  about this one performance but in general and as a whole. I'm also glad that Axl seems to be happy and he  enjoys the performances. I said somethingthat fans are  constantly talking about on this forum, that it's not the same voice as before and that's it.I personally accept that he sings in clean voice (for various reasons), but let's face it, it's not something you listen to with pleasure.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Axl's voice is not gone, it is a lot weaker. there's a difference. he's also older and probably didn't sing for a long time until this guest spot.

there's no need to defend anything. Axl is just not on the same level anymore and considering the way he treated his voice during his career as a singer, it's not surprising. it's also common among hard rock singers to lose ability in their 60's.

I don't know why there's a need to leave the stage "undefeated". if he wanted to do that/cared about quitting when he was still a monster vocalist, he would have done it years ago.

this is what he does and as long as he enjoys it and others are still willing to attend his shows, why should he stop doing what gives him satisfation/more money? should he sit on his ass and not perform anymore just cause he's not as good? don't know about that.

remember or look up all those nasty comments about Mickey Mouse when GNR was on tour. I defended him because it's sad to read things like that, so I'm not the only one who feels this way about Axl.

• Like 1

Why does Axl insist on using falsetto on LALD? Just save the rasp for the screams and do the rest of the song in the low register.

otherwise, cool moment and Axl looks pretty good. You May Be Right is a nice surprise that sounds good.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

I agree, not every performance has to be dissected. There was good and bad moments, why dwell on all the bad points. 

Don't get me wrong, when he's on tour with GNR and blowing chunks on the regular then he deserves the wrath of the fans. Not being at your best is one thing, but continually not being at your best and charging top price is a whole other story. This was an unannounced special guest slot, we can all lighten up.