Axl Rose at Billy Joel concert

6 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

I don't think Axl Rose is the one with issues and he looks happy and content in life,

Some people on this forum don't seem to be happy with anything in life... 

Says the person who only logs on just to lecture people here about how much they suck? Lol

I don't even disagree that people can be hyperbolic about Axl's voice but it doesn't scream "content with a happy life" if someone only posts on this forum long rants about their issues GNR fans here lol.  Do you ever log on just to chat and have fun?

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Man Axl commands every stage he's on ... But oh boy were those screams weak ... I don't think I've ever heard such flat and lacking power LALD screams before ... 

His definately been far worse

9 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

We know the positive path forward....somebody tough needs to say "look Ax...vocal surgery OR change to this style!?!" "That's your options homeboy"

His surrounded himself with yes men though and anyone that will provide him real feedback is booted

Edited by vloors

18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

As long as he doesn't sound like Berlin 2018 or something, the usual people will defend him - he's in his sixties, his vocal style was tough, at least he seems happy, blah blah blah. Ignoring the points and complaining about haters.

Like I said earlier in the thread, it was probably a cool guest appearance to see live. He didn't sound good, but it was a fun appearance that overall doesn't really matter. For a guy that's famously reclusive it's cool to see him jam with a friend, he made a funny comment after HTH (I think?) about Billy asking when they met each other.

But his highs are shot. That's the reality. Obviously when he does something like this, people will comment on that and make valid criticisms. Someone made a post in the general musings thread about wanting people to always defend Axl/GNR like Halestorm fans do, and that's such a weird concept to me. If people just want a circlejerk, I hear HTGTH is still active :lol:

Untitled.png

It is not so much defending him as it is apathy to the fact that he is what he is at this point. 

• Like 1

I often get old videos of Axl/GNR  that pop up on my FB page.

It is very hard to watch Axl today to see him struggle. Yes, he is doing his best but he is a shell of the once "best frontman on the planet "

And then I get pissed that he wasted 15 years of his absolute prime being a recluse and not taking the Chinese Democracy sessions seriously. 

Why not seriously. ....because it ONLY produced ONE album in 31 years.

And then I get REALLY PISSED that we have ZERO albums from the reunited group...and that was 8 years ago!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

I often get old videos of Axl/GNR  that pop up on my FB page.

It is very hard to watch Axl today to see him struggle. Yes, he is doing his best but he is a shell of the once "best frontman on the planet "

And then I get pissed that he wasted 15 years of his absolute prime being a recluse and not taking the Chinese Democracy sessions seriously. 

Why not seriously. ....because it ONLY produced ONE album in 31 years.

And then I get REALLY PISSED that we have ZERO albums from the reunited group...and that was 8 years ago!

I suggested on here that Axl and the rest of Current Guns N'Roses pass the torch/baton to a new and up and coming Rock Band, say a Rock Band who are all currently around 24 and  mentor them and I got ragged and dragged so harshly for my suggestion. ☢️😵‍💫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Politania said:

i always tried to defend him and his performances, but i can't anymore. clean voice is unbearable for me now. low voice is beautiful. i can't imagine listening to such weak vocals for 3 hours again. i thought it was fatigue from the concert tour, but his voice is just gone.I have to admit with a huge pain in my heart that Axl is the weakest cell at the moment in the band.either they really should record something that axl can sing, or you have to know when to leave the stage undefeated.:(

I'm surprised Axl is so willing to play live as much as he is. If I were him, I would have just stopped doing live shows once the voice went clean in 2000, only release studio recordings where you can piece together every bit of rasp into a frankenstein, and then do a few sporadic live shows when your voice happens to sound good, like 2006 and 2009. Nobody knows you're losing your voice and it builds up an insane rockstar mystery around you. Or just bow out like Robert Plant to save your legacy.

I would personally be embarrassed to go out sounding like that, but I still saw them in 2019 and had a good time anyway.

He should use some distortion on his mic, at least. There has to be some kind of plugin that can add rasp to vocals by now.

Edited by evilfacelessturtle
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 3:43 PM, Georgina Arriaga said:

He went to NYC with that useless Nando, that I thought It was very Far away in Japan, Vannesa, the husband, the trainer AND Mike Mayhue, and I Guess Beta. It was the full Monty.

Mike Mayhue was there? That's weird. Unless Duff was there, and even then it would be a little out of the ordinary. But since Axl was performing I would fully expect Tom Mayhue to be there.

I still think there's something to the fact that he does have a little bit of that rasp left in humid climates.

When he played in Houston - Minute Maid Park and NRG, he  killed it.  This has been discussed A LOT (best performance on the 2016 and 2023 tours). Those venues had high indoor humidity levels ..lots of outside air seeps in.

MSG is a smaller basketball arena and is air conditioned for no humidity.

I'm not even joking but if Axl wants to squeeze out a few more high performance years...he should set up a residency in Houston...or rotate between Houston - New Orleans - Miami (high humidity Big cities).

Las Vegas is the WORST location for his voice condition.

Edited by Illusion1987
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Karice said:

I suggested on here that Axl and the rest of Current Guns N'Roses pass the torch/baton to a new and up and coming Rock Band, say a Rock Band who are all currently around 24 and  mentor them and I got ragged and dragged so harshly for my suggestion. ☢️😵‍💫

Do you ever think before you type and post? As others have said, just because you think it, doesn’t mean it always needs to be posted. What’s it bringing to the current discussion? Also I swear if I see you say “ragged and dragged” one more time, I will block yo’ ass in a heartbeat. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

As long as he doesn't sound like Berlin 2018 or something, the usual people will defend him - he's in his sixties, his vocal style was tough, at least he seems happy, blah blah blah. Ignoring the points and complaining about haters.

Like I said earlier in the thread, it was probably a cool guest appearance to see live. He didn't sound good, but it was a fun appearance that overall doesn't really matter. For a guy that's famously reclusive it's cool to see him jam with a friend, he made a funny comment after HTH (I think?) about Billy asking when they met each other.

But his highs are shot. That's the reality. Obviously when he does something like this, people will comment on that and make valid criticisms. Someone made a post in the general musings thread about wanting people to always defend Axl/GNR like Halestorm fans do, and that's such a weird concept to me. If people just want a circlejerk, I hear HTGTH is still active :lol:

*Goes to YouTube Berlin 2018. Will return later....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Karice said:

Because it's a dumb idea. You can't just say "this is guns n roses" and have people accept it, even Axl struggled to pull this off and he's the voice of the band.

If members gradually retire and eventually there's no originals left that can sometimes work like Skynyrd or Foreigner but that's quite different than what you suggested.

2 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

They will continue to tour until the $ isn’t there to put on the show. Axl isn’t 25, 35 or even 45 anymore. Yeah, it’s probably not 1991, 2006 or whatever year/tour you believe his best vocal performances, etc…People get older. Life happens. Father Time is undefeated. However there’s no one out there that is going to give you his type of performance for a big rock show. He’s unique on that front and is still around to give it his best effort on any given night 

Maybe there will be a new album and be a creative entity again. Maybe whatever is left in “the vault” gets released over time 

One day it will be over though. No more shows, no more songs to go alongside a tour, album or reissue. Maybe the albums get re-released on some new format and get remastered for the upteenth time

Enjoy it while it’s here is my advice

you are right in what you wrote. My point is that clean voice is becoming more and more difficult to accept, because Axl's stage performances and what kind of frontman he is are unquestionable. he is phenomenal. I would prefer him to sing in a minimally clean voice, because this voice simply does not suit Guns' songs anymore. on the last reunion tours I had a good time because I could see them and I was very happy, but I wasn't deaf when Axl sang clean voice and it was hard to listen to it at times. Getting older sucks.  I hope he's happy man :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Politania said:

you are right in what you wrote. My point is that clean voice is becoming more and more difficult to accept, because Axl's stage performances and what kind of frontman he is are unquestionable. he is phenomenal. I would prefer him to sing in a minimally clean voice, because this voice simply does not suit Guns' songs anymore. on the last reunion tours I had a good time because I could see them and I was very happy, but I wasn't deaf when Axl sang clean voice and it was hard to listen to it at times. Getting older sucks.  I hope he's happy man :)

I don't care about the rasp so much. I could deal with clean vocals. But they have got to be powerful and not a whisper of a falsetto. 

I actually thought he was a bit more powerful here, but also he was struggling coming out of phrases like he was completely out of breath. 

He's never going to hire a coach/therapist to whip his vocals back into shape though, so at this point it's just acceptance that if you see him live you might get a few glimpses at the singer he once was but for the majority of the show he's going to be a bit weak. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

They will continue to tour until the $ isn’t there to put on the show. Axl isn’t 25, 35 or even 45 anymore. Yeah, it’s probably not 1991, 2006 or whatever year/tour you believe his best vocal performances, etc…People get older. Life happens. Father Time is undefeated. However there’s no one out there that is going to give you his type of performance for a big rock show. He’s unique on that front and is still around to give it his best effort on any given night 

Maybe there will be a new album and be a creative entity again. Maybe whatever is left in “the vault” gets released over time 

One day it will be over though. No more shows, no more songs to go alongside a tour, album or reissue. Maybe the albums get re-released on some new format and get remastered for the upteenth time

Enjoy it while it’s here is my advice

Very true. I'm determined to see AC/DC if they tour the US because they can only continue so much longer at this point. I can quibble with the setlist or Brian using the teleprompter too much, but I'd regret it if I didn't see them. I regret not seeing the reunited GNR until 2019. A show with Axl's 2016 voice would have been a lifetime memory. Regardless, that 2019 show was still likely better than anything I'll hear after it. The time is always now.