Axl Rose at Billy Joel concert

Just now, Dean said:

Fucking hell, you made quick work of that!! Thanks as always for all you do!

Thanks man. I had most video's for that gig ripped already as I wanted to do the whole show, there's not enough decent footage of the other songs however, guess everyone pulled out there phone's when Axl came on.

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2024 at 10:12 AM, Illusion1987 said:

I still think there's something to the fact that he does have a little bit of that rasp left in humid climates.

When he played in Houston - Minute Maid Park and NRG, he  killed it.  This has been discussed A LOT (best performance on the 2016 and 2023 tours). Those venues had high indoor humidity levels ..lots of outside air seeps in.

MSG is a smaller basketball arena and is air conditioned for no humidity.

I'm not even joking but if Axl wants to squeeze out a few more high performance years...he should set up a residency in Houston...or rotate between Houston - New Orleans - Miami (high humidity Big cities).

Las Vegas is the WORST location for his voice condition.

I did observe a few years ago that he seemed to sound better in the more humid environments.  I've seen them since 2016 in Orlando (humid), Miami (outdoor, humid), Missoula MT (outdoor, dry) and 2X in Hollywood FL (indoor AC).

From my personal experience the only thing that counters the humidity theory is that the best he sounded at a show I attended was the indoor at Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, FL for the final show of the 2021 tour.  I think it might have been that he knew he wasn't performing for months after that show so he was willing to push it a bit.  There was even some rasp on the Patience outro.

I do agree that in general he sounds a little better when it is humid.  I don't think I would call it "high performance" but definitely better than average.

On 8/23/2024 at 10:06 AM, Gnrcane said:

I did observe a few years ago that he seemed to sound better in the more humid environments.  I've seen them since 2016 in Orlando (humid), Miami (outdoor, humid), Missoula MT (outdoor, dry) and 2X in Hollywood FL (indoor AC).

From my personal experience the only thing that counters the humidity theory is that the best he sounded at a show I attended was the indoor at Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, FL for the final show of the 2021 tour.  I think it might have been that he knew he wasn't performing for months after that show so he was willing to push it a bit.  There was even some rasp on the Patience outro.

I do agree that in general he sounds a little better when it is humid.  I don't think I would call it "high performance" but definitely better than average.

Maybe it's at outdoor or retractable roof stadiums in humid climates  

I was at both the NRG Stadium and Minute Maid Park/ Houston shows and while both are "indoor stadiums " they are still super humid because they aren't sealed/insulated as well as a complete indoor venue.

Both of those Houston stops were considered among the best vocal performances on the tour