What songs that are NOT Guns N'Roses songs would you like to hear Axl cover? 🤔💡😀

Axl has an entire Album of JUST covers, The Spaghetti Incident, but that was 31 years ago. Outside of The Spaghetti Incident he has covered You May Be Right by Billy Joel, Live And Let Die by Paul McCartney , Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Knocking On Heaven's Door by Bob Dylan . What songs would you love to hear Axl cover? 😀💡🤔 I would love to hear him cover Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin and I feel he would kill the ending Crescendo part. 😀💡🤔 

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

Something like this would be my ideal record from the current lineup... they've performed most of these songs but studio recordings would be great.

Desperado (Alice Cooper)
Walk All Over You (AC/DC)
Don't Believe A Word (Thin Lizzy / Gary Moore... they'd kill it on either the fast or slow version)
The Seeker (The Who)
Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell)
I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges)
Marseilles (The Angels)
My My, Hey Hey (Neil Young)

Sell me that overpriced LP and play most of those songs live, I'd buy another ticket in a heartbeat. I got to see them play Marseilles in 2014 and Axl sounded great, they first covered it in the 80s and it's similar to his vocals on Bad Obsession... he could still sound great on it these days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Something like this would be my ideal record from the current lineup... they've performed most of these songs but studio recordings would be great.

Desperado (Alice Cooper)
Walk All Over You (AC/DC)
Don't Believe A Word (Thin Lizzy / Gary Moore... they'd kill it on either the fast or slow version)
The Seeker (The Who)
Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell)
I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges)
Marseilles (The Angels)
My My, Hey Hey (Neil Young)

Sell me that overpriced LP and play most of those songs live, I'd buy another ticket in a heartbeat. I got to see them play Marseilles in 2014 and Axl sounded great, they first covered it in the 80s and it's similar to his vocals on Bad Obsession... he could still sound great on it these days.

It would be great if Axl could release another full length just covers album like you suggested. 😀🤔🤭💡

56 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

I'm going to use this thread to say something ive never found an opportunity to say but in his prime Axl could have totally pulled off a great rendition of 4 Non Blondes' What's Up :lol:

Oh my God, that would have been phenomenal! 😀🤔💡🤭

10 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

I'm going to use this thread to say something ive never found an opportunity to say but in his prime Axl could have totally pulled off a great rendition of 4 Non Blondes' What's Up :lol:

Axl in his prime could've done great versions of pretty much anything, but yea I can totally hear his version of What's Up :lol:

If we're talking prime Axl, I would've loved to hear Razamanaz by Nazareth. Specifically on the 88-91 tours. There's plenty of other songs by Janis Joplin, Thin Lizzy, the Stones, AC/DC, Gordon Lightfoot, Joe Walsh, etc but Razamanaz would've been so cool...

edit: a guy who's been there since the beginning goes by the handle deljamesgang, but they've never played Walk Away... it's a damn shame :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Hmm. Janis Joplin had a distinctive raspy voice. Maybe Axl would sound phenomenal covering at least one Janis Joplin sing, notably Piece Of My Heart which is one of Janis's raspiest songs. 😀 

New Guns era covering Burn by The Cure, not something they would pick I expect but i think it would have worked. Lost In The City Of Angels by LA.Guns too

Think slither style tom drum based beat, the Bass line for this song with a hint of Chorus effect for Duff would have a driving 'Monsters' style 

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Like 2

I already got my wish, as a big Elvis fan I wanted GNR to do Heartbreak Hotel, and when I found out years later after really getting into the band and becoming a fan that they demoed it for Appetite, I was a very happy guy lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sledge said:

Return the tribute by Cornell with a bare bones version of something other than black hole sun. 

For some reason, I at first  read it as,"Return The Tribute," by Cornell like a SONG called Return The Tribute! 🤣🤭

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Breakdown by Guns N' Roses

You bloody wanker! 🤣🤭 But you made me think of an excellent point. 🤔💡 I should have specified that the songs shouldn't already be Guns N'Roses songs. 🤔💡😉 To the edit button I go! 😉

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Axl using his old voice - Dust In The Wind - Todd Rundgren. 

Axl current voice - Tragedy - Bee Gees 

He could nail the Tragedy song, perfect for his higher pitched voice. 😀🤔💡 In fact, he can bail ALL of The Bee Gees hit songs since every Bee Gees hit song is sung in falsetto I believe. 😀🤔💡

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1