Aerosmith retires from touring

SAU3R

8 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

At least there is hope for new music.

But this sucks. My favorite band. Sigh.

If Steven’s voice is too damaged now to ever sing again, how’re they supposed to do new music?

Edited by rocknroll41

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

If Steven’s voice is too damaged now to ever sing again, how’re they supposed to do new music?

I mean they did say they are retiring from touring, but never said they retired wholly. So maybe touring/singing every other day is more taxing than just singing to record.

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I'm not expecting them to do any new music, but one-off performances or studio vocals would be possible. This was only a couple months ago....

• Like 1

It's sad to see them call it a day, but it's not really surprising. They're legends, gods of the rock n roll stage, who very few bands could even be compared to... it's amazing they lasted as long as they did.

They were my first real big arena concert, in 2006. Motley Crue was the opener (or 'co-headliner' I guess, but Aerosmith was clearly the main act). Saw them again in 2010 and they were great both times.

• Like 2