"Axl's Glow" - painting by Vicky Hamilton up for auction

18 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Vicky who?

The woman who wasn't allowed to manage future big time rock bands because she was a woman.  There's a lot of truth in what she says to that.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

She explains it in the Loudwire interview.

Thanks I read it.  Do we have the picture the photographer took that inspired her?

• Like 1

On 8/15/2024 at 2:38 PM, cineater said:

The woman who wasn't allowed to manage future big time rock bands because she was a woman.  There's a lot of truth in what she says to that.

Thanks I read it.  Do we have the picture the photographer took that inspired her?

Seems like bitterness on her part.  That didn't stop Sylvia Rhone from becoming a dominant force in the record industry

On 8/17/2024 at 5:06 AM, Uncle Bob said:

Yes, it is.

It's not about a style or any personal approach, this is a very amateur piece from someone with no skills nor knowledge.

I think it's better to view it as a charitable contribution and a piece of memorabilia rather than a true work of art. The auction description doesn’t present it as an art piece either.

I hope she receives something that can help her in life. :hug:

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I think it's better to view it as a charitable contribution and a piece of memorabilia rather than a true work of art. The auction description doesn’t present it as an art piece either.

I hope she receives something that can help her in life. :hug:

Nah, I'm good

On 8/16/2024 at 8:02 AM, EvH said:

That's absolutely horrendous.

I also think that painting of Axl looks ugly. 💡☢️😵‍💫 Well, at least it's easy to  tell that it's a painting of Axl. Some people would just draw a face with a bandana and try to pass it off as Axl but you can tell it's actually Axl she was painting. 💡 She just drew him ugly. 💡☢️😵‍💫

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, it's cool that some of you think it's "ugly." Remember, some of us are also ugly, and luckily beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I also tend to agree with the view of a "charitable contribution and a piece of memorabilia rather than a true work of art."

That said, the winning bidder flaked so it's now on Ebay. This time including a 1987 GNR postcard. 

"I'm ugly and I'm proud." - Spongebob Squarepants

Axl Rose Original Painting By Guns N’ Roses' First Manager, Vicky Hamilton | eBay

• Haha 1