Is Axl a lazy person? πŸ€”πŸ’‘

Is Axl a lazy person? πŸ€”πŸ’‘  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MANY MYGNR Posters seem to think that Axl is lazy, saying stuff like,"Axl hasn't released a new Album in 16 years, a newborn born on Chinese Democracy Album release date is now a Teenager going to graduate high school and become a College/University Student soon. No excuse for Axl to not have a new album out in 16 years. Axl is just plain lazy."

Β 

I personally don't think that Axl is LAZY, I feel that he is unmotivated to make a new album. Axl is doing three hour Shows in a constant basis and performing his ass off and has been doing this for 32 years (I am not counting the roughly three years he went into hiding) a truly LAZY person would just sit in their house and let the royalties provide their income.

Β 

Fans continue to pay money to him and the Guns perform. And pay for theΒ  leftover Chinese Democracy leftovers(The General, Absurd, Hard Skool, Monsters, Atlas, State Of Grace, Eye On You, Perhaps(Those 8 right there could have been a new full length album. SoΒ  he most likely feels unmotivated to make a new album since Fans are happy with the Touring and paying for Chinese Democracy leftovers. And besides, Axl is a Perfectionist, so he won't release a new Album until he feels it is ready to be released. In fact, Axl felt Chinese Democracy wasn't ready yet but the record label felt the album was waiting for too long in Development Hell and forced Axl to release Chinese Democracy. πŸ€”πŸ’‘ Who knows what year Chinese Democracy would have been released if the record label didn't force Axl to release it. πŸ€”πŸ’‘

Β 

As I write this thread, it occured to me that the Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy had similar time lapses. The Spaghetti Incident was released 15 years before Chinese Democracy. πŸ’‘

Edited by Karice
  • Confused 4

26 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

The laziest motherfucker on planet earth, you can bet your ass on that.Β 
Surely the most lazy rock star out there.

I highly doubt that Axl is the laziest rock star out there. Axl is performing 3 hour Shows constantly. That is far from lazy. A lazyΒ  rockstar would be someone who just lazes around in his house getting paid solely from the royalties.Β 

He is not lazy, he is influenced by some personality. Someone talented and influential should be around. There were a lot of guys in his youth who surrounded him, but the most constructive influence was Izzy. It was a fateful partnership, now probably there is no such person around. But there is a Brazilian family, they are his partnership these days.Β 

Edited by lunastar
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Karice said:

A lazyΒ  rockstar would be someone who just lazes around in his house getting paid solely from the royalties.Β 

Izzy then…?Β :awesomeface:

Β 

jk of course.

• Haha 1

I personally see nothing lazy about travelling around the world for months on end, putting in physical performances on stage for over 2 hours (singing is very physical) and now he is over 60 years of age it just gets harder to recover between shows.

Some think because he has private travelling or hospitality arrangments that he's living the life of luxury but regardless of how much comfort there is i have no doubt that all the travelling would be very, very tiring not even taking into account his age, so to think he is lazy is just not something I can understand.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Izzy then…?Β :awesomeface:

Β 

jk of course.

LOL, 🀣 but seriously, yes, technically Izzy would be considered lazy. He doesn't REALLY do anything these days, just living off the royalties. πŸ’‘

If you had asked me in his prime (when GNR had released 3 albums plus an ep and covers album in a 6 year stretch) if Axl would only manage one new album the rest of his career (that he proceeded to be so embarrassed of he didn't promote it) I would never have believed it.

He was one of the last guys I would ever peg as being happy and content with being a nostalgia act that tours the decades old hits.

Not sure I have ever seen the flame extenguished on someone creatively the way it has him as he went from being someone with a ton to say to absolutely nothing, which is wild.

The guy has been content to mail it in for 3 decades now. We wouldn't even have CD if they didn't take the decision out of his hands.

I don't know what the hell happened to him, but it is a damn shame and not something I could have seen coming in a million years in the early 90's as being his ultimate fate.

52 minutes ago, Karice said:

LOL, 🀣 but seriously, yes, technically Izzy would be considered lazy. He doesn't REALLY do anything these days, just living off the royalties. πŸ’‘

Izzy has put more music out on his own than Axl could even think of. He might be retired by now but he has a big back catalogue.Β 
Axl is touring a lot, that’s true. But when it comes to releasing new music, he’s just lazy as fuck. People like to use excuses like his mental state but there’s no evidence in this regard. Axl will always find a way to not release something in time.

Edited by Free Bird

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Izzy has put more music out on his own than Axl could even think of. He might be retired by now but he has a big back catalogue.Β 
Axl is touring a lot, that’s true. But when it comes to releasing new music, he’s just lazy as fuck. People like to use excuses like his mental state but there’s no evidence in this regard. Axl will always find a way to not release something in time.

I didn't know Izzy put out solo stuff. I assumed he was just lazing around in his house for 33 years living solely off of the GNR Royalties. πŸ’‘πŸ€”

50 minutes ago, Karice said:

I didn't know Izzy put out solo stuff. I assumed he was just lazing around in his house for 33 years living solely off of the GNR Royalties. πŸ’‘πŸ€”

Izzy has lots of music out not as much as Buckethead but quite a lot

He has released 1 album in 33 years. He hasn’t gotten into a room to write new music in at least 20 years. He doesn’t attend rehearsals or sound checks. He’s not too keen on set list changes.Β 

At the very least, he doesn’t appear to be motivated by his career.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

I don't think he is lazy per say, I just think Axl is a complicated person. I don't believe he is a perfectionist either, I think the reason he doesn't release a lot of music has less to do with that and more to do with anxiety/insecurities.Β 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Karice said:

His solo stuff is pretty good, give it a shot

Β 

5 hours ago, Karice said:

No, Izzy released 10 or 11 records since he left GNR until 2010. From then on he only has released single songs at times. Plus he worked on some unreleased material with Duff and Slash over the years, including The Project, an early incarnation of VR.

Edited by Free Bird

9 hours ago, RnRHOFGNR said:

I personally see nothing lazy about travelling around the world for months on end, putting in physical performances on stage for over 2 hours (singing is very physical) and now he is over 60 years of age it just gets harder to recover between shows.

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

People confuse low output with laziness.Β 

All of the above. There is absolutely no way whatsoever that a man who rarely stops touring, playing three hour shows most nights, is "lazy".

And while it was a good few years ago now, someone lazy wouldn't front two of the biggest rock bands on the planet simultaneously, either. You could also make a case for his decade slaving over Chinese Democracy as being the antithesis of lazy.

Axl is the exact opposite of "lazy".

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

He’s not too keen on set list changes.

There's been plenty since 2016, it's just the backbone of the set (until the most recent tour) remained the same. Who's to say that was all down to Axl and Axl alone anyway?

Big productions often have a stable setlist during a tour, yet for some reason it's a huge issue for Guns N' Roses fans πŸ™„

I think that when he’s not touring, he’s a real homebody. I honestly think he’s a massive gamer.

he voiced that guy in GTA which seems like something he would have gone out of his way to do. Β 
Being a gamer myself, if you don’t have anyone around to tell you to stop, you tend to just play as long as you want.

Β 

Touring is not exactly physical torture. These guys have huge entourages that cater to their every need.Β 

Axl doesn’t attend rehearsals or sound checks. He does no media work or promotion. Β They do about 2 - 3 shows a week. But all he really has to do is get himself there and sing.Β 

The band had 6 months off in 2018. 9 months off in 2019. 1.5 years off between 2020 and summer 2021. 6 months off at start of 2023. All of 2024 off.Β 
Β 

There’s a reason Slash has a couple of other projects on the go.Β 

• GNFNR 1