Is Axl a lazy person? πŸ€”πŸ’‘

Is Axl a lazy person? πŸ€”πŸ’‘  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I feel this thread and some other threads you have created are just triggering people in to crazy pointless debates that lead to arguments amongst the members here. What are these threads really bringing to this forum? Just seems like friction and bickering to meΒ 

Β 

I get what you mean but that isn't specific to karice's threads tbf. That's most threads in the main section lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Karice said:

Hmm. A Fan said something like,"Axl in private and Axl on stage are two different Axl's. The Axl in private is shy, reclusive and insecure and the Axl on stage is confident, secure, outgoing. πŸ€”πŸ’‘

It thread isn't about Axl private or Axl on stage, when we talking about if Axl is lazy is about Axl.Β  Not release music or if him lost skill like songwriter.

• Like 2

I picked unmotivated, not lazy. He's cemented his legacy as one of the best singers ever, fronted his favorite band, sold 100M+ records, finished Chinese Democracy, reconciled with Slash and Duff.

There's really not much more for him to accomplish. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire after the next tour

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibson87 said:

I picked unmotivated, not lazy. He's cemented his legacy as one of the best singers ever, fronted his favorite band, sold 100M+ records, finished Chinese Democracy, reconciled with Slash and Duff.

There's really not much more for him to accomplish. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire after the next tour

Could also be a question of what to write about. In the heyday, it was the life on the streets and all the sex & drugs & rock n’ roll. Later it was at least the troubled relationships, whether with women or mates/other people etc. But what’s the multimillionaire rock star gonna write about these days? The Malibu weather? Pools and tennis courts? He’d probably have to largely use the already existing unreleased lyrics from the CD era – which is another reason why we’ll be lucky if there will be at least one or two brand new songs on "the new album", if at all.Β 
Now I’m not underestimating him. Others managed, so can he. But the last new texts we’ve heard from him are 20 years old.Β 
Β 

Depends on what we're comparing him to.

He's as lazy as anyone who got big during a hot minute in the sun and will continue to be.

He's not exactly a working musician, but he doesn't make himself out to be one, so there's that. Like a, oh I don't know, a Neil Young type.

It's kind of an open secret that most peopleΒ musicians are lazy or just wanna get high doing the bare minnimum playing the rockstar to a tee.

Motivation is key and I believe for most people who appear lazy motivation seems to be the key factor.

I mean what's in it for him?

Making millions of dollars? Done that.

Banging hot chicks? Done that.

Touring his own band around the world? Done that.

Inspiring millions of people to pick up and instrument or start a band? Done that.

Regrouping his entire band several times? Done that.

Reuniting with Slash and Duff? Done that.

Performing with The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Elton John, Queen, Bruce Springsteen, Foo Fighters and so on? Done that.

So what motivates him? What inspires him? I have no idea.

Things might be different if he had a good woman and children of his own instead of letting his entourage become a substitute for an actual family.

Β 

• Like 3

"There are no lazy people, only overwhelmed ones"

I have the feeling that Axl is sitting on a huge pile of ideas, snippets and unfinished tracks. Then there is Slash who comes up with his stuff and ideas...Β  year by year...

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 4:54 PM, Free Bird said:

Another example of you don’t getting what people are saying. Maybe explain to us what β€žfree timeβ€œ means πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The way I understood it,Β @jacdanielΒ was arguing that touring isn't as hard as some other people here think, and used Slash's various side projects as an example. I pointed out that his other projects happens when he is not touring - while on GN'R tours his focused is (supposedly) 100% on GN'R, and not during his free time on the tours.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The way I understood it,Β @jacdanielΒ was arguing that touring isn't as hard as some other people here think, and used Slash's various side projects as an example. I pointed out that his other projects happens when he is not touring - while on GN'R tours his focused is (supposedly) 100% on GN'R, and not during his free time on the tours.

He means Axl has enough time off while Slash’s touring and busy with his side projects.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, Guns N Roses is essentially a part time touring act. They are not working hard on new music , products or PR etc. Slash has plenty of free time outside of Guns for his 2 side projects and many other collaborations.Β 
Β 

If Slash has all that free time then so does Axl. He just chooses not to invest it in his music career.Β Whether that’s laziness, motivation or something else, I don’t know.Β 

I personally think he’s content to just tour, take long breaks and occasionally release something he wrote many years ago.Β 
Β 

5-10 years from now when it’s all done, I think we’ll just have a few more tours and maybe 1 or 2 CD era songs.Β 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Just to clarify, Guns N Roses is essentially a part time touring act.

While they may be taking this year off, looking at 2016-23, calling them 'part-time' is lauguable. Aside from time for Slash and Duff's side projects, they've been touring constantly for eight years

3 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

While they may be taking this year off, looking at 2016-23, calling them 'part-time' is lauguable. Aside from time for Slash and Duff's side projects, they've been touring constantly for eight years

They had 2020 off. First half of 2021 and first half of 2023. From start of 2020 - end of 2024, they’ll have had 3 full years off in 5 years.Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

They had 2020 off. First half of 2021 and first half of 2023. From start of 2020 - end of 2024, they’ll have had 3 full years off in 5 years.Β 

The entire planet had 2020 and the first half of '21 off! πŸ˜‚ They originally had shows scheduled, and still managed to play a couple in '20 before they couldn't.

They've absolutely not been part-time, ever. It's an absurd suggestion

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

The entire planet had 2020 and the first half of '21 off! πŸ˜‚ They originally had shows scheduled, and still managed to play a couple in '20 before they couldn't.

They've absolutely not been part-time, ever. It's an absurd suggestion

In 2018 they had 3 months of touring. Same in 2019.Β 

If they were a full time band Slash wouldn’t have 2 other projects. He does because there’s plenty of time for other stuff with all the months and years off

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If I had to guess, he is highly neurotic and sensitive. I am only basing this off of anecdotal stories about him from the 1980s until now, and all the documented accounts about difficulties with him recording or finishing vocals.

If he was simply lazy, we would have another dozen albums by now. He would have "shut up and sing", and called it in.Β 

There is also the dichotomy between going on 7 hours late because you're jerking off to the Ninja Turtles movie or whatever it was, and then going on stage and sprinting for 3 hours. I don't know what personality issue is the cause of Axl refusing to go on stage in the past, but I don't think laziness is an accurate assessment.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

If I had to guess, he is highly neurotic and sensitive. I am only basing this off of anecdotal stories about him from the 1980s until now, and all the documented accounts about difficulties with him recording or finishing vocals.

If he was simply lazy, we would have another dozen albums by now. He would have "shut up and sing", and called it in.Β 

There is also the dichotomy between going on 7 hours late because you're jerking off to the Ninja Turtles movie or whatever it was, and then going on stage and sprinting for 3 hours. I don't know what personality issue is the cause of Axl refusing to go on stage in the past, but I don't think laziness is an accurate assessment.Β 

Β 

Β 

Axl said he went in stage late in the past because he operated on his own internal clock, LMAO! 🀣🀭 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Β 

Β 

Hmm. I don't recall it being said that Axl ever went on stage 7 hours late. πŸ€” Three hours late, yes. πŸ’‘ But 7 hours late, no. πŸ€”