Is Axl a lazy person? 🤔💡

Is Axl a lazy person? 🤔💡  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Touring is not exactly physical torture. These guys have huge entourages that cater to their every need. 

Axl doesn’t attend rehearsals or sound checks. He does no media work or promotion.  They do about 2 - 3 shows a week. But all he really has to do is get himself there and sing. 

The band had 6 months off in 2018. 9 months off in 2019. 1.5 years off between 2020 and summer 2021. 6 months off at start of 2023. All of 2024 off. 

There’s a reason Slash has a couple of other projects on the go. 

toruing takes a physical toll. Lemmy talked about this with Myles saying it will shorten his life if he keeps touring all the time. I don't believe Axl is lazy. He accomplished so much during his life. maybe he just taking advantage of his power and money to live his life as he pleases.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Touring is not exactly physical torture. These guys have huge entourages that cater to their every need. 

Axl doesn’t attend rehearsals or sound checks. He does no media work or promotion.  They do about 2 - 3 shows a week. But all he really has to do is get himself there and sing. 

The band had 6 months off in 2018. 9 months off in 2019. 1.5 years off between 2020 and summer 2021. 6 months off at start of 2023. All of 2024 off. 

Are you telling me that my FICTIONAL Older Axl does MORE Promotions than the REAL world Older Axl? 😳 Because my FICTIONAL Older Axl does a LOT of Promotions. 💡

• Confused 1

Well there’s a difference between laziness in terms of not doing anything and just laying poolside with a drink, which obviously doesn’t apply to him given the extensive touring. And then there is the release history and new material, which is a different story. But I don’t think the word "lazy" applies there either. Or maybe partially. People throw around the word "insecure" as well. I don’t know. Is he? Or a "perfectionist"? None of these really fit, because the second you think they could make sense, you realize that a) he has songs like Monsters – easily A-side material, yet unreleased; so much for that; b) perfectionist? He released Silkworms as the first single, and later HS as well as The General, with the bad sound; so much for perfectionism. So it kinda looks like maybe a mixture of these adjectives, yet none of them truly fits. 

It may be some of the above, but it surely also has to do with his unique perception of time. After all, we know he was running late everywhere as a kid, not to mention his mammoth lateness in the heyday, plus he’s a nocturnal creature. And considering he’s probably just enjoying the ride, with chicks falling into his arms even in his early 60s, I guess he feels no rush regarding releasing anything new. And yeah, there’s also the voice factor... Maybe stuff takes time because he’s been recording vocals bit by bit, line by line (although he’ll probably just use the old recordings, like he’s done so far, huh). 

I think he’s just this peculiar, idiosyncratic person, who never really gave a shit what people thought about timing, and let alone now, as a multi-millionaire. But would I love to know what the fuck it is that he does all the time while he’s not on tour? Of course.  
Maybe he just plays Dying Light 2 – there’s one weapon the name of which seems to be a wink to him: Rose’s Axe. :) (just my feeling, nothing official) 
He's definitely a damn rock hermit if I've ever heard of one. And the "wasted opportunity" factor is what ails me about this. Otherwise, god knows I wish him the best. But any new record should be named "Wasted Time" or something of the sort. 

I‘m pretty sure if he wasn’t as successful as he was with the classic line up of GNR and if he wasn’t financially independent he‘d write and release more music. He’s doing just half of his job.

To me that’s laziness 

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I‘m pretty sure if he wasn’t as successful as he was with the classic line up of GNR and if he wasn’t financially independent he‘d write and release more music. He’s doing just half of his job.

To me that’s laziness 

But that's not what laziness means at all. You are talking about him not being sufficiently motivated and hence he prioritizes different things. Laziness is when you are motivated but still can't be arsed to do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karice said:

Are you telling me that my FICTIONAL Older Axl does MORE Promotions than the REAL world Older Axl? 😳 Because my FICTIONAL Older Axl does a LOT of Promotions. 💡

image.gif.67722af44a560c4f738affd52cf1d0f7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We can sit around all day and debate whether he is lazy or just unmotivated etc. 

Regardless, he simply doesn’t seem to have much desire to put music out. 

The only songs that they might release are 20 odd years old and were even reworked by Slash and Duff 4 or 5 years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

But that's not what laziness means at all. You are talking about him not being sufficiently motivated and hence he prioritizes different things. Laziness is when you are motivated but still can't be arsed to do it. 

I know what lazyness means and I think he’s lazy. You seem to have a hard time accepting other people’s opinion. 

Only Axl himself knows the reasons why he isn’t releasing music, we‘re all just guessing. Your assumption is as much worth as mine, so do me a favour and please live out your passion for arguing with someone else.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I know what lazyness means and I think he’s lazy. You seem to have a hard time accepting other people’s opinion. 

There was nothing indicating that you know what laziness means and I seem to have less problem pointing that out than you have hearing me point it out. If your opinion is that laziness should mean something it doesn't mean, then I will happily point that out. 

44 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

There was nothing indicating that you know what laziness means and I seem to have less problem pointing that out than you have hearing me point it out. If your opinion is that laziness should mean something it doesn't mean, then I will happily point that out. 

You seriously have some major mental illness. I feel sorry for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Duff talked about his touring routine in one of his recent interviews getting into detail about the physical aspect of it and how exhausting it has become for him, and I realized how physically challenging it is. He even complained (diplomatically, of course) about Axl's insistence on playing three-hour long shows (and made a point that it can be damaging for Axl's voice, too).

Sure, it's not as heavy as working in a mine or in construction under the hot sun, or anything like that (and it's immensely more rewarding than that, of course). It's also not the same for everyone, obviously - Slash seems to never get tired (Duff called him a beast of nature) although he's not playing GN'R length shows when he's touring on his own, and Axl seems to enjoy playing long shows. But it's still very demanding for the average person, especially at their age.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

I don't know how anyone can say touring isn't physically demanding. They travel every day, or every few days, and that in itself is draining (I travel fairly regularly for my job, often multiple countries or even continents in a week and it sucks the life out of me. And I'm not running around). Then add playing for three hours a night under hot lights (and occasionally in high altitude locations or in poor weather), and nobody on Guns N' Roses front line is standing still, either. Look how sweaty Slash is at the end of every show, his t-shirt is drenched. Look at how often Axl changes his, partially for 'rock star reasons', but also because he's getting a sweat on. 

It is absolutely physically demanding. There's a reason they travel with trainers and masseuses – not to be pampered, but simply to enable them to keep up their schedule.

Look at how sport has developed in recent decades. I wouldn't be surprised if things like sports science or similar thinking finds its way into music in the next 20 years for huge stadium acts on big tours

Edited by DoMw94

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

You seriously have some major mental illness. I feel sorry for you.

Shit! Well, I can just hope you also mean something entirely different when you talk about "mental illness" than what normal people do. 

40 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

I don't know how anyone can say touring isn't physically demanding. They travel every day, or every few days, and that in itself is draining (I travel fairly regularly for my job, often multiple countries or even continents in a week and it sucks the life out of me. And I'm not running around). Then add playing for three hours a night under hot lights (and occasionally in high altitude locations or in poor weather), and nobody on Guns N' Roses front line is standing still, either. Look how sweaty Slash is at the end of every show, his t-shirt is drenched. Look at how often Axl changes his, partially for 'rock star reasons', but also because he's getting a sweat on. 

It is absolutely physically demanding. There's a reason they travel with trainers and masseuses – not to be pampered, but simply to enable them to keep up their schedule.

Look at how sport has developed in recent decades. I wouldn't be surprised if things like sports science or similar thinking finds its way into music in the next 20 years for huge stadium acts on big tours

Yeah. I travel a fair bit too and the jet lag is killing me, and it just gets worse with age. Even Alan Niven was impressed with Axl's touring schedule and the efforts he puts in. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Shit! Well, I can just hope you also mean something entirely different when you talk about "mental illness" than what normal people do. 

Obviously it doesn’t matter what I mean. You will find a way wrench the meaning.

19 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Obviously it doesn’t matter what I mean. You will find a way wrench the meaning.

So I "wrench your meanings" , and I have a "major mental illness" (possible related with the former being a symptom of the latter, but that is still unclear). And Axl doesn't release much music, so he is "lazy". It's like you have developed your own language close to English but where the words can mean whatever works for you. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day, I can’t think of a single person that wouldn’t trade places… 

They’ve had 124 shows in 5 years.  All of 2020 and 2024 off. Half of 2021 and 2023 off. Still nothing confirmed for 2025 yet. Could take half that off as well. 

As I said there’s a reason Slash has other projects and collaborations. He had plenty of free time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

At the end of the day, I can’t think of a single person that wouldn’t trade places… 

They’ve had 124 shows in 5 years.  All of 2020 and 2024 off. Half of 2021 and 2023 off. Still nothing confirmed for 2025 yet. Could take half that off as well. 

As I said there’s a reason Slash has other projects and collaborations. He had plenty of free time. 

+ half of 18 and almost entire 19...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ratam said:

He isn't lazy, i think just he lacks confidence  himself.

Hmm. A Fan said something like,"Axl in private and Axl on stage are two different Axl's. The Axl in private is shy, reclusive and insecure and the Axl on stage is confident, secure, outgoing. 🤔💡

Edited by Karice

Fans also pointed out they feel that Axl is lazy because he has only stayed with Guns N'Roses for 39 years(Not counting his brief stint with AC/DC whereas Izzy, Steven, Duff, and Slash (Especially Slash did MANY other projects outside of GNR. 😐

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's the fill his time when GN'R is not touring. When GN'R is touring he is 100% focused on GN'R.

Another example of you don’t getting what people are saying. Maybe explain to us what „free time“ means 😂😂