Is Axl a lazy person? πŸ€”πŸ’‘

Is Axl a lazy person? πŸ€”πŸ’‘  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Karice said:

Hmm. I don't recall it being said that Axl ever went on stage 7 hours late. πŸ€” Three hours late, yes. πŸ’‘ But 7 hours late, no. πŸ€”

He obviously wasn't "jerking off" to ninja turtles either. It's hyperbole...

• Haha 1

I don't think lazy is the right word.Β  If he was lazy he wouldn't tour in his late 50s and early 60s doing long tours with 3+ hour shows two or three times a week for months on end when he could lay around on his couch and do nothing and still live in a mansion and have enough money to go anywhere or do anything he wants for the rest of his life.

I don't even think it's a lack of motivation.Β  I think, especially after CD, it is probably very related to self confidence.Β  As an artist, he is a perfectionist and up until CD most of the songs he created were considered above average at minimum and were very well received.Β  Β The reception of CD probably had a LOT more to do with the makeup of "Guns n' Roses" and the crazy long delay than it did with the songs themselves.Β  Granted the songs would have been somewhat different but if, hypothetically, the exact same album was released in 1996 with the UYI lineup several of the songs would have been "hits."Β  CD wouldn't have been as popular as WTTJ but I think it would have been a "known" song by many more casual fans than it ended up turning out.

I think Axl might have anxiety about creating new music and having it panned by critics and disliked by fans.Β  He doesn't have any "risk" by releasing Chinese leftovers because he isn't putting his heart and soul into them.Β  He's just handing them over to Slash, Duff and a producer and they are the ones actually releasing the song.Β  His involvement is just some old recordings being pasted on top of their playing.

With Axl, we have to accept the bad because it also gave us so much good.Β  The same personality that was able to create or be a large part of creating so many amazing, iconic songs is also what has prevented any output for almost 2 decades.Β  If he didn't have a few screws loose than he wouldn't be the same artist.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I don't think lazy is the right word.Β  If he was lazy he wouldn't tour in his late 50s and early 60s doing long tours with 3+ hour shows two or three times a week for months on end when he could lay around on his couch and do nothing and still live in a mansion and have enough money to go anywhere or do anything he wants for the rest of his life.

I don't even think it's a lack of motivation.Β  I think, especially after CD, it is probably very related to self confidence.Β  As an artist, he is a perfectionist and up until CD most of the songs he created were considered above average at minimum and were very well received.Β  Β The reception of CD probably had a LOT more to do with the makeup of "Guns n' Roses" and the crazy long delay than it did with the songs themselves.Β  Granted the songs would have been somewhat different but if, hypothetically, the exact same album was released in 1996 with the UYI lineup several of the songs would have been "hits."Β  CD wouldn't have been as popular as WTTJ but I think it would have been a "known" song by many more casual fans than it ended up turning out.

I think Axl might have anxiety about creating new music and having it panned by critics and disliked by fans.Β  He doesn't have any "risk" by releasing Chinese leftovers because he isn't putting his heart and soul into them.Β  He's just handing them over to Slash, Duff and a producer and they are the ones actually releasing the song.Β  His involvement is just some old recordings being pasted on top of their playing.

With Axl, we have to accept the bad because it also gave us so much good.Β  The same personality that was able to create or be a large part of creating so many amazing, iconic songs is also what has prevented any output for almost 2 decades.Β  If he didn't have a few screws loose than he wouldn't be the same artist.

Axl already gave it his best shot with Chinese and it didn't click the way he wanted to I think. if Axl is to create and release a brand new Gn'R album, it would probably have to be musically a very strong release, but there's no way of knowing what if at all are Axl's plans when it comes to creating and releasing music.

8 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

The CD era and what went down, more so in relation to the people who at that time Axl trusted, who ended up taking advantage of him, took a toll on Axl.

It was no surprise that Axl cut those people out of his life, and surrounded himself with those people who he did trust including reconciling his relationship with Slash and Duff along with having Team Brazil around him.Β 

I think the record label, Jimmy Iovine and Doc McGhee left a lasting impression on Axl in relation to trust issues.Β 

I don't think Axl is lazy from a physical or mental prespective. We know his fitness and workout training routines going back to the 90's are intense and that's one reason why his fitness on stage over a 3 hour period cannot be questioned.Β 

In relation to music productivity, I think Axl is taking his time and navigating a very different music industry today, then in the past, with Axl and the band having more control themselves.Β 

The glory days of record labels giving out large advances or covering the cost of hiring a studio or studio musicians for months on end are long gone and these days artists have more control over their music and how it's released.Β 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

This is a REALLY good and insightful post! πŸ‘ πŸ’‘πŸ˜€

• Like 1