Oasis Reunion

ZoSoRose

1 hour ago, waxl1974 said:

I'm in for this but expect to be screwed over by ticketbastard and the multiple bots. Loved the old days when you went to the box office and got your ticket in your hand after parting with cash. 

Yep, scoring tickets is gonna be a pain in the ass…

Still exciting, kind of a „not in this lifetime“-moment for oasis fans

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I'm so curious about the Linkin Park one

Same! Initial rumors were that the singer would be some woman, but now it’s starting to sound like that professional Chester impersonator from Portugal might be involved somehow too.

Two cheeks of the same arse, but there's a few of my friends that are going nuts about this. I always felt bad for their auld dear, must've been terrible having the two of them at odds for so long but good to see they've patched things up.

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Two cheeks of the same arse, but there's a few of my friends that are going nuts about this. I always felt bad for their auld dear, must've been terrible having the two of them at odds for so long but good to see they've patched things up.

To be fair, they’ve apparently both still talked to each other (or texted) like once a year (usually when Man City wins a championship) and have seen each other at holiday gatherings. It’s not like how Axl and Slash didn’t talk to each other at all between 1996 and 2015.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It’s happening! Fucking finally. They better make it to the states before it all implodes so I can see them!

I'm super excited about this! Would absolutely LOVE to see them live again! :D I saw them in 2009 and I'm a big fan! 

However, this would be an Oasis reunion.

Which means things can absolutely blow up at any given moment. During the announcement, before the tour, during every show.... Holy fucking hell I wouldn't actually believe it until after the gig I've bought tickets for is over. :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Same! Initial rumors were that the singer would be some woman, but now it’s starting to sound like that professional Chester impersonator from Portugal might be involved somehow too.

I hope it's a woman. A Chester impersonator would be disrespectful for Chester, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

To be fair, they’ve apparently both still talked to each other (or texted) like once a year (usually when Man City wins a championship) and have seen each other at holiday gatherings. It’s not like how Axl and Slash didn’t talk to each other at all between 1996 and 2015.

That's true. But Liam has continuously made digs at Noel over the past year, said they should reunite, make more digs at him etc. And Noel called him out on that too. I don't know how long they've been on half-decent terms. But even when they were there were still jabs here and there. They're a tricky bunch of cunts, those two. :lol:

• Like 2

I hope they do an album. If it's just some huge festival headliner shows I'll be kinda bummed. Waste of potential.

Liam still has the juice to do something cool beyond nostalgia for a few more years. The John Squire thing showed he still needs Noel, though. 

Be really surprised if they toured NA. I remember seeing them in 2005 and nobody gave a fffff. Not sure if mainstream nostalgia is lined up with 90's britpop atm. 

Edited by Ant000

Used to be a huge fan up to the 3rd album. Didn't really listen to much of the stuff after that. Some of the early single B Sides are amongst their best songs and they seemed to run out of ideas around album #4.

Last saw them at Glastonbury in 2004 and they weren't great so I'm not as excited about this as I was about the GnR reunion but I'll probably try to get tickets for one of the Wembley shows if I can. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Used to be a huge fan up to the 3rd album. Didn't really listen to much of the stuff after that. Some of the early single B Sides are amongst their best songs and they seemed to run out of ideas around album #4.

Last saw them at Glastonbury in 2004 and they weren't great so I'm not as excited about this as I was about the GnR reunion but I'll probably try to get tickets for one of the Wembley shows if I can. 

The Masterplan is one of my favorite Oasis songs and that was just a B- side (although it was Wonderwall’s B- side, so not completely under the radar),

I remember when Dig Out Your Soul came out. It got overshadowed for me a bit since it was close to that hard rock avalanche in 2008 with Death Magnetic, Black Ice, and Chinese Democracy, but I still listened to it and enjoyed it. Waiting for the Rapture, The Shock of the Lightning, and Out of Time were all great songs from what I remember.

I can’t believe they broke up like 15- years ago,  now. I wanted to see them on the Dig Out Your Soul tour, but did not get to. I was in my last year of high school, so it was harder to go to shows. 

I have gotten to see Noel twice. Once in 2012 in a small theater, and once in a big amphitheater with The Smashing Pumpkins. That 2012 show was amazing. Very intimate venue, a great setlist with some Oasis deep cuts, and just a great vibe. That was right around when he came back with The High Flying Birds and they scored a pretty decent hit on college radio with If I Had a Gun.

I’ll gladly go see Oasis if they come here, but I doubt it’d top that Noel theater show!

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I hope it's a woman. A Chester impersonator would be disrespectful for Chester, IMO.

A 'reunion' is disrespectful but that's not the issue. There was a rumour Amy Lee would be part of it, I think she denied it, but I'd assume they'd try to do it in the most respectful way they can - with a peer instead of an impersonator.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A 'reunion' is disrespectful but that's not the issue. 

I wouldn't consider it a reunion tour since the band never broke up. As early as 2018 they announced they were going to continue Linkin Park, they just needed a hiatus. They started working on new music back in 2020. 

7 hours ago, Dazey said:

I agree that the first 3 are their best work. Really amazing albums! Be Here Now is somewhat underrated imo.

After that they were less consistent. But still, songs like Go Let It Out, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Hindu Times, The Importance Of Being Idle, Little By Little.... There's some amazing shit in there. I'd definitely say that Heathen Chemistry is their best album after the initial three. 

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A 'reunion' is disrespectful but that's not the issue. There was a rumour Amy Lee would be part of it, I think she denied it, but I'd assume they'd try to do it in the most respectful way they can - with a peer instead of an impersonator.

I don't think a reunion without him would be disrespectful. But an impersonator would. Rumours suggest it might be the dude from Sum41. I'd rather have a woman, but it's better than an impersonator, that's for sure.