Oasis Reunion

ZoSoRose

4 hours ago, Cosmo said:
4 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I don't think a reunion without him would be disrespectful. But an impersonator would. Rumours suggest it might be the dude from Sum41. I'd rather have a woman, but it's better than an impersonator, that's for sure.

I forgot that the Sum 41 guy is also in the running. I’d be ok with him too.

Edited by rocknroll41

I hope Bonehead gets to be part of the line-up. He's been touring regularly with Liam. Them again, we know how close Gem is with Noel.

I'll be genuinely curious which mash-up of Liam's band and HFB becomes the touring line-up.

• Like 2

I find Oasis has always been both of those hot topics for whatever reason despite the fact that we all know these shows are going to sell out. They're definitely the band that people speak up the most about in my day to day if I mention them. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Outside of this forum, the rest of the internet is mostly crapping on this news. I don’t get it.

Naw, plenty of people are excited. This will be a successful reunion, for sure. They can tour arenas forever based off of just Wonderwall and Don't Look Back in Anger, let alone all of their other classics. Their first two records are legitimately legendary. Combine that with the fun of Noel and Liam's insanity, they are genuine rock royalty. 

They crack me up. Liam might be one of the biggest dickheads in rock music. Only someone like him would get into a fight with one of their biggest idols; he threatened to punch George freaking Harrison :lol: I love it

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Outside of this forum, the rest of the internet is mostly crapping on this news. I don’t get it.

I think a lot of people are super excited, but Oasis is also a band that a ton of people like to shit on. Fuck them. 

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Their first two records are legitimately legendary.

Three. Be Here Now is just so fucking good.

Edited by username
  • Like 1

I signed up for that pre-sale mailing list. If somehow I get lucky enough to try for tickets, I'm trying to decide which city will be the "easiest" to work with. Manchester will no doubt be crazy, Wembley probably has a better probability in terms of volume, but I'd personally love to do Edinburgh.

39 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Source?

https://metro.co.uk/2024/08/28/original-oasis-member-confirmed-return-2025-reunion-tour-21501917/

It's one of those "close to the band" sort of things, which is why I said "all but confirmed" but it's a pretty fair guess. Rowe, Archer, Sharrock already around in pre-split lineups, and Bonehead touring with Liam regularly.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 12:42 AM, ZoSoRose said:

The Masterplan is one of my favorite Oasis songs and that was just a B- side (although it was Wonderwall’s B- side, so not completely under the radar),

I remember when Dig Out Your Soul came out. It got overshadowed for me a bit since it was close to that hard rock avalanche in 2008 with Death Magnetic, Black Ice, and Chinese Democracy, but I still listened to it and enjoyed it. Waiting for the Rapture, The Shock of the Lightning, and Out of Time were all great songs from what I remember.

I can’t believe they broke up like 15- years ago,  now. I wanted to see them on the Dig Out Your Soul tour, but did not get to. I was in my last year of high school, so it was harder to go to shows. 

I have gotten to see Noel twice. Once in 2012 in a small theater, and once in a big amphitheater with The Smashing Pumpkins. That 2012 show was amazing. Very intimate venue, a great setlist with some Oasis deep cuts, and just a great vibe. That was right around when he came back with The High Flying Birds and they scored a pretty decent hit on college radio with If I Had a Gun.

I’ll gladly go see Oasis if they come here, but I doubt it’d top that Noel theater show!

If you listen to some of the stuff that didn’t even make the first three albums I’d say that’s better than 90% of the stuff that came later. The B Sides album The Masterplan is fantastic. Whatever was one of their best songs and it only ever came out as single. Noel was basically writing absolute bangers for fun back then. Most of the singles were effectively 4 song EPs. 

• Like 3

So I’ve gone back and listened to Be Here Now for the first time in years and it’s a mixed bag.
D’You Know What I Mean, Stand By Me, I Hope, I Think, I Know and It’s Getting Better Man are great. The rest are fine but Fade In-Out is a missed opportunity.

• Like 1