Oasis Reunion

ZoSoRose

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

New rumor suggests that the band is actually trying to get Andy Bell and Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr’s son) back on bass and drums now.

Zak Starkey is an awesome drummer. I saw him with The Who once. Hope they get Bonehead back

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Bonehead and Gem Archer are both rumored to be back as well (sharing duties, I guess).

Yeah, I've heard a lot of sources (not all equally credible of course) claim Bonehead, Gem and Andy are all involved. 

Bonehead has played with Liam a lot so that makes sense. Gem with Noel's band. I think Andy hasn't been involved with any of the guys since Beady Eye. 

I'm not sure if Gem and Bonehead both would be overkill. Kinda sounds like going full Guns n' Roses. 

I don't think Guigsy has been involved with any of the guys in 25 years, so I don't expect him to be involved. The drummer would be a big blank, but I wouldn't mind Zak at all. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 6:24 AM, username said:

Yeah, I've heard a lot of sources (not all equally credible of course) claim Bonehead, Gem and Andy are all involved. 

Bonehead has played with Liam a lot so that makes sense. Gem with Noel's band. I think Andy hasn't been involved with any of the guys since Beady Eye. 

I'm not sure if Gem and Bonehead both would be overkill. Kinda sounds like going full Guns n' Roses. 

I don't think Guigsy has been involved with any of the guys in 25 years, so I don't expect him to be involved. The drummer would be a big blank, but I wouldn't mind Zak at all. 

It's overkill for sure, but I thought the three guitars sounded pretty good with Liam's band. Always sounded huge and gave them a chance to include some of the extra guitar bits from the studio. I reckon Bonehead would play exclusively his rhythms and Noel/Gem would share lead duties as they've been doing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

USA shows sold out almost instantly! This reunion seems to be even more in- demand than the GNR one, was! Great to see these nuts back and bigger than ever (concert wise). 

I didn't go for tickets because it is a pain in the ass. Maybe, I'll get lucky closer to the gig!

Got tickets for 2nd night at MetLife during the sale today. Saw them twice in the UK 15 years ago but looking forward to it. They are an uninventive band live though. They're one of those groups who play 17/18 songs and the setlist is more or less the same every single night.

• Like 1