What is the last 'great' unheard GnR song?

Oklahoma/berlin, Thyme and Seven. They seem to be the must haves. Obv atlas and monsters asap too. Ides of march seems to be the next. add those 6 to the 4 we have. Easy album right there Ax..

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1
  • PERHAPS 2

Didn't someone in the band (brain?) say it was called Seven, because it was the 7th song on a disc.

I don't think Seven was ever called Sev7en outside people on the the Internet starting rumours/posting fake track lists.

We know 2 other things about Seven. It uses a a ben hur sample or did at the time per Brain.

....and

"Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially "Seven," which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, "Thyme." However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, 06/05)

Seven better be fucking good. Going off Brain's "SUCK YOUR BALLSACK bridge!" comment and the fact that Marco deemed it the best of the three, it should be sick. The name is kinda hard too.

Please let it be the single after Monsters not stupid Atlas 

Edited by Ollster42

14 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Didn't someone in the band (brain?) say it was called Seven, because it was the 7th song on a disc.

I don't think Seven was ever called Sev7en outside people on the the Internet starting rumours/posting fake track lists.

We know 2 other things about Seven. It uses a a ben hur sample or did at the time per Brain.

....and

"Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially "Seven," which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, "Thyme." However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, 06/05)

Since The General was considered as A-List there most likely aren't any "great" unheard songs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

31 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I was told indirectly by an alleged hoarder @card5777 that Seven got named so because that’s how many members of the band played on it, and that This I Love wasn’t going to be on the album, but the band protested.

Probably BS, but you never know!

The first part is probably bullshit but Axl himself said Robin argued in favor of including This I Love on Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whiny said:

it has 7 writers, that contributed. that's why it's called 7. 

again, that's the explanation for the title. and brain said this: "it's a timeless ballad with a blow your face off chrous and a suck your ball sack bridge". 

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

This seems far fetched, just purely because how would someone like brain know what was on what disc in what order. The band didnt even know which songs had vocals, lyrics or how axl had chopped them up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The first part is probably bullshit but Axl himself said Robin argued in favor of including This I Love on Chinese Democracy.

Can’t blame Robin, his guitar work is incredible on that song. This I Love is also fairly prominent on the JJP Guns N’ Roses pinball machine.  

4 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

....and

Here is what Brain has said about Seven:

brain_10.jpg

He hasn't said anything about being the 7th song on a disc or being named after the movie, as far as I know.

This post was from L!VE FREE or @Brodie, several years ago, mentions Seven, Soul Monster, and Atlas (Talking about the 2008 album):

I mean "Chinese Democracy" is essentially a sampler of... Chinese Democracy.

You could have made a more hard industrial alt-rock album with Chinese, Oh My God, Soul Monster, Seven, Shackler's, Silkworms, Rhiad what have you...

You could have made a softer Achtung style record with The Blues, Madagascar, Atlas, If The World, Catcher what have you...

Instead you kind of get a pseudo "Greatest Hits" album. I guess what I am saying is that Chinese is not a cohesive record.

He also mentioned guitar work by Buckethead on Soul Monster, saying he would kill babies if Bumblefoot recorded over them. (This was pre-NITL)

His posts are interesting to read. May he rest in peace, assuming he has passed. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2024 at 11:46 AM, Rindmelon said:

“Izzy used to be a great songwriter- his contributions to Guns N’ Roses first album are phenomenal. But, its almost like the guy has lost the fire…

He's not wrong. Izzy's work post-Guns has been completely forgettable.

3 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Is any GNR song not in 4/4? 

The riff after the bridge in Better. Right after "I only wanted you to see things for yourself".

Song titles have never made me excited to hear the song.

Man, was I glad I didn't have high expectations for The General :lol:

Needless to say, none of the song titles leave me interested. They could be gems like Monsters, or shit like The General.

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Here is what Brain has said about Seven:

brain_10.jpg

He hasn't said anything about being the 7th song on a disc or being named after the movie, as far as I know.

The Julius Caesar part is why some assume Seven is Circus Maximus. I don't think there is anything that could be considered proof though. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2024 at 11:06 AM, gunsnchalupas said:

I think that people make up cannon in their head about what these songs are. They end up being completely wrong, because it will usually be based off of a quote or a tiny seed of information that grows into the expectations of some sort of epic. It's what happened with The General. People were expecting something completely different than what it was. Had I described The General on this forum prior to it being heard, I would be called a troll. 

The reality is, we don't know much about the songs we haven't heard. 

100%