Buckethead - Orlando, Florida - August 31, 2024 - Concert Vlog/Review

Jwalker19

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Glad he is still at it. Saw Bucket once in 2011. Scariest show and crowd I have participated in, but it was still a good time :lol: Glad I saw him at least once. 

Why scariest? 

A Bucket show would be cool. I worked with a guy who saw him a long time ago, and he said it was one of the weirdest crowds ever. (Not surprising) 

Do you think he would refuse to sign a CD (Chinese Democracy) booklet? I wonder if he has a treasure trove of all of the material he has contributed to GN'R with his time in the band, I'd imagine that would be amazing. CD2 pre-Bumblefoot, would be the holy grail in GN'R land IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

A Bucket show would be cool. I worked with a guy who saw him a long time ago, and he said it was one of the weirdest crowds ever. (Not surprising) 

Do you think he would refuse to sign a CD (Chinese Democracy) booklet? I wonder if he has a treasure trove of all of the material he has contributed to GN'R with his time in the band, I'd imagine that would be amazing. CD2 pre-Bumblefoot, would be the holy grail in GN'R land IMO.

I don't think he would literally refuse, but after my show he watched straight out of the back door into his van. It wasn't malicious or anything, but I don't think him interacting or acknowledging fans outside of the show is an interest of his, especially nowadays. I just think it is extremely rare because he's jusy insanely reclusive obviously.

3 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Thanks for this, definitely helps inform my decision of whether to see him in PA in October. I missed the last show but that ended up being the right move because of that singer...

Thank you for watching! Yeah I heard he had some issues with her, but overall yeah I definitely recommend going. It's such a fun and memorable time.

• Like 1

I saw Buckethead in New York in August of 2022 with a buddy. It was a Praxis show. It's without doubt the worst gig I've ever seen. Lot of GN'R t-shirts there and everyone was desperate for him to burst out the solo from There Was A Time. Just awful.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I saw Buckethead in New York in August of 2022 with a buddy. It was a Praxis show. It's without doubt the worst gig I've ever seen. Lot of GN'R t-shirts there and everyone was desperate for him to burst out the solo from There Was A Time. Just awful.

Man those Praxis shows were brutal, they really downplayed how bad Bill's condition had become. They were benefit shows so I can't really criticize them too much, but they were rough.

That said, going to a Bucket show and waiting to hear There Was A Time is ridiculous, it's not (and never has been) the kind of thing he plays at shows.

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2024 at 4:48 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Man those Praxis shows were brutal, they really downplayed how bad Bill's condition had become. They were benefit shows so I can't really criticize them too much, but they were rough.

That said, going to a Bucket show and waiting to hear There Was A Time is ridiculous, it's not (and never has been) the kind of thing he plays at shows.

You're totally right. That guy looked physically impaired and it didn't seem like they were doing him a favor by being there. At some point he had to go off stage and the show ended abruptly (which did the viewing audience a favor). 

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2024 at 4:36 PM, James Bond said:

Love the shorts. One day he's going to walk out without the mask and just stop giving a fuck. Mark my words.

No way, I can't imagine that

On 9/13/2024 at 11:40 PM, W. Axl Kev said:

🤣 I wish he would do the There Was A Time solo live but I can't imagine that ever happening either.

On 9/16/2024 at 7:00 PM, W. Axl Kev said:

You're totally right. That guy looked physically impaired and it didn't seem like they were doing him a favor by being there. At some point he had to go off stage and the show ended abruptly (which did the viewing audience a favor). 

Yea, the shows (and live streams) went towards his medical expenses. Brain said in an interview that up until a few days before, they weren't sure if/what Bill could play. I mean, respect to the guy for even attempting it, but they probably could've handled those shows differently...

• Like 1