Favorite (Non-Vocal) Demo Out Of The Village Leaks

7 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Zodiac 13 is probably the coolest. Really had Buckethead written all over it.

Inside Out also sounds like something Buckethead would've made and presented to the band.

Yet they're both Robin songs. :lol: Zodiac was really begging for some Bucket leads though... if Axl completed it, I imagine the 2006~ version would be killer.

7 hours ago, Cosmo said:

As it Began could have been a live intro do Street of Dreams, Estranged or November Rain.

It was an intro for November Rain at least once on the 2002 tour... I want to say the Auburn Hills show but I'd have to check.

On 9/5/2024 at 8:26 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I think Circus Maximus could've been a really cool album-opener for a weirder, more Bucket-driven follow-up.

It's painful to think how different things could have been if Axl called it a solo project - he would have felt more freedom to pursue something like this and the public would have been way more open to it as Axl's crazy metal project vs. new Guns N' Roses.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I have the same opinion as you. The instrumentals were not my thing at all.

I don't think it's polluting a thread if someone gives their opinion and does it in a polite way

At the best it is irrelevant to the topic at the worst it is polluting, trolling and uncourteous to whoever made the thread and participates in it. Just imagine a thread about Slash's next solo album and people started posting, "I don't really like Slash, his music is not for me". What's the bloody point in posting in that thread then? How does that add value to the thread? Nothing good comes out of it. 

• Like 2

I don't remember any of them except Quicksong, listened to them like a couple of times and that's it

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

At the best it is irrelevant to the topic at the worst it is polluting, trolling and uncourteous to whoever made the thread and participates in it. Just imagine a thread about Slash's next solo album and people started posting, "I don't really like Slash, his music is not for me". What's the bloody point in posting in that thread then? How does that add value to the thread? Nothing good comes out of it. 

What's the point of arguing about irrelevant things, like complaining about what someone has to say?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yet they're both Robin songs. :lol: Zodiac was really begging for some Bucket leads though... if Axl completed it, I imagine the 2006~ version would be killer.

It was an intro for November Rain at least once on the 2002 tour... I want to say the Auburn Hills show but I'd have to check.

It was played a few time back then, it was sometimes mixed in to The Asshole Song and parts of Prostitute. Listen 54 seconds in here

• Like 2

On 9/6/2024 at 10:34 AM, lunastar said:

Oklahoma is very similar to Izzy Stradlin's Grunt. Could Oklahoma have originated from the material that Izzy wrote for Gnr in the mid-90s? 

Axl is on record as having wrote the song in reaction to the Oklahoma City bombing, contrasting the lawsuit he was a part of with what he thought of as a real problem in the world. I don’t hear anything related to Grunt here, but we are talking about one of the AFD5 writing a song for Guns so it’s not crazy that it sounds like a potential Guns song. 

8 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

What's the point of arguing about irrelevant things, like complaining about what someone has to say?

Because it’s how he gets off. Imagine getting your jollies by arguing over someone else’s opinion

2 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Axl is on record as having wrote the song in reaction to the Oklahoma City bombing, contrasting the lawsuit he was a part of with what he thought of as a real problem in the world. I don’t hear anything related to Grunt here, but we are talking about one of the AFD5 writing a song for Guns so it’s not crazy that it sounds like a potential Guns song. 

I don't understand your thought at all. How does the instrumental part of the song relate to the Oklahoma City bombing? 

27 minutes ago, lunastar said:

I don't understand your thought at all. How does the instrumental part of the song relate to the Oklahoma City bombing? 

It’s not my thought, Axl said this himself. @Blackstar might be able to help with providing the original quote.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 5:28 PM, Cosmo said:

Oklahoma is solid. I don't know why but, to me, that song just screams Tommy Stinson.

Devious Bastard seems like something that could have been an instrumental while Axl rests his voice.

Me and My Elvis sounds like something made with Garageband, electronic drums and a very digital Line6 guitar amp.

Zodiac 13 is probably the coolest. Really had Buckethead written all over it.

Inside Out also sounds like something Buckethead would've made and presented to the band. 

PRL is really digital, sounds like a Chris Pitman jam.

Billionaire could have been Buckethead's numchuck music,

Dub Suplex is basically a Buckethead track. I can't imagine Axl singing anything on it.

D Tune is pretty cool.

Mustache was probably something they could have worked on and it would have sounded like something closer to a Guns N' Roses song. The first half, at least.

Curly Shuffle has a decent riff. It's something I could imagine in a "NuGnR UYI"

As it Began could have been a live intro do Street of Dreams, Estranged or November Rain.

Tonto could have become a decent GnR track.

I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish with Thyme.

Dummy is all over the place.

Circus Maximus is trippy and pretty cool.

Inside out was Robin I believe 

14 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Это не я так подумал, это сказал сам Эксл.@Blackstar возможно, смогу помочь с предоставлением оригинальной цитаты.

Do you want to say that the instrumental part of the song was composed, arranged and performed by Axl himself and give these quotes as proof? Ok. I have no more questions.

2 hours ago, lunastar said:

Do you want to say that the instrumental part of the song was composed, arranged and performed by Axl himself and give these quotes as proof? Ok. I have no more questions.

Not necessarily performed by, as I do not know who exactly is on the Village Leak demo. But yes, it was composed and arranged by Axl.