Linkin Park returns

rocknroll41

I think it’s kinda pathetic for his son to throw a tantrum. It isn’t Chester’s band, it never was. He was never the main songwriter, he mainly wrote lyrics. Plus, Chester had numerous side gigs and he himseld replaced Scott Weiland in STP for a while so his dad did the thing his son is complaining about now. 

I really like the new song. Yes, I’m a bit turned off by the Scientology stuff but I won’t judge her for her religion if she doesn’t preach it publicly. I don’t even know Mike’s religion. He could be in scientology too, especially due to the fact he chose her knowing she was in this cult and knowing it could face serious backlash.

• Like 3

On 9/9/2024 at 10:22 PM, Sweersa said:

I agree. Even if Guns found someone who sounded like late '80s-'90s Axl, it wouldn't be the same. Axl's stage presence, and even how he sounds today, is part of the experience. 

AC/DC and Journey are good examples of bands who successfully replaced their singers, and in both cases were due to very serious health related reasons. (And death, in the case of AC/DC) 

Brian Johnson is the only AC/DC singer i am aware of. I have never really followed the band. Although i have always liked Hells Bells and Thunder Struck.

1 hour ago, star said:

Brian Johnson is the only AC/DC singer i am aware of. I have never really followed the band. Although i have always liked Hells Bells and Thunder Struck.

Bon Scott was the original singer, he died from substance abuse if I recall correctly. Back In Black was their comeback album after they got Brian Johnson. There's some great songs with Bon Scott, Highway To Hell is one of many. I gotta give my older AC/DC CDs a spin again soon. Bon Scott and Brian Johnson's voices sound similar enough to where a casual listener may not realize they are different singers, though I'm sure many would disagree. (I suppose one could assume the CD-era Axl sounds like a different singer than the AFD-era Axl)

I really like the new song and think she did a good job live, not perfect but it was her first attempt live.

We shoudnt think of her as a replacement...Chester won't be replaced obviously and I think its fair for the other guys to be able to play their songs as LP and as some kind of tribute to Chester.

I dont know, I feel happy for these guys

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Bon Scott was the original singer, he died from substance abuse if I recall correctly. Back In Black was their comeback album after they got Brian Johnson. There's some great songs with Bon Scott, Highway To Hell is one of many. I gotta give my older AC/DC CDs a spin again soon. Bon Scott and Brian Johnson's voices sound similar enough to where a casual listener may not realize they are different singers, though I'm sure many would disagree. (I suppose one could assume the CD-era Axl sounds like a different singer than the AFD-era Axl)

Yeah, Bon died from choking after throwing up in his mouth while sleeping, because of alcohol abuse, if I’m not mistaken.

Most AC/DC fans consider him to be better than Brian, I can see why but I also really love Brian. Bon had a much biggee part in songwriting. After Fly On The Wall or Flick of the Switch (one of those albums) Brian didn’t even write lyrica. The Angus brothers took ir all upon themselves. Before I got into AC/DC, I thought there were three different singers, as Brian really changed his vocal style between Blow Up Your Video and Razors Edge. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Yeah, Bon died from choking after throwing up in his mouth while sleeping, because of alcohol abuse, if I’m not mistaken.

Most AC/DC fans consider him to be better than Brian, I can see why but I also really love Brian. Bon had a much biggee part in songwriting. After Fly On The Wall or Flick of the Switch (one of those albums) Brian didn’t even write lyrica. The Angus brothers took ir all upon themselves. Before I got into AC/DC, I thought there were three different singers, as Brian really changed his vocal style between Blow Up Your Video and Razors Edge. 

That is my understanding as well with his death. Very unfortunate. :(

I love the Razors Edge, Moneytalks is the song that got me into that band, I bought that album shortly after, then Back In Black and one or two of their older albums. Big Balls is also great, as a kid that song was hilarious to listen to. 

I know it gets talked about here from time to time, but it would be amazing if there was an official release (DVD or Blu-ray) of an Axl/DC show or shows. 

• Like 1

I think Emily is a good choice as the new singer, and having a female singer helps avoid comparisons. Chester's voice is absolutely iconic, but the rest of the band are talented "young" musicians, and it would be a shame and a waste of talent if they just called it quits. I'm happy that Mike and the rest of the band are able to keep the show going. Let's be honest, if they were touring with Emily under another band name, they would be absolutely irrelevant due to how the music industry works. I hope they continue to honor Chester's legacy.

Can't wait to their show in Bogotá. Luckily got my tix even if they sold out a 22K arena in like two hours lol.

Edited by DanteStraviosky
  • Like 1

I saw Mike on the tonight show with Jimmy Fallon. He talked about him and Joe getting together and making new music. Not sure when they picked this woman. Mike did't about it.

He also said about when each band member of LP came on and that Chester was the last to be their singer.  I know it's been 7 years, but even though the new songs sounds like a LP song, just don't like it.

I also noticed that Rob, the original drummer and Brad the original guitar are not with the band anymore. I feel that they can't do it without Chester.

I guess their fans will support them and that's okay, but I saw LP many times with Chester and I won't see this new version. Just feels wrong. 

I know many bands have gotten new members, but Chester died by suicide because of his mental illness and no one seemed to notice his pain. when I listen to LP songs, I realize that Chester was still in pain and no one seemed to realize it. Still stings after 7 years.

Glad I am not a big LP fan. They seem to be taken over by scientologists, now. Yuck. If you post a comment about it on several sites it gets deleted. Don't blame the band for trying to carry on, but that is all a bummer. 

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw Mike on the tonight show with Jimmy Fallon. He talked about him and Joe getting together and making new music. Not sure when they picked this woman. Mike did't about it.

He also said about when each band member of LP came on and that Chester was the last to be their singer.  I know it's been 7 years, but even though the new songs sounds like a LP song, just don't like it.

I also noticed that Rob, the original drummer and Brad the original guitar are not with the band anymore. I feel that they can't do it without Chester.

I guess their fans will support them and that's okay, but I saw LP many times with Chester and I won't see this new version. Just feels wrong. 

I know many bands have gotten new members, but Chester died by suicide because of his mental illness and no one seemed to notice his pain. when I listen to LP songs, I realize that Chester was still in pain and no one seemed to realize it. Still stings after 7 years.

Brad is still in the band, but he's not performing live during this tour, which is why you don't see him in the recent live performances. He’s still involved in the new music, the videos, etc., but not touring.

Rob didn’t want to stay in touch with the band anymore after Chester’s death (similar to John Deacon I think). It’s pretty sad, but the show must go on.

Mike and the guys are really talented musicians, and I think it would be really sad if their amazing catalog of hits were locked away and never performed again. I see it as an opportunity to keep Chester’s legacy alive.

I’m a big LP fan, and I’m glad they have a new opportunity to perform the music they’ve created over the past 25+ years. 

Chester is truly irreplaceable.

• Like 1