Stumbled into Tommy Stinson, tonight!

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Working in Columbus and am killing time. Passed by a random record store named “Used Kids Records” and guess who is playing, tonight! Can’t believe it!

I’ll report back after the show :) woohoo, Tommy!

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Show was great! I was right up front and it was a good turnout- about 120 people. He was very friendly and sounded great. Got to meet him after, got a pic, and got a copy of Let it Be by The Replacements signed. Told him Chinese was one of my favorite records. That was my first time meeting him and seeing him outside of Guns N Roses

What a crazy thing to stumble upon for me! I live 4  hours away in a different state and happened to be in town. Then I had no reason to go into that store (decided to kill times after passing it in my car) and had no idea he was playing there. Sometimes fun coincidences just happen!

IMG_7037.jpeg

REALLY fucking jealous! I want to see him live so bad! Cool to hear you had a good time! :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

lol nice one. Did he give any reaction to it if he heard?

I was like 2 feet away so he probably heard it and ignored it lol

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I'd take a NUGnR reunion show and setlist over the threeunion. seen it now, it's done. bring back stinson, bucket and finck. 

It’s clear to me all these guys are just so far removed from that period of their lives. Tommy’s current path couldn’t be further from his GNR days. Same with Ron, Bucket, Robin, Paul (probably), etc

Id bet Tommy is probably happier doing this. Everyone there was there because they liked Tommy and The Replacements. I was probably the only one that cared about his time in Guns N’ Roses

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2024 at 4:38 PM, Ericstacey said:

His solo stuff is great-I've seen him live 3 or 4 times-I paid to attend one of the meet and greet things before a show and asked him about Roy Thomas Baker (he hated him). He mentioned a song he wished he could get back from GNR-I'm assuming Going Down? 

Tommy hated a lot of people who worked on ChiDem. Have always kinda noticed a pattern with him.