Janes Addiction fight onstage

rocknroll41

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

If I was Navarro, I'd quit right after the show. 

Maybe they’ll get the QotSA guy back for the rest of the tour, since Josh Homme is out of commission for the foreseeable future.

Id also suggest bringing Josh Klinghoffer back but he’s on tour with Pearl Jam again now, and JA might be hesitant to work with him again until his trial ends.

Edited by rocknroll41

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I did post this in the general chat thread but should put it here, threw a quick multicam version together this morning when I saw it.

Any chance to do some editing i guess lol. Kind of cool to see the other members kind of support Dave at the end there, they should drop Farrell and start a new band tbh, I like some of there tunes but his voice was always very boring to me

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

I did post this in the general chat thread but should put it here, threw a quick multicam version together this morning when I saw it.

Any chance to do some editing i guess lol. Kind of cool to see the other members kind of support Dave at the end there, they should drop Farrell and start a new band tbh, I like some of there tunes but his voice was always very boring to me

Agreed. He sounds awful nowadays anyways. I saw someone on Reddit suggest Mike Patton. I’d be down for that, since it looks like FNM is never getting back together again.

Watched a number of different videos, since the first video was posted. 

Its clear Farrell has been struggling with his vocals and is under the influence.

During Mountain Song, Navarro approaches Avery onstage and they have a conversation. Farrell notices this and gets in the face of Avery and Navarro mocking them. 

Shorty after, Navarro walks up to Farrell, nudges him on the arm, gestures with his hands and fingers in a talking motion, and the heads back to his pedal board and rips into a solo. 

During Ocean Size, in the middle of Navarro solo, Farrell hits his talk box pedal and over the PA system, points at Avery and Naverro and says F***k You. 

That's when Farrell attacks Naverro. 

You can see both Naverro and Avery constantly looking at Farrell as if they are both checking on his condition and his mental state. 

I think the band via Naverros leadership, was simply helping Farrell by taking the load off his shoulders from a vocal perspective and also trying to keep things together. 

With Farrells state of mind and being under the influence, he clearly thinks the other members of the band were conspiring against him..

Those demon thoughts are back in Farrells mind and he with the support of those close to him, needs to get much needed help... 

• Like 4

When I saw them play at Rock Werchter in Belgium a few months ago the band was unbelievably tight. Literally one of the best musicianship I have seen recently and I'm a dude who goes to several festivals a year.

And Perry Farrell almost ruined it, he was barely coherent, drinking wine from a bottle, messing up the lyrics. The band was side eyeing him the whole night. He didn't do anything to them then but it was clear he wasn't in the right place. Really not surprised this happened 

• Wow 1

Dave just tweeted “goodnight” alongside a pic of himself holding a guitar that has a JA sticker on it. And a lot of roadies for the band are commenting on the post and referring to the tour in past-tense.

I think the rest of the tour will be canceled tomorrow, and the band will announce their break-up (again).

• Sad 2

A radio station in Detroit says the show there is gonna be canceled too, so they can’t do a ticket giveaway anymore.

I expect a full cancellation announcement any minute now.

EDIT: Yup, tour canceled. They didn’t clarify whether or not the band is done for good, though, or what will happen to the new music.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1